Author Topic: Saturn 1B AS-203 S-IVB Hydrogen Tank Footage (+ SA-5 kerosene tank)  (Read 1951 times)

Offline R7

• Propulsophile
    • Don't worry.. we can still be fans of OSC and SNC
  • Liked: 944
  • Likes Given: 663
Prompted by L2 discussion went to look for rocket tank camera footages. This is only one I could find from utube. Found no mentioning of it on the site so here goes. Looks surprising calm given there's J-2 roaring just a few meters away. Coast phase seems to start at 9:18

Anyone know any other in-flight tank footage? Especially LOX tank would be interesting. Hydrogen is like water, you can see details from tank bottom while it's full, wondering how deep you can see through LOX which is has pale blue color.

edit: searched poorly the first time, found footage shot from one of Saturn 1 kerosene tanks (flight SA-5):

« Last Edit: 05/14/2014 11:43 AM by R7 »
AD·ASTRA·ASTRORVM·GRATIA

Offline mtakala24

The first one is ripped from Spacecraft Films' Saturn I DVD. There is more on there, I highly recommend on getting it.

Edit: The second one is also from the same Mighty Saturns DVD set; its Mark Gray himself doing the talking on that video, and its on his own youtube channel.
« Last Edit: 05/14/2014 02:04 PM by mtakala24 »

Offline mtakala24

My old post from L2 Historical Shopping List -thread lists these on the Spacecraft Films DVD:

The Mighty Saturns: Saturn I and IB:
Disc 1: Bonus Materials: SA-5 Tank Interior, SA-203 LH2 tank interior

The Mighty Saturns: Saturn V:
Disc 2: AS-503: Chapter 8: S-IC Interior LOX tank

Offline R7

• Propulsophile
    • Don't worry.. we can still be fans of OSC and SNC
  • Liked: 944
  • Likes Given: 663
The Mighty Saturns: Saturn V:
Disc 2: AS-503: Chapter 8: S-IC Interior LOX tank

Oh nice. Can you see details deep down through LOX like in kerosene/hydrogen tanks?
AD·ASTRA·ASTRORVM·GRATIA

Offline mtakala24

Can't remember, and my DVD isn't "at hand" at the moment.