Author Topic: LIVE: STS-133 Flight Day 12 - Undocking, Flyaround, Sep, Late Inspections  (Read 43483 times)

Offline styler

• Liked: 0
  • WNY
And over Rochester, NY. Rare clear skies. Dragged the wife and kids outside.

Next view of Discovery will be in Washington.
STS-2, STS-131, ...

Offline vt_hokie

• Liked: 41
  • Williamsburg, VA
Wow, just caught it, probably the most beautiful pass I've seen!  Surprised at how bright Discovery appeared...

Offline TJL

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 3
Just got a fantastic view of Discovery followed closely by ISS as they flew over Long Island, New York a few minutes ago.
The way the weather has been in this area lately, it may very well be the last time we're able to see Discovery.

Offline Ronsmytheiii

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 48
grumble high altitude clouds grumble

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Liked: 112
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia

And robertross, I did wave for you.  8)

Thanks.

Weather's not looking too good for tomorrow night either, and I'm supposed to have a 4 min pass!  ughhh. But I did seen the pair go by this time, so that's something.
My thoughts and prayers to the families of our fallen soldiers Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent, and Corporal Nathan Cirillo in the terror attacks against Canada. Rest in Peace.

Offline generic_handle_42

• Extreme Veteran
  • Toronto, Ontario

Thanks.

Weather's not looking too good for tomorrow night either, and I'm supposed to have a 4 min pass!  ughhh. But I did seen the pair go by this time, so that's something.

Plus, If I'm not mistaken, you got to see her launch... so you've got me beat there.  ;)
-Nick-

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia

Thanks.

Plus, If I'm not mistaken, you got to see her launch... so you've got me beat there.  ;)

I suppose that counts....hehehe  :)
My thoughts and prayers to the families of our fallen soldiers Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent, and Corporal Nathan Cirillo in the terror attacks against Canada. Rest in Peace.

Offline klausd

Flyaround in HD on my youtube channel  :)

Offline Naito

• Toronto, Canada
    • ProudlyGeeky
Heads up to those of us in southern Ontario and the surrounding area... we are about 15-20 minutes from a nice-looking pass. They are gonna go right overhead. Might not be the last chance to catch Discovery in flight, but it will be the best. ~18:55-19:00 EST.

Seems the weather gods are cooperating around much of the world tonight.

that was a FANTASTIC pass, I don't think I've ever seen better! I knew the max altitude was about 60 degrees above horizon but didn't realize how high up that really is, and WOW!  I think Discovery winked at me too! =)

Took some pics, didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but will post them later.
Carl C.

Offline jsmjr

• Liked: 2
  • Washington, DC
And over Rochester, NY. Rare clear skies. Dragged the wife and kids outside.

Next view of Discovery will be in Washington.

And here's what it looked like from a rooftop on Capitol Hill, DC.  Split the Little Dipper.

« Last Edit: 03/08/2011 12:07 AM by jsmjr »

Offline NavySpaceFan

• Defender of All Things Nautical!!!
  • Norfolk, VA

Flyaround in HD on my youtube channel  :)

A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. . .      :)
<----First launch of DISCOVERY, STS-41D!!!!

Offline Naito

• Toronto, Canada
    • ProudlyGeeky
From Toronto.

I have a big waterspot on my lens :(
Carl C.

Offline bkellysky

• Liked: 8
  • Selfie in Surveyor's camera mirror at NASM
  • Ardsley, New York, USA
    • Heads UP!
Discovery was amazingly bright when I saw it tonight as it passed over Elmsford, New York at 7pm EST.  I captured her riding just ahead of the ISS, with Cassiopeia looking on.  I was on my way to a meeting and hastily set up the tripod and my Canon XS, pointed and shot a few exposures. 
I also posted the photo on my blog at
http://bkellysky.wordpress.com/

bob
« Last Edit: 03/08/2011 12:43 AM by bkellysky »

Offline Astro_yyz

• Toronto, Ontario
Was walking home and knew there would be an ISS/Discovery flyover at 6.55.  Couldn't make it home in time to get my camera set up - was about 10 mins from home when I looked up in the North West sky and saw Discovery leading the way and the ISS about 10 degrees behind.  Considering I was under street lights, I was surprised how bright Discovery was (not as bright as the ISS, but still....)
Beautiful!  I look at the ISS flying overhead all the time, but tonight was special.
Katrina

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia
Brandi interviewing a team member, Melinda Redford (I hope I spelled that correctly).
« Last Edit: 03/08/2011 02:00 AM by robertross »

Tags: