Author Topic: Who should be the next NASA Administrator?  (Read 58176 times)

Offline AncientU

• Liked: 2362
  • Likes Given: 3252
Re: Who should be the next NASA Administrator?
« Reply #320 on: 05/17/2017 02:05 PM »

Haley Byrd Twitter:
I asked Jim Bridenstine when Trump is going to get around to making him NASA administrator. He hasn't heard from them in a month. \_(ツ)_/

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/864707718740942848
"If we shared everything [we are working on] people would think we are insane!"
-- SpaceX friend of mlindner

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA
  • Liked: 756
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #321 on: 05/17/2017 02:14 PM »

Haley Byrd Twitter:
I asked Jim Bridenstine when Trump is going to get around to making him NASA administrator. He hasn't heard from them in a month. \_(ツ)_/

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/864707718740942848
Perhaps Bridenstine is waiting a few weeks, you know, for the next Administration...
John Hanzl. Author, action / adventure www.johnhanzl.com

Offline butters

• Liked: 245
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #322 on: 05/17/2017 03:00 PM »
Even if Trump were really pushing for his nominations, GOP Congressional leadership seems to be reluctant to let members accept positions in the Trump administration because they are worried about the special elections in this political climate. Meanwhile, prospective appointees are concerned that taking a job in this administration will damage their careers.

Trump's Mars by 2024 (at worst!) remark is one example of how he might undercut a NASA Administrator by publicly contradicting the NASA policy and making impromptu assertions which are virtually impossible to defend with facts. The President repeatedly takes his staff by surprise, puts them in no-win situations, and then rages at them for failing to control the narrative. Not just two or three times, but over and over again on a seemingly daily basis.

Rep. Bridenstine is not my cup of tea politically speaking, but when his name popped up for this position I read up on his views on NASA policy and was pleasantly surprised. I'd be thrilled to have him running NASA rather than voting in the House. I hope that the White House can manage a scandal-free day where they can focus on moving the ball forward on appointments, and I hope that Rep. Bridenstine has the unbelievable courage to take this job if asked. I could not blame him if he ultimately decides that the House of Representatives is a less dysfunctional workplace than the alternative on offer.

Offline AncientU

• Liked: 2362
  • Likes Given: 3252
« Reply #323 on: 05/18/2017 05:28 PM »
Todays 'update:'
Bridenstine at NASA - and Pace at NSC - Expected Soon
Sources continue to report that Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) is still the Administration's preferred choice to become NASA Administrator and that they expect to nominate him in the coming weeks.

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2017/05/bridenstine-at.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nasawatch%2FAekt+%28NASA+Watch%29
"If we shared everything [we are working on] people would think we are insane!"
-- SpaceX friend of mlindner

Tags: