Author Topic: A database of observation satellites  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3974
  • Likes Given: 220
A database of observation satellites
« on: 11/27/2017 09:48 pm »
I struggled to know where to post this but as it’s by one of our own forum members I thought it worth drawing attention to. I apologise if its author has already posted it here and I’ve missed it in my search.

The resource can be found on the link below.

https://satelliteobservation.wordpress.com/2017/11/26/a-database-of-observation-satellites/

Offline gosnold

• Liked: 243
  • Likes Given: 2116
Re: A database of observation satellites
« Reply #1 on: 11/28/2017 05:45 pm »
Thank you Star One! I did not post it here yet, I agree it's not easy to find a category for it. It's not fully commercial since government launches are included, and probably not historical enough for the history section, so this section is a good idea. I hope it will be useful for people interested in earth observation.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #2 on: 11/28/2017 07:36 pm »
Thank you Star One! I did not post it here yet, I agree it's not easy to find a category for it. It's not fully commercial since government launches are included, and probably not historical enough for the history section, so this section is a good idea. I hope it will be useful for people interested in earth observation.

I found it interesting so thanks for doing it. Would it be rude to ask you how long it took to compile?

Offline gosnold

• Liked: 243
  • Likes Given: 2116
« Reply #3 on: 11/28/2017 07:44 pm »
Around a weekend of browsing gunter's space page and eoportal for the initial revision, now it's just a matter of adding data for new launches.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #4 on: 11/28/2017 08:09 pm »
Around a weekend of browsing gunter's space page and eoportal for the initial revision, now it's just a matter of adding data for new launches.

I had an image in my mind of you slaving away for months on it.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography