Author Topic: L2 Intro Page - September 2016 onwards  (Read 106957 times)

Offline SpaceyStu

• Earth
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 33
Re: L2 Intro Page - September 2016 onwards
« Reply #20 on: 02/11/2017 01:25 pm »
Thanks! Diving in....

.... OK I'm going to need to book time off work for this!

Offline Rangertech1

« Reply #21 on: 07/04/2017 03:26 am »
My turn,
L2 is BIG! Its senior members are remarkably adept and dedicated. The community at large is really talented at gathering intel and scoops from the prime movers in space flight. This includes the international space flight community as well. I can depend on well vetted information being accurate and, if needed, simplified. L2 is polite and tolerant of, “easy,” questions. At the same time, if you want to dive into an RD-180 turbo pump, you have also come to the right place. If you are not familiar with what’s going on in spaceflight but want to know, I know of no other, “better place.”
Your account is well managed, and the customer service is personal and nearly instantaneous. I signed up for two months to give it a try. I am more than impressed with both the breadth of content and the membership. I will be switching to an annual membership shortly.
Solid Rocket boosters get a bum rap. " Fireworks," I beg your pardon Sir! Cheap thrust is still thrust.

Offline Martin 78

• Netherlands
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #22 on: 07/10/2017 07:22 pm »
My turn,
L2 is BIG! Its senior members are remarkably adept and dedicated. The community at large is really talented at gathering intel and scoops from the prime movers in space flight. This includes the international space flight community as well. I can depend on well vetted information being accurate and, if needed, simplified. L2 is polite and tolerant of, “easy,” questions. At the same time, if you want to dive into an RD-180 turbo pump, you have also come to the right place. If you are not familiar with what’s going on in spaceflight but want to know, I know of no other, “better place.”
Your account is well managed, and the customer service is personal and nearly instantaneous. I signed up for two months to give it a try. I am more than impressed with both the breadth of content and the membership. I will be switching to an annual membership shortly.

I can't agree more! :)
After about half a year on the treasure trove called L2 I have only barely scratched the surface of all the information.

And the early and in-depth information from the community and industry people is sometimes just jaw-dropping.

So if you need any excuse to support the site and make it even better, that should be it. Well, that, or NSF's excellent coverage at press conferences which are also at least in part paid from the same L2 support fee...

Offline Kansan52

• Hutchinson, KS
  • Liked: 570
  • Likes Given: 539
« Reply #23 on: 01/17/2018 11:02 pm »
I grew up during the Space Age with Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo and never learned as much about the Space industry in all the decades as what NSFC has provided in the past years. The main site is wonderful and L2 is amazing.

Plus, the people. Insights and viewpoints from around the world. The BTDTs (Been There, Done That) have enlarged my world. People like Jim have made me more thoughtful and less reactive.

I am more excited now than Sputnik, than Yuri, than the Mercury 7, the Twins, and the Moon. I feel hope for more to come past LEO and more to come with cooperation around the world.

L2 has grown my world and my hope for the world.

Thank You Chris for all the work to make this happen.

Offline RocketStudent

• Texas
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #24 on: 06/08/2018 03:19 pm »
I'd like to say how much I've loved been in L2 for the past four years and for my student L2 scholarship sponsor Martin FL getting me in while I was studying. No longer a student, but still love L2 and happy to support the site. I would like the pay it forward and sponsor a student now I have disposable income and wonder if we could do a new round?
« Last Edit: 06/08/2018 03:20 pm by RocketStudent »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #25 on: 06/09/2018 02:51 pm »
I'd like to say how much I've loved been in L2 for the past four years and for my student L2 scholarship sponsor Martin FL getting me in while I was studying. No longer a student, but still love L2 and happy to support the site. I would like the pay it forward and sponsor a student now I have disposable income and wonder if we could do a new round?

That's awesome. I have been meaning to do a new round and I can't believe it's been that long since the last, so I'll get on it and see if it's viable. After all, it's relying on people's generosity again and that's something one can never take for granted.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline AndyH

• Fill your pockets with sunflower seeds
  • St Pete, FL SV Jane Ann
  • Liked: 373
  • Likes Given: 3409
« Reply #26 on: 05/05/2019 10:23 pm »
If you think the public areas of this forum are amazing, you owe it to yourself to give L2 a try.  Even if you're just a fan of one program or company, there's more than enough value in a subscription.  There is so much information that Chris has to employ an entire special team of highly-skilled server hamsters to keep things flowing smoothly.  If you don't do it for the amazing information, do it for the hamsters.  Otherwise...well, idle hands and all that...

A hamster mind is a terrible thing to waste.   ;D

Offline Tony Trout

• Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #27 on: 06/28/2020 04:17 pm »
I couldn't agree more with what everyone else has said, especially about the L2 "Lifetime" membership!  If it hadn't been for that, there's no way I could have joined!! 

I love everything about it EXCEPT for this one little thing......there needs to be a link for "New Posts Since Last Visit" because it's so difficult for me to keep up with the newer posts to the forum. 

Do you think that's something you could think about adding to the forum, Chris?? 

Thanks,
Tony Trout
"The Image Is One Thing & The Human Being Another...It's Very Hard To Live Up To An Image, I'll Put It That Way."  (Elvis Presley During A Press Conference Before The First Of Four Sold Out Performances At New York's Madison Square Garden - June 9 - 11, 1972)

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8582
  • Likes Given: 7675
« Reply #28 on: 06/29/2020 02:50 am »
I couldn't agree more with what everyone else has said, especially about the L2 "Lifetime" membership!  If it hadn't been for that, there's no way I could have joined!! 

I love everything about it EXCEPT for this one little thing......there needs to be a link for "New Posts Since Last Visit" because it's so difficult for me to keep up with the newer posts to the forum. 

Do you think that's something you could think about adding to the forum, Chris?? 

Thanks,
Tony Trout

To do that have you tried the "Unread Topics" button.  You create a bookmaker with this address:  https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=unread;start=0
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline OldBillWheaton

• Pasadena CA, USA
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: 07/02/2020 12:51 pm »
Chris,

As I said, I am old.

:)   What is a "PM" ? 

Some kind of message to you, obviously, but I do not know how to send it.  Maybe this will do ?

Cheers,  Bill Wheaton

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #30 on: 07/02/2020 01:17 pm »
I'll message you Bill :) - look in here very shortly:

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=pm
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline horuken

« Reply #31 on: 08/03/2020 11:05 pm »
Yo, I just paid for a year subscription (been watching Mary feeds for months and live feeds so felt I had to contribute) and haven't gotten access to L2. Please help. Thanks

Offline horuken

« Reply #32 on: 08/03/2020 11:12 pm »
This is @tonylast2 btw

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #33 on: 08/03/2020 11:28 pm »
All good, check your PMs (red messages at the top of the screen). You're in. Many thanks!

Offline whatever11235

• Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #34 on: 10/27/2020 06:25 pm »
Hi. Not sure where to post this question. Looking to get L2, and reading trough instructions and can't really figure out how will you connect my payment with my NSF account (how do you know from payment information what account made it)? Thnx.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #35 on: 10/27/2020 08:36 pm »
Hi. Not sure where to post this question. Looking to get L2, and reading trough instructions and can't really figure out how will you connect my payment with my NSF account (how do you know from payment information what account made it)? Thnx.

This is the process! :)

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=41197.0

Offline whatever11235

« Reply #36 on: 10/27/2020 10:07 pm »

Yes, I read that but I do not understand where in there are instructions to sign transaction with something like "This is whatever11235 payment to NSF L2"? I do not use paypal at all so plase bear with me.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #37 on: 10/27/2020 10:08 pm »

Yes, I read that but I do not understand where in there are instructions to sign transaction with something like "This is whatever11235 payment to NSF L2"? I do not use paypal at all so plase bear with me.

You make the payment, then send me a message here on the forum via private message (PM - top bar of the menu), saying "Hey, made a payment for X months of L2 with the e-mail address....." and then I check our account and see it and then upgrade you.
« Last Edit: 10/27/2020 10:10 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline whatever11235

« Reply #38 on: 10/27/2020 10:27 pm »

You make the payment, then send me a message here on the forum via private message (PM - top bar of the menu), saying "Hey, made a payment for X months of L2 with the e-mail address....." and then I check our account and see it and then upgrade you.

Thanx, I understand. Well, new problem, no option to pay with debit or credit card (tried changing country, didn't help)

I really do not want to create paypal account. Is there anything I'm missing here? Is there any other payment option?

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #39 on: 10/28/2020 12:02 am »
This is what it shows. Perhaps your country doesn't allow it?

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography