Author Topic: Photo resources needed for a presentation  (Read 593 times)

Offline Slarty1080

• UK
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 4
Photo resources needed for a presentation
« on: 04/14/2018 04:09 PM »
I will be preparing a slide presentation over the next few months for a small local group interested in scientific topics. I will be giving a presentation on SpaceX amoung other things and I would be very grateful if people could point me in the right direction to find some pictures and film clips that I could use.

The first picture I need is one illustrating the wastefulness of disposable rockets. Ideally I would like a picture of a Saturn V first stage hitting the ocean or floating wreckage. I don't want to use the Shuttle SRB photos as these are reusable. If there are no suitable pictures available I am open to suggestions for something to illustrate why it is better to reuse rocket parts.
The first words spoken on Mars: "Humans have been wondering if there was any life on the planet Mars for many decades Ö well ... there is now!"

Offline Bob Shaw

• Liked: 425
  • Likes Given: 371
Re: Photo resources needed for a presentation
« Reply #1 on: 04/14/2018 04:45 PM »
There were no pictures of Saturn V debris hitting the ocean surface.

There is film of the Saturn V first stage dropping away from the second stage, both as telephoto shots from the ground and on-board cameras. There are pictures of Saturn V F-1 engines recovered from the ocean floor by Jeff Bezos, and later preserved at the Kansas Cosmosphere.

There are photos of the Gemini 5 first stage floating on the water after launch - parts of it were recovered and used to be on display at the Alabama Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville.

Google and YouTube will locate all these for you!

Offline deruch

• California
  • Liked: 1735
  • Likes Given: 3638
« Reply #2 on: 04/15/2018 06:14 AM »
I will be preparing a slide presentation over the next few months for a small local group interested in scientific topics. I will be giving a presentation on SpaceX amoung other things and I would be very grateful if people could point me in the right direction to find some pictures and film clips that I could use.

The first picture I need is one illustrating the wastefulness of disposable rockets. Ideally I would like a picture of a Saturn V first stage hitting the ocean or floating wreckage. I don't want to use the Shuttle SRB photos as these are reusable. If there are no suitable pictures available I am open to suggestions for something to illustrate why it is better to reuse rocket parts.

There are some pics of Chinese spent stages which have crashed on land:  https://spaceflightnow.com/2015/01/04/photos-long-march-rocket-stage-falls-in-rural-china/
Shouldn't reality posts be in "Advanced concepts"?  --Nomadd

Offline Slarty1080

• UK
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: 04/17/2018 01:08 AM »
Thanks, I can probably use both sources.

Next question: I would like to find or construct two short SpaceX video's one featuring 3 or 4 of the clearest and most spectacular falcon 9 booster return crashes and the other featuring the same of successful landings ending up with the dual falcon heavy booster return.

There's a lot available online but typically itís overlaid with Monty Pythons theme music or simialr. Are there any available with natural sound tracks?
The first words spoken on Mars: "Humans have been wondering if there was any life on the planet Mars for many decades Ö well ... there is now!"

Tags: