Author Topic: Expendable ramjets, not stages - could this work?  (Read 68706 times)

Offline DMeader

• Liked: 103
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: Expendable ramjets, not stages - could this work?
« Reply #140 on: 07/23/2012 07:07 pm »
???Where are my posts?

Where did you see them last?

Did you look in your coat pocket?

I always leave things in the car by accident.

Offline fubleduck

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Expendable ramjets, not stages - could this work?
« Reply #141 on: 07/24/2012 02:25 am »
I'm not sure how to navigate my posts. I have some ideas that mat not break any high speed records, but I'm wondering if they might improve motor less(or nearly so) low speed propulsion efficiency. One of my ideas was what you might call a ramjet within a ramjet. The internal ramjet can be displaced forward so its inlet is extended into the near-free-stream flow. This should minimize the bow wave disturbance from the external ramjet(outer body). The exhaust of the inner body can be used to augment air out the exhaust of the outer body, putting more air to work, by both heat conduction & fluid flow entrainment, blowing augmented air out the exhaust of the outer body.

I know pulsejets sometimes use their own kind of augmentors, which were claimed to give them the efficiency of a bypass turbofan. The problem is...If it only has that effeciency @ the speed of a prop driven plane, that doesn't help much. It's my impression that pulse jets have problems & higher speeds-efficiency wise., but ramjets groove w/ it

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography