Author Topic: Iranian launch schedule  (Read 147581 times)

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 19099
  • Likes Given: 3097
Re: Iranian launch schedule
« Reply #240 on: 04/05/2022 06:05 am »
Is the cryogenic engine hydrolox or kerolox?
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline Kryten

• Liked: 401
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #241 on: 04/05/2022 10:57 am »
Are the Souroush boosters solid or liquid? They have what look like inter-tank spaces.

Offline Ehsan27

• I.R.Iran
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #242 on: 04/05/2022 11:27 am »
Is the cryogenic engine hydrolox or kerolox?

As shown in the image below, which is related to the introduction of this challenge on Iranian television, this is a kerolox engine
کروسین:Crocin
« Last Edit: 04/06/2022 12:02 pm by Ehsan27 »

Offline Ehsan27

• I.R.Iran
« Reply #243 on: 04/05/2022 11:53 am »
Are the Souroush boosters solid or liquid?
From the photos and posters I posted, it is clear that the liquid is smaller if it is solid, such as Atlas 5. Soroush 1 and 2 SLVs will have a structure similar to the Chinese CZ-2E / -F and the Indian GSLV.
Of course, this is a plan and it may change in the future, but I think it is the best path for Iran
« Last Edit: 04/05/2022 03:41 pm by Ehsan27 »

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #244 on: 04/06/2022 07:37 am »
As shown in the image below, which is related to the introduction of this challenge on Iranian television, this is a kerolox engine

Good to know, but that's a pressure fed engine. The prior images show a pump fed engine. Is the pump fed engine kerolox or hydrolox?

Of course, this is a plan and it may change in the future, but I think it is the best path for Iran

I would have thought copying the Falcon 9 would make better sense.
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline Ehsan27

• I.R.Iran
« Reply #245 on: 04/06/2022 12:01 pm »
, but that's a pressure fed engine. The prior images show a pump fed engine. Is the pump fed engine kerolox or hydrolox?
actually, I do not understand the structure of the liquid engine well
I can only say that the last photo that shows a pump fed engine is a decorative photo and probably not a cryogenic engine design.
The important part of the photo is that the engine uses crocin and liquid oxygen.

I would have thought copying the Falcon 9 would make better sense.
Maybe you are right and imitating Falcon 9 is a good idea.

but As far as I know the Falcon 9 Block 1 that came out in 2010 is different from the Falcon 9 that is being launched these days. It was not reusable and was shorter.
Another issue is that the United States, which launched its first satellite about 80 years ago and built dozens of types of SLVs over the years, cannot be compared to Iran.

Offline Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Braga - Portugal
    • Em ”rbita
  • Liked: 1530
  • Likes Given: 888

Offline starbase

• Liked: 278
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #247 on: 06/14/2022 06:51 pm »
bit.ly/SpaceLaunchCalendar ☆ bit.ly/SpaceEventCalendar

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #248 on: 06/19/2022 04:44 am »
Looks like they haven't repainted the circle.

Offline Fmedici

• Italy
  • Liked: 211
  • Likes Given: 225
« Reply #249 on: 06/26/2022 01:28 pm »
It seems that whatever that was, it has been launched:

https://apnews.com/article/space-launches-middle-east-iran-tehran-european-union-b197265d72809ef97c7cd12cd3c33f07?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) ó Iranian state television said on Sunday that Tehran has launched a solid-fueled rocket with a satellite carrier, a day after Iran and the European Union agreed to resume stalled talks over Iranís tattered nuclear deal with world powers.

Itís unclear when exactly the rocket was launched, but the announcement came after satellite photos showed preparations at a desert launch pad. Iran had also acknowledged that it planned tests for the satellite-carrying Zuljanah rocket. State-run media claimed that the rocket launch was successful.

The news comes after the European Unionís foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, traveled to Tehran in a push to resuscitate stalemated negotiations over Iranís nuclear program and announced on Saturday that the U.S. and Iran would resume indirect talks in the coming days.

Previous rocket launches have drawn rebukes from the United States, which says that such satellite launches defy a United Nations Security Council resolution calling on Iran to steer clear of any activity related to ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons.

Iran, which long has said it does not seek nuclear weapons, maintains its satellite launches and rocket tests do not have a military component.

Iranís state-run news agency IRNA quoted Ahmad Hosseini, spokesman for the Defense Ministry, as saying that the satellite carrier would gather information in low-earth orbit and would be critical to promote Iranís space industry.

Online Vahe231991

• 11 Canyon Terrace
  • Liked: 131
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #250 on: 06/26/2022 03:48 pm »
It seems that whatever that was, it has been launched:

https://apnews.com/article/space-launches-middle-east-iran-tehran-european-union-b197265d72809ef97c7cd12cd3c33f07?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) ó Iranian state television said on Sunday that Tehran has launched a solid-fueled rocket with a satellite carrier, a day after Iran and the European Union agreed to resume stalled talks over Iranís tattered nuclear deal with world powers.

Itís unclear when exactly the rocket was launched, but the announcement came after satellite photos showed preparations at a desert launch pad. Iran had also acknowledged that it planned tests for the satellite-carrying Zuljanah rocket. State-run media claimed that the rocket launch was successful.

The news comes after the European Unionís foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, traveled to Tehran in a push to resuscitate stalemated negotiations over Iranís nuclear program and announced on Saturday that the U.S. and Iran would resume indirect talks in the coming days.

Previous rocket launches have drawn rebukes from the United States, which says that such satellite launches defy a United Nations Security Council resolution calling on Iran to steer clear of any activity related to ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons.

Iran, which long has said it does not seek nuclear weapons, maintains its satellite launches and rocket tests do not have a military component.

Iranís state-run news agency IRNA quoted Ahmad Hosseini, spokesman for the Defense Ministry, as saying that the satellite carrier would gather information in low-earth orbit and would be critical to promote Iranís space industry.
The US Space Force and other US radar-based military assets have yet to provide data to confirm that the launch put a satellite into orbit or that the Zoljanah rocket followed an orbital trajectory.

Offline Fmedici

• Italy
« Reply #251 on: 06/26/2022 04:14 pm »
The US Space Force and other US radar-based military assets have yet to provide data to confirm that the launch put a satellite into orbit or that the Zoljanah rocket followed an orbital trajectory.

The official version is that it was an intentional suborbital launch:

https://twitter.com/Nextlaunch/status/1541045830022582272

Offline Fmedici

• Italy

Offline russianhalo117

• Liked: 3731
  • Likes Given: 744
« Reply #253 on: 08/04/2022 05:54 am »
According to Iran Press news agency, the Iranian Space Agency announced in a report that in a joint cooperation with Russia, the Iranian Khayam satellite will be launched from the Baikonur space station ( Baikonur Cosmodrome) in Kazakhstan next week by a Soyuz satellite Carrier.

The report points out that the Khayyam satellite is an important step for providing satellite data and developing the applications of the space industry in Iran.

Furthermore, this satellite, which is owned by the Iran Space Agency, will provide suitable infrastructure for the smartening of different parts of the country, with accurate sensors in different spectrums.

The report continued that data received from the Khayyam satellite, will be used in improving productivity in the field of agriculture, careful monitoring of Iran's water resources, managing natural hazards, monitoring changes in land use, unauthorized constructions and dealing with deforestation, monitoring environmental hazards, monitoring mines and discoveries as well as mining, monitoring Iran's borders.
This thread doesn't presently cover foreign manufacturered and launched satellites for Iran.
« Last Edit: 08/04/2022 07:18 am by russianhalo117 »

Offline russianhalo117

« Reply #254 on: 08/04/2022 07:17 am »

This thread doesn't presently cover foreign launched Iranian satellites.

I don't know where to post. Either someone guide me or one of the admins move the post
Is it okay to move it to the "Iranian Space" thread?

I'm not going include it as it is a pretty much fully Russian built and launched payload with some expected outsourced components and is operated primarily through Russian ground stations with some built inside Iran which will be using joint personnel at least initially.

Online Galactic Penguin SST

« Reply #255 on: 08/04/2022 07:28 am »

This thread doesn't presently cover foreign launched Iranian satellites.

I don't know where to post. Either someone guide me or one of the admins move the post
Is it okay to move it to the "Iranian Space" thread?

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=54078.0
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Online zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 4658
  • Likes Given: 39322
« Reply #256 on: 08/04/2022 07:55 am »
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=54078.0
I split/moved the original post to this launch thread in the Russian launches sub-forum.
« Last Edit: 08/04/2022 08:38 am by zubenelgenubi »
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.)
My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!"

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #257 on: Today at 06:02 am »
2021.06.26 - Test flight - Zoljanah (xxx.xxx) - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - TBD - R&D

This should be in 2022.

Offline russianhalo117

« Reply #258 on: Today at 02:28 pm »
Iranian Orbital Launch Chronology:
Date - Satellite(s) - Rocket - Launch Site - Time (UTC)
2008.08.17 - (?) - Safir-1 - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - Unknown (Test)
2009.02.02 - Omid - Safir-1 (2) - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - 18:34
2011.06.15 - Rasad - Safir-1A - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - 09:15:03
2012.02.03 - Navid Elm-o-Sana't - Safir-1B - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - 00:04
2012.05.23 - Fajr #1 - Safir-1B - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - Unknown (launch failure)
2012.09.22 - Fajr #2 - Safir-1B - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - Unknown (launch failure)
2013.02.17 - Fajr #3 - Safir-1B - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - Unknown (launch failure)
2015.02.02 - Fajr #4 - Safir-1B - Semnam (IKSLC), LC-1 - 08:52
2017.07.27 - (?) - Simorgh (MBS.B001) - Semnam (IKSLC), LC-2 - 09:30 (launch failure)
2019.01.15 - Payam-e-Amirkabir Remote Sensing Satellite 1 (AUTSAT 1, Amir-Kabir 1 (AUTSAT (Amir Kabir University of Technology Satellite)) - Simorgh - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-2 - 00:30 (launch failure)
2019.02.05 - Dousti Remote Sensing Satellite - Safir-1B - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - Unknown (Launch Failure)
2019.08.29 - Nahid-1 (Communications Test Satellite) - Safir-1B - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - NA (Pad Processing Failure)
2020.02.09 - Zafar-1 - Simorgh (MRS.C001) - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-2 - 15:45 (Launch Failure
2020.04.22 - Noor-1 - Qased - Shahroud Missile Range, LC-1 - 0400
2021.02.01 - Test flight - Zoljanah (WRS.Z001) - Shahroud Missile Range, LC-1 - TBD - R&D
2021.06.12 - Tolou? - Simorgh (TBD.xxxx) - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-2 - TBD (Launch Failure)
2021.12.30 - 3 payloads - Simorgh (UKS.C001) - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-2 - 03:30 (Launch Failure)
2022.02.27 - TBD - TBD - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - NA (Pad Processing Failure)
2022.03.08 - Noor-2 - Qased - Shahroud Missile Range, LC-1 - ~05:10
2022.06.26 - Test flight - Zoljanah (xxx.xxx) - Semnan (IKSLC), LC-1 - TBD - R&D

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography