Author Topic: "The Shuttle Years" Online Television Shows  (Read 1878 times)

Offline sts1canada

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
"The Shuttle Years" Online Television Shows
« on: 06/06/2006 09:39 PM »
Here in the province of Ontario in Canada, we have a Television station called TVO...it is sort of like PBS, in that it is a Public television station, owned by the Ontario Government. TVO has produced a series of programs called "The Shuttle Years." There are 13 episodes, the 1st episode covers the highlights of the first era of the Shuttle (years 1981 - 1986) through the Challenger accident, up until the Hubble deploy mission in 1990. The other episodes cover the other shuttle missions up until the Columbia accident in 2003 when the series ends (ending the second era of the shuttle 1986 - 2003), each episode is about 25 minutes long. It is a fantastic summary of a great program and space age. There is no "annoying" narration, just the audio from Mission Control to the shuttle crews, but there is some pretty nice footage. On the website, there is a link for each episode that you can watch online, you must click on the word "episodes" to access them and pick a number of the episode you want to see, click on the "play" triangle button in the lower left corner to view them. Hope you enjoy them! ....I thought I would add the link here for all the interested shuttle "buffs" here! (You will need a high speed internet connection to view the programs & flash 7 player or higher) ........ Let me know what you think of these programs!!

http://www.tvo.org/shuttleyears/shuttleMain_content.html

Thank you.

Richard
:)

Offline J Britt RSA

• Regular
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
RE: "The Shuttle Years" Online Television Shows
« Reply #1 on: 06/07/2006 12:26 AM »
Excellent link! Thanks! If you don't mind, i've taken the liberty of copying your post & link and posted it on the forum of a hobby rocketry group I belong to.

Offline shuttlefan

• Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 3
RE: "The Shuttle Years" Online Television Shows
« Reply #2 on: 06/10/2006 02:40 PM »
Yes, I saw all those shows here in Saskatchewan, great documentaries!!
 :)

Tags: