Author Topic: NASASpaceflight.com L2 Overview and Q&A (2010 to 2015)  (Read 302191 times)

Offline RichardoLewis

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NASASpaceflight.com L2 Updated Overview and Q&A
« Reply #60 on: 10/29/2011 11:54 am »
Thanks Carl, that's excellent.

Offline Jason A

• Liked: 1
« Reply #61 on: 10/31/2011 10:39 pm »
I've been on L2 for a week or so now and I'm about one percent into everything. It's amazing!

Offline RichardoLewis

« Reply #62 on: 11/09/2011 01:05 am »
Well that was a joy, Chris is allowing the term to start on Christmas Day for two months, after paying today. That is very helpful!

Offline dcbecker

• Northern NJ
« Reply #63 on: 11/09/2011 05:07 pm »
Well that was a joy, Chris is allowing the term to start on Christmas Day for two months, after paying today. That is very helpful!

Chris is the BEST! for the BEST space site!
Dan

Offline Andy DC

• Liked: 85
  • Likes Given: 156
« Reply #64 on: 12/01/2011 08:03 pm »
Hi, I've just joined, how long does it take to be upgraded? :)

Oh, already upgraded as I posted ;D Thanks Chris!
« Last Edit: 12/01/2011 08:06 pm by Andy DC »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #65 on: 12/01/2011 08:16 pm »
Yep, saw that come through Andy and you're on! Welcome to the site, the forum and L2 all in one go! We really appreciate your support.

Have fun, as I know you will.

(And thanks to dcbecker for his comment, didn't notice that, and while I wouldn't say I'm the best at anything, the site deserves it so that was appreciated ;D)
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Andy DC

• Liked: 85
  • Likes Given: 156
« Reply #66 on: 12/02/2011 04:01 am »
Yep, saw that come through Andy and you're on! Welcome to the site, the forum and L2 all in one go! We really appreciate your support.

Have fun, as I know you will.

Thanks Chris! Having fun for sure. L2 is amazing. I'm doing random page hits and finding awesome goodies!

Offline Don Mc0

• Los Angeles, CA
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #67 on: 12/08/2011 03:05 am »
Hey Chris. Going to join L2 tomorrow, but my paypal address is different to the one I signed up to the forum with. That's cool right?

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #68 on: 12/08/2011 01:58 pm »
Hey Chris. Going to join L2 tomorrow, but my paypal address is different to the one I signed up to the forum with. That's cool right?

Sure is Don!

During the checkout process you can enter your username, so when the payment arrives.

Any problems, fire me an e-mail or PM. I personally will see notification of the payment, so I'm immediately hands on with ensuring the upgrade is completed.

Thanks Don!
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Don Mc0

• Los Angeles, CA
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #69 on: 12/09/2011 03:48 am »
Thanks Chris! Already blown away by how awesome this all is!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #70 on: 12/14/2011 12:35 pm »
Great to hear Don :)

UPDATE:

Small example noted in this article:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2011/12/stratolaunch-rutan-designed-air-launched-system-falcon-rockets/

That article is mainly from the press release, but I added in L2 info on the Crossbow. Notice how the "conceptual designs and graphics (L2)" is clickable - click that and it'll take L2 members only directly to that L2 resource.

Today's SLS article will probably have a lot more as it'll be fully via L2, but the idea is L2 members will have more direct linking from the news articles to the documentation. Remember to be logged in to the forum so the system recognizes you as a L2 member.

Non-L2 members will go through to the forum on clicking such links with "off limits" message.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #71 on: 12/15/2011 02:09 pm »
Ok, a trial of color coding. Three direct-to-L2-content links in this article:
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2011/12/building-roadmap-sls-con-ops-lays-leolunar-options/

Do we require colors? Or would direct linking with the "(L2)" serve the purpose?

Offline MP99

« Reply #72 on: 12/15/2011 03:47 pm »
Ok, a trial of color coding. Three direct-to-L2-content links in this article:
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2011/12/building-roadmap-sls-con-ops-lays-leolunar-options/

Do we require colors? Or would direct linking with the "(L2)" serve the purpose?

I not sure the colours are necessary, but would suggest something more like "available to L2 members" instead of "available to download via L2".

For readers who aren't familiar with L2, this tells them it has a membership (and implies they could join it).

Also, the page you get to if you're not signed in may benefit from a specific mention of L2 membership, and perhaps a link to this overview thread. (Not sure if you can configure that easily, or it requires a programmer change.)

cheers, Martin

Offline racshot65

• Aaron Kalair
  • Coventry, England
« Reply #73 on: 12/15/2011 05:14 pm »
The colours are slightly weird as its not really standard to have multicoloured links.

I guess if you do it for long enough people will get used to it.

Also, I agree with MP99 if you don't have access to L2 it should go to a promotional page for it, rather than an error message.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #74 on: 12/15/2011 05:34 pm »
Good calls guys, thanks. Yeah, we need Mark to change the "not L2, clicking a L2 page, message". And we'll forget about colors and just work on linkage.

Offline AdamH

• Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #75 on: 12/20/2011 09:14 pm »
Wow, what a wonderful surprise. Thank you so much!!
I truly appreciate the generous gift of L2 that one of you has given me, you are too kind!
Best wishes to you for the holidays. I promise to make good use of it!  ;D
« Last Edit: 12/20/2011 09:16 pm by AdamH »

Offline Rangers75

• Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #76 on: 01/13/2012 02:15 pm »
Hey. Is it right you can actually download stuff to your hard drive and keep forever? Or is it where you access things but only until your subscription runs out?

Also I had been a member of another subscription service and they kept charging my card until I wrote them an e-mail to stop charging me and remove my subscription. You don't do that here right?

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #77 on: 01/13/2012 02:27 pm »
Hey. Is it right you can actually download stuff to your hard drive and keep forever? Or is it where you access things but only until your subscription runs out?

Welcome to the site! It's the former, you download content and keep it forever.

Also I had been a member of another subscription service and they kept charging my card until I wrote them an e-mail to stop charging me and remove my subscription. You don't do that here right?

Yeah, we'd never do that. You pay a one off payment for your term. We never "recharge", which some subscriptions do by using the clever "per month" tag. If you join for two months, you pay for two months - for example. You'll get the offer of resubscription a week or so before the end of term, but if you don't act on it, your term simply runs out. You never have to actually "unsubscribe".
« Last Edit: 01/13/2012 02:40 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline Rangers75

• Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #78 on: 01/13/2012 03:06 pm »
Thanks Chris!

Offline kcrick

• Connecticut
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 2630
« Reply #79 on: 01/13/2012 03:49 pm »

Welcome to the site! It's the former, you download content and keep it forever.

Yeah, we'd never do that. You pay a one off payment for your term. We never "recharge", which some subscriptions do by using the clever "per month" tag. If you join for two months, you pay for two months - for example. You'll get the offer of resubscription a week or so before the end of term, but if you don't act on it, your term simply runs out. You never have to actually "unsubscribe".

Hey Chris, is it acceptable to say pay for a couple of months, let it expire, and then resubscribe again for another couple of months a little while later?
Kevin

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography