Author Topic: We Choose the Moon  (Read 1300 times)

Offline 3Designer

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
We Choose the Moon
« on: 07/14/2009 07:41 PM »
I thought there might be few people here interested in this:

http://wechoosethemoon.org/

Offline Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 386
  • Likes Given: 911
Re: We Choose the Moon
« Reply #1 on: 07/14/2009 07:45 PM »
Awesome!
I have a wacky idea, why don't NSF cover live (+40 years) the launch of Apollo 11 with this as the celebration of Apollo 11? Similar coverage to a shuttle launch.
That be awesome!
Attended space missions: STS-114, STS-124, STS-128, STS-135, Atlas V "Curiosity", Delta IV Heavy NROL-15, Atlas V MUOS-2, Delta IV Heavy NROL-37, SpaceX CRS-9, SpaceX JCSAT-16, Atlas V GOES-R, SpaceX SES-11.

Offline iamlucky13

• Liked: 102
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #2 on: 07/14/2009 09:52 PM »
That's sweet.

I had a similar notion last week to post one image per day from 40 years ago to the day on my personal website to help get family and friends thinking more about it, with appropriate links to more info. Nowhere near as involved as that site, but I like to suppose that great minds think alike.

Obviously, launch, EVA, and recovery were easy to find good images for, but the six days of cruise are taking a little more imagination.

Some of the images in this website are ones I haven't come across elsewhere yet. I need to do some more digging around.

Offline Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 386
  • Likes Given: 911
« Reply #3 on: 07/14/2009 10:10 PM »
That's sweet.

I had a similar notion last week to post one image per day from 40 years ago to the day on my personal website to help get family and friends thinking more about it, with appropriate links to more info. Nowhere near as involved as that site, but I like to suppose that great minds think alike.

Obviously, launch, EVA, and recovery were easy to find good images for, but the six days of cruise are taking a little more imagination.

Some of the images in this website are ones I haven't come across elsewhere yet. I need to do some more digging around.

Yea that might be a problem. But heck, its NSF, they'll find it. ;)
Attended space missions: STS-114, STS-124, STS-128, STS-135, Atlas V "Curiosity", Delta IV Heavy NROL-15, Atlas V MUOS-2, Delta IV Heavy NROL-37, SpaceX CRS-9, SpaceX JCSAT-16, Atlas V GOES-R, SpaceX SES-11.

Tags: