Author Topic: Goldman Sachs Report on Asteroid Mining  (Read 21949 times)

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 5408
  • Likes Given: 3565
Re: Goldman Sachs Report on Asteroid Mining
« Reply #100 on: 09/26/2017 01:16 PM »
Again, relevant, yes?
Very marginally relevant, yes.

And Paul451 has a point. Dumping giant articles on people and saying "that refutes you" isn't helpful. You have an agenda, everyone knows it... it's right in your user ID. That's fine. But don't let your agenda color how you participate here. I could have PMed this but PMs don't do much good with certain classes of user.
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline LMT

• Lake Matthew Team
    • Lake Matthew
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: 09/26/2017 04:36 PM »
Again, relevant, yes?
Very marginally relevant, yes.

And Paul451 has a point. Dumping giant articles on people and saying "that refutes you" isn't helpful. You have an agenda, everyone knows it... it's right in your user ID. That's fine. But don't let your agenda color how you participate here. I could have PMed this but PMs don't do much good with certain classes of user.

Linking one's own short conference talk, with highlighted example, is a fair way to make an uncontroversial point.  Emphasis on uncontroversial.  One shouldn't belabor such things.

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 5408
  • Likes Given: 3565
« Reply #102 on: 09/26/2017 04:57 PM »
No it isn't  Just extract the bit that makes the point, quote it, and then provide the link so people can follow up.

This is off topic. You should stop and let the mod have the last word because arguing isn't making you look good.
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline topsphere

• Liked: 66
  • Likes Given: 158
« Reply #103 on: 09/27/2017 08:32 PM »
I'm not sure in 6 pages of this thread whether the report in question has actually been posted. I've been sitting on it for a while but only just got round to reading. It's a relatively OK synthesis of trends and developments in the space industry (and good that Goldman are interested in space), although an in-depth business case of asteroid mining it is not.

See attachment below.

Cheers.

Offline savuporo

• Liked: 975
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #104 on: 10/26/2017 07:19 AM »
I've come across this before, but a nice infographic to keep around here too

http://www.businessinsider.com/periodic-table-of-endangered-elements-2015-8
Orion - the first and only manned not-too-deep-space craft

Offline Warren Platts

« Reply #105 on: 10/27/2017 12:16 AM »
Interesting that they are predicting a severe silver shortage...
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."--Leonardo Da Vinci

Tags: