Author Topic: Ventions  (Read 5224 times)

Offline Zond

• Liked: 56
  • Likes Given: 1
Ventions
« on: 11/03/2012 05:28 pm »
Ventions is planning to launch the VR-1 on November 7 from Wallops.
Ventions VR-1 is a 10.6 feet tall, 6-inch diameter liquid-fueled rocket from Ventions LLC. It is projected to fly to about 3 miles altitude during its nearly 3.5 minute flight.
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/wallops/news/ventions.html

Online Retired Downrange

• Turks & Caicos Islands
  • Liked: 121
  • Likes Given: 153
Re: Ventions
« Reply #1 on: 11/03/2012 08:07 pm »

Offline Zond

• Liked: 56
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: 02/02/2013 11:14 am »
Ventions put this on their website
Nov: Ventions concludes VR-1 sounding rocket test efforts at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility.
Sounds like an euphemism for "it failed".

Online jongoff

• Recovering Rocket Plumber/Space Entrepreneur
  • Lafayette/Broomfield, CO
  • Liked: 3987
  • Likes Given: 1681
« Reply #3 on: 02/02/2013 10:12 pm »
Nov: Ventions concludes VR-1 sounding rocket test efforts at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility.

The rocket looked like it was in pristine condition when I visited their shop last night. I'm not sure all the details other than something to do with a string of weather aborts, but it looks like they ended up having to cancel the test campaign before they were able to launch that particular vehicle.

~Jon

Offline john smith 19

• Everyplaceelse
  • Liked: 2430
  • Likes Given: 13606
« Reply #4 on: 03/04/2018 08:03 am »

The rocket looked like it was in pristine condition when I visited their shop last night. I'm not sure all the details other than something to do with a string of weather aborts, but it looks like they ended up having to cancel the test campaign before they were able to launch that particular vehicle.

~Jon
Has anyone heard anything more about these guys?

HMX posted a patent they got for applying platelet technology to mfg turbomachinery (which looks odd to say the least) and I thought I recognized one of the awardees names.  Turns out he (Adam London) was one of PhD candidates involved in MIT's "Micro rocket" and "Micro gas turbine" projects which also seem to have sunk without trace.  :(
MCT ITS BFR SS. The worlds first Methane fueled FFSC engined CFRP SS structure A380 sized aerospaceplane tail sitter capable of Earth & Mars atmospheric flight.First flight to Mars by end of 2022 TBC. T&C apply. Trust nothing. Run your own #s "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" R. Simberg."Competitve" means cheaper ¬cheap SCramjet proposed 1956. First +ve thrust 2004. US R&D spend to date > $10Bn. #deployed designs. Zero.

Offline Kryten

• Liked: 426
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #5 on: 03/04/2018 08:34 am »
Ventions is now Astra. The presentation in Astra's lease docs strongly implies that the launch from Wallops successfully occurred.

Offline john smith 19

• Everyplaceelse
  • Liked: 2430
  • Likes Given: 13606
« Reply #6 on: 03/04/2018 09:35 am »
Ventions is now Astra. The presentation in Astra's lease docs strongly implies that the launch from Wallops successfully occurred.
Thanks.
MCT ITS BFR SS. The worlds first Methane fueled FFSC engined CFRP SS structure A380 sized aerospaceplane tail sitter capable of Earth & Mars atmospheric flight.First flight to Mars by end of 2022 TBC. T&C apply. Trust nothing. Run your own #s "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" R. Simberg."Competitve" means cheaper ¬cheap SCramjet proposed 1956. First +ve thrust 2004. US R&D spend to date > $10Bn. #deployed designs. Zero.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography