Author Topic: SpaceX F9 : CSG-2 : CCSFS SLC-40 : 31 January 2022 (23:11 UTC)  (Read 123932 times)

Offline Zed_Noir

• Canada
  • Liked: 1809
  • Likes Given: 1302
The SpaceX webcast folks seems to asleep. The youtube webcast page stated that coverage starting at 7PM ET.  :o  Or 6 hours from now (about 12PM ET).

Offline lenny97

• Pescara, Abruzzo - Italy
  • Liked: 241
  • Likes Given: 235
Founder of www.spacevoyaging.com — Independent Space News Blog
I'm based in Pescara, Italy. Music addicted.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7392
  • Likes Given: 72392
SFN Launch Schedule, updated January 27:
CSG-2 launch clarified to 23:11:19 UTC.
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline lenny97

• Pescara, Abruzzo - Italy
  • Liked: 241
  • Likes Given: 235
The SpaceX webcast folks seems to asleep. The youtube webcast page stated that coverage starting at 7PM ET.  :o  Or 6 hours from now (about 12PM ET).

Fixed.  ;)
Founder of www.spacevoyaging.com — Independent Space News Blog
I'm based in Pescara, Italy. Music addicted.

Offline Chris Bergin

Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

SpaceX is targeting Thursday, January 27 for launch of the COSMO-SkyMed Second Generation FM2 mission to low Earth orbit from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.

The instantaneous launch window is at 6:11 p.m. EST, or 23:11 UTC, and a back up opportunity is available on Friday, January 28 with the same window. The Falcon 9 first stage booster supporting this mission previously supported the launch of Arabsat-6A and STP-2. After stage separation, Falcon 9 will return to Earth and land on Landing Zone 1 (LZ-1) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station.

One half of the fairings supporting this mission previously supported Transporter-1, Transporter-2, and one Starlink mission, and the other half previously supported SAOCOM 1B, Transporter-2, and one Starlink mission.

A live webcast of this mission will begin about 15 minutes prior to liftoff.
this is called cost effectiveness we see that SpaceX is saving their upload internet cost can't. they write the line, "The Falcon 9 first stage booster supporting this mission previously supported the launch of Arabsat-6A and STP-2." I am so shocked a Falcon beast, formerly Falcon Heavy side booster is roaring again in new form as a Falcon 9 after spending about 950 days in storage and conversion.  No reference  of this. they must have written. It must be, "The Falcon 9 first stage booster supporting this mission previously supported the launch of Arabsat-6A and STP-2 as a Falcon Heavy Side booster. They are writing such that those who don't  know Arabsat-6A and STP-2 mission  will trat that it is a Falcon 9 mission. Offah so cost saving lines!!

Offline ZachS09

• Space Savant
  • Roanoke, TX
  • Liked: 2344
  • Likes Given: 2060
Per the mission kit, there are two M-Vac burns leading up to payload separation an hour into the flight.

The typical mass for a COSMO-SkyMed Second Gen satellite is 2,205 kilograms, which should be light enough for both a direct insertion and Stage 1 RTLS.

To add onto that, SAOCOM 1B was 3,000 kilograms and used the very profile I listed in the second paragraph.

What’s the reasoning for the 2-burn profile on this mission?
« Last Edit: 01/27/2022 05:17 pm by ZachS09 »
Liftoff for St. Jude's! Go Dragon, Go Falcon, Godspeed Inspiration4!

Per the mission kit, there are two M-Vac burns leading up to payload separation an hour into the flight.

The typical mass for a COSMO-SkyMed Second Gen satellite is 2,205 kilograms, which should be light enough for both a direct insertion and Stage 1 RTLS.

To add onto that, SAOCOM 1B was 3,000 kilograms and used the very profile I listed in the second paragraph.

They will likely be inserting the spacecraft directly into its ~620km orbit. I believe it is more efficient to do 2 burns.
Rocket Enthusiast and Manager for Next Spaceflight.

Offline oldAtlas_Eguy

• Florida
  • Liked: 5005
  • Likes Given: 1444

They will likely be inserting the spacecraft directly into its ~620km orbit. I believe it is more efficient to do 2 burns.
Initial orbit is elliptical orbit with an apogee at 620km where the second burn after a coast is made once apogee is reached to circularize at 620km.

Offline SPKirsch

• Germany
  • Liked: 789
  • Likes Given: 670
https://twitter.com/JennyHPhoto/status/1486773893901819906
Booster 1052 is ready for the lift off of CSG-2 which is set set to launch tonight at 6:11pm ET.

B1052 has completed 2 flights previously, both times being a FH side core.
ArabSat 6A and STP-2.

Kamera: Me for @SuperclusterHQ
https://twitter.com/julia_bergeron/status/1486772121690910725
B1052-3 as it sits at Launch Complex 40 ahead of tonight's CSG-2 launch. This is the first time this core has been used as a Falcon 9 booster and has never seen a water landing.

@NASASpaceflight article: https://nasaspaceflight.com/2022/01/falcon-9-csg-2/
« Last Edit: 01/27/2022 06:05 pm by SPKirsch »

Wow still kept octaves markings amazing

« Last Edit: 01/27/2022 06:35 pm by Chinakpradhan »

Offline soltasto

• Italy, Earth
  • Liked: 1118
  • Likes Given: 40
"Press kit" capture with OCR

Offline SLEP

• Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 2
I’m here now off of Phillips Pkwy and it is very windy on the ground

Offline Conexion Espacial

• Liked: 3164
  • Likes Given: 2273

The weather is bad today, so it is not surprising that there is an attempt to launch tomorrow.https://twitter.com/TrevorMahlmann/status/1486819234881708036
I publish information in Spanish about space and rockets.
www.x.com/conexionspacial

Offline SLEP

• Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 2
And now it’s raining

Offline Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 1548
  • Likes Given: 1385
Windy out here at Jetty. At the very least my streak shot tonight doesn't look very promising.
KSC Engineer, astronomer, rocket photographer.

Offline RocketLover0119

• Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Liked: 6791
  • Likes Given: 1609
Now under T-38 minutes. Poll for prop load should have occurred by now but no SpX Mission Control stream yet, still pouring at the site.
"The Starship has landed"

Offline Conexion Espacial

• Liked: 3164
  • Likes Given: 2273
Now under T-38 minutes. Poll for prop load should have occurred by now but no SpX Mission Control stream yet, still pouring at the site.
I publish information in Spanish about space and rockets.
www.x.com/conexionspacial

Offline RocketLover0119

• Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Liked: 6791
  • Likes Given: 1609
T-35 minutes. Prop load should be starting now but still no word from SpaceX.
"The Starship has landed"

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography