Author Topic: FAILURE: CBERS-3 Long March-4B launch, Taiyuan - December 9, 2013 (0326UTC)  (Read 93059 times)

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1968
  • Likes Given: 1156
Any status reports from the launch site?  ;)

Nothing new, apart from the permanent fear that this satellite will eventually fail soon after the launch. This is what the majority of the news we can find at the moment is talking about.

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 955
  • Likes Given: 368
It will be 200th Chinese orbital launch if we count KZ launch in March 2012 as orbital launch attempt: FB-1 - 8, CZ-1 - 2, CZ-2 - 4, CZ-2C - 37, CZ-2E - 7, CZ-2D - 20, CZ-2F - 11, CZ-3 - 13, CZ-3A - 23, CZ-3B - 25, CZ-3C - 10, CZ-4A - 2, CZ-4B - 19, CZ-4C - 13, KT-1 - 3, KZ - 2.

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
The satellite after the Satellite Readiness Review completed on November 27th.

Offline Galactic Penguin SST

Found a Brazilian website that reports that the satellite was installed onto the launch vehicle adapter on November 25. Launch still scheduled on December 9: http://www.jornalbrasil.com.br/?pg=desc-noticias&id=114424&nome=Prosseguem%20os%20preparativos%20para%20lan%E7amento%20do%20CBERS-3
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
CBERS-3 was transported to the launch pad on November 26. It took nearly one hour to cover the 10 km distance between the processing building and the launch pad.

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
Integration of CBERS-3 with the launch vehicle...

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
It will be 200th Chinese orbital launch if we count KZ launch in March 2012 as orbital launch attempt: FB-1 - 8, CZ-1 - 2, CZ-2 - 4, CZ-2C - 37, CZ-2E - 7, CZ-2D - 20, CZ-2F - 11, CZ-3 - 13, CZ-3A - 23, CZ-3B - 25, CZ-3C - 10, CZ-4A - 2, CZ-4B - 19, CZ-4C - 13, KT-1 - 3, KZ - 2

Nobody is interested in statistics? Even in China? Okay... ::)

It will be 200th Chinese orbital launch if we count KZ launch in March 2012 as orbital launch attempt: FB-1 - 8, CZ-1 - 2, CZ-2 - 4, CZ-2C - 37, CZ-2E - 7, CZ-2D - 20, CZ-2F - 11, CZ-3 - 13, CZ-3A - 23, CZ-3B - 25, CZ-3C - 10, CZ-4A - 2, CZ-4B - 19, CZ-4C - 13, KT-1 - 3, KZ - 2

Probably because some of the launches in the list are not well known even to those interested in orbital launch records (e.g. only some of them have the 3rd KT-1 launch on record, never mind the probable KZ launch attempt last year!). I bet there will be much more interest in the 200th launch of a rocket named "Long March" some time late next year or early 2015....
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline anik

• Global Moderator

Probably because some of the launches in the list are not well known even to those interested in orbital launch records (e.g. only some of them have the 3rd KT-1 launch on record, never mind the probable KZ launch attempt last year!). I bet there will be much more interest in the 200th launch of a rocket named "Long March" some time late next year or early 2015....

In principle I am not surprised for a long time to bad relation to space statistics, especially after Russia missed the 3000th orbital launch in 2009. But I simply thought that there are more kindly relation to space statistics in China. Probably, I was mistaken... It should be noted that only USA very scrupulously counts launches (at least, U.S. statistics about orbital launches can be found on many sites). Okay, nevermind...
« Last Edit: 12/06/2013 03:34 pm by anik »

In principle I am not surprised for a long time to bad relation to space statistics, especially after Russia missed the 3000th orbital launch in 2009. But I simply thought that there are more kindly relation to space statistics in China. Probably, I was mistaken... It should be noted that only USA very scrupulously counts launches (at least, U.S. statistics about orbital launches can be found on many sites). Okay, nevermind...

Well they do sometimes...remember the official line of XX continuous launch successes in Xinhua press releases between late 1996 and 2009? Also CALT did celebrate their 100th launch in late 2010 with several internal events (Long March 3A with Compass-IGSO 2, Dec. 17, 2010)...

Online Satori

• Global Moderator

In my site, every post about an orbital launch has the specific statistics associated.

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
In my site, every post about an orbital launch has the specific statistics associated

Yes, Rui, but unfortunately you are not official representative of space agency!  ;)

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
Everything is ready for the launch of the CBERS-3 satellite from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center.

Any signs of a live broadcast from Brazilian sources? (I guess not?)

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
Any signs of a live broadcast from Brazilian sources? (I guess not?)

I'll try to check about that, but until the moment i haven't seen any indication of a broadcast.

Offline jcm

• Jonathan McDowell
  • Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
    • Jonathan's Space Report
  • Liked: 1290
  • Likes Given: 775

Not well known, and as far as I know  for both those you mention, not confirmed to be real. (I welcome suitable evidence on this point)
And for an official Chinese statement, they would have to implicitly acknowledge these launches.
-----------------------------

Jonathan McDowell
http://planet4589.org

Offline input~2

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1540
  • Likes Given: 567

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
Launch should have occurred by now. Waiting for news from the launch site...

Spacecraft should have separated by now.

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
INPE confirms successful launch of CBERS-3!

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography