Author Topic: Orbital's Antares/Cygnus ORB-D Processing Flow Updates  (Read 55430 times)

Online Chris Bergin

Our very own Philip asking about weather rules! :)

Cloud ceiling and visibility - items that may impact on radar etc.

Online Chris Bergin

Local media guy asking about Wallops. Orbital note they've added several hundred jobs. Notes interest ranges to local schools and commerce. Really appreciate the interest and that they realize they are adding to the local economy.

Online Chris Bergin

Orbital have hardware for the next two missions on base. Up to 10 planned. Can supply more if NASA request.

ORB-D is very important to Orbital to show reliability.

Lots of interest to see if they succeed with this mission and then may place a firm order (private companies - and mentions national security payloads).

Online Chris Bergin

On shorter timeline to reach the Station, now four days. Can delay a day or two if necessary.

Still need to demo the 10 milestones on the way to the Station. Can stay on orbit for 30 days. If there's a delay - and conflict with the Soyuz - can stay on orbit for a week or longer if required. Same for undocking timeline.

That's the plan for the fourth or fifth mission, to do some experiments on orbit after undocking.

Online Chris Bergin

Talking about the cable that was damaged as part of the delay from pad integration - details already in L2 at the time. Bottom line is the replaced the cable and it all works fine now.

Online Chris Bergin

Thursday is a 10 percent chance of violation.

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 700
  • Likes Given: 728
Re: Orbital's Antares/Cygnus ORB-D Processing Flow Updates
« Reply #146 on: 09/17/2013 07:00 PM »
the fiber optic cable is that same as last time failed

2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~ by Thomas Alva Edison

Online Chris Bergin

Well now we know Irene reads the site, asking about EMU hardware going up on Cygnus'. Answer was as is now planned, not this one, but maybe the next.

Online Chris Bergin

Presser over. Josh says they'll make sure all the frogs are off the launch pad! ;D

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 700
  • Likes Given: 728
« Reply #150 on: 09/17/2013 07:03 PM »
got here late...errr
Asked if orbital was interesting in Commercial crew.....ans: Orbital has a full plate
Asked about the fire last time.......the pad has had the lawn cut back and will also have the fire dept on the pad area right after..

2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~ by Thomas Alva Edison

Offline John44

• Elite Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • space-multimedia
  • Liked: 155
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: 09/17/2013 07:21 PM »
Orbital Sciences/Cygnus Demonstration Mission News Conference
http://www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8491

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 2501
  • Likes Given: 168
« Reply #152 on: 09/17/2013 08:45 PM »

A view of Antares as seen from Pad 0B - the site of the Minotaur V LADEE launch on September 6.
Orbital photo.

Online Chris Bergin

Party Thread:
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=32875.0

LIVE Launch Day Update thread:
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=32876.0

We will remain on this thread for updates until the morning. I'll note when we'll switch.

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 2501
  • Likes Given: 168
« Reply #154 on: 09/18/2013 06:25 AM »
Engineers and technicians work on the Orbital Sciences Corporation Antares rocket, with its Cygnus cargo spacecraft aboard, at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS) Pad-0A, NASA Wallops Flight Facility, Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013 in Virginia. NASA's commercial space partner, Orbital Sciences Corporation, is targeting a Sept. 18 launch for its demonstration cargo resupply mission to the International Space Station. Photo Credit: (NASA/Bill Ingalls)

Tags: