Author Topic: ARCA update  (Read 2083 times)

Offline ringsider

• Liked: 176
  • Likes Given: 45
ARCA update
« on: 12/28/2017 10:19 PM »
Not sure if this is really on topic but I guess the CEO deserves some kind of rebuttal given all the stories of his arrest etc. I am not a big fan of ARCA but he is innocent until proven guilty, so here's his statement:-

« Last Edit: 12/28/2017 10:22 PM by ringsider »

Offline josespeck

• Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: ARCA update
« Reply #1 on: 12/29/2017 06:31 PM »

Ok. But when they test with hydrogen peroxide?.

Offline catdlr

• Viewed launches since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 1792
  • Likes Given: 1234
« Reply #2 on: 02/11/2018 08:54 AM »
ARCA Stories: Elena Simona Popescu

ARCA Space Corporation
Published on Feb 10, 2018

ARCA Stories is a video series that presents the teamís achievements, missions, technology and people. This first episode focuses on Elena Simona Popescu, ARCAís PR Manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8Xc8q1_2U?t=001

Tony De La Rosa

Offline catdlr

• Viewed launches since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 1792
  • Likes Given: 1234
« Reply #3 on: 02/11/2018 08:59 AM »
After viewing the above, maybe this thread should be moved into the Soap Opera, excuse me, Entertainment section?  :o
« Last Edit: 02/11/2018 09:02 AM by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa

Offline meekGee

• N. California
  • Liked: 4296
  • Likes Given: 859
« Reply #4 on: 02/12/2018 02:50 AM »
Made my evening...  Nevermind whether the fiberglass hack-rocket can fly 1 foot...
ABCD - Always Be Counting Down

Offline deruch

• California
  • Liked: 1546
  • Likes Given: 2789
« Reply #5 on: 02/14/2018 04:35 PM »
ARCA Stories: Elena Simona Popescu

ARCA Stories is a video series that presents the teamís achievements, missions, technology and people. This first episode focuses on Elena Simona Popescu, ARCAís PR Manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8Xc8q1_2U?t=001

So, it's a pure PR production and their first profile is of their PR Manager?  I'm dying.
Shouldn't reality posts be in "Advanced concepts"?  --Nomadd

Offline CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
  • Liked: 425
  • Likes Given: 319
« Reply #6 on: 02/14/2018 09:14 PM »
So, it's a pure PR production and their first profile is of their PR Manager?  I'm dying.

Hey, you hafta admit they do PR really well!... all things considered.  :P
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - however, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.

Offline TrevorMonty

« Reply #7 on: 02/14/2018 10:23 PM »
They lost all credibility in my eyes when video showed some Arduino boards connected by wires via breadboard, then said avionics is almost ready.

Offline CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
« Reply #8 on: 02/15/2018 12:07 AM »
They lost all credibility in my eyes when video showed some Arduino boards connected by wires via breadboard, then said avionics is almost ready.

Yeah.. but given they hadn't started on anything for their actual flight-test article at that point, maybe they meant to say "avionics for the test stand"?

With these guys it seems there's a lot that's been lost in translation.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - however, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.

Offline TrevorMonty

« Reply #9 on: 02/15/2018 02:57 AM »

Yeah.. but given they hadn't started on anything for their actual flight-test article at that point, maybe they meant to say "avionics for the test stand"?

With these guys it seems there's a lot that's been lost in translation.
I'd expect test stand electronics to be a purpose built PCA, anything can result in faults from noise due to poor grounding. Dedicated PCAs are cheap compared to rocket engines.

Offline CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
« Reply #10 on: 02/15/2018 05:45 AM »
I'd expect test stand electronics to be a purpose built PCA, anything can result in faults from noise due to poor grounding. Dedicated PCAs are cheap compared to rocket engines.

Even fibreglass ones?!?  ;D

Tags: