Author Topic: Lunar - Lovely short movie making Apollo photos 'come alive'...  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Oersted

• Liked: 4098
  • Likes Given: 2773

Offline Bob Shaw

• Liked: 728
  • Likes Given: 676
I have to say that I found this film really, really irritating.

Offline synchrotron

• Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 13

What are we supposed to do with this opinion? Beg you for your reasons why?

Offline brickmack

• USA
  • Liked: 3273
  • Likes Given: 101
Kinda uncomfortable to watch. Weird jumpy editing all around, and parts of it felt like being on acid (randomly shifting/wavy stuff?). Its a good thing this was only like 5 minutes, I'd probably be nauseous after much longer

Offline MATTBLAK

• Elite Veteran & 'J.A.F.A'
  • 'Space Cadets' Let us; UNITE!! (crickets chirping)
  • New Zealand
  • Liked: 2239
  • Likes Given: 3883
The modern trend is to overuse lens flares and create artificial, 'handheld cam' visuals. It's a stylistic choice that I only sometimes agree with. I'm glad people are still making Apollo-themed projects, though.
"Those who can't, Blog".   'Space Cadets' of the World - Let us UNITE!! (crickets chirping)

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 7827
  • Likes Given: 2
Kinda uncomfortable to watch. Weird jumpy editing all around, and parts of it felt like being on acid (randomly shifting/wavy stuff?). Its a good thing this was only like 5 minutes, I'd probably be nauseous after much longer

Yeah, to me it was a bit over-done, over-produced. If he had done fewer jumps and smoother transitions, it would have worked better. It's almost as if he was less interested in telling a story than in showing off the neat things that he could do with the software.

Offline Bob Shaw

• Liked: 728
  • Likes Given: 676

What are we supposed to do with this opinion? Beg you for your reasons why?

See other people's comments below mine, which I endorse.

Offline KelvinZero

• Liked: 887
  • Likes Given: 201
I liked it, mainly as a tech demo.
I would like to know more about how that was done, especially how hidden parts of the photos were filled in. I think the techniques here could be very successful used for a few seconds here and there to set the scene in future small productions. I look forward to seeing more NASA footage being brought to high definition life.

To be a better short story (which I don't think was the goal here) I would define the story with the audio first, perhaps using actual Apollo Audio. You can't really tell this story omitting everything happening on earth, either. There were some crawly morphing effects that were promising but too distracting outside of a tech demo.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography