Author Topic: Ariane VA210 - Star One C3 & Eutelsat21B/W6A November 10, 2012 (2105UTC)  (Read 14922 times)

Offline Mapperuo

• Assistant Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 48
  • Yorkshire
- Aaron

Online Galactic Penguin SST

• Geek Penguin in Earth Orbit
  • Liked: 227
  • Hong Kong
Any Astrium guys here? You guys are inadvertently making UFOs in China!  ::)

Some guys in different places in south-western China were making observations on the same day of this launch when they saw something like a bluish reflection moving slowly in the dark sky east of Sirius at about an hour after the launch (~22:20 UTC), and it was so strange that it make quite a detailed discussion at a Chinese astronomy forum, eventually making to the news two days ago! Luckily the detailed analysis of the height of the UFO and the timing of observation leads me to conclude that this was the ESC-A upper stage 30 minutes after all the fuel leaked out via passification. This was essentially confirmed after I pulled out old TLEs and running through a satellite prediction software.

Some detailed discussion here (in Chinese):  http://www.astronomy.com.cn/bbs/thread-246548-1-1.html
Hmm....where can I apply for the job of United Launch Alliance internet cheerleader?

Offline Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 33
  • Braga - Portugal
    • Em Órbita
The 'Star One-C3' Brazilian satellite was renamed 'Star One-C3 Rio 2016' in honor of the 2016 Olympics to be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Tags: