Author Topic: Boeing to Consolidate Defense & Space Sites, Cutting 500 Jobs  (Read 2218 times)

Offline imprezive

• CA
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 0
Seems relevant to the interests here. Looks like Huntington Beach will be slowly taken apart and moved to other sites.

Boeing will shift nearly 2,500 jobs out of its Huntington Beach facility by 2020, the company announced Tuesday, carving in half the number of employees at the aerospace campus.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/beach-735508-jobs-company.html
« Last Edit: 11/16/2016 10:51 AM by Chris Bergin »

Online Herb Schaltegger

Huh. My old stomping grounds of Boeing Huntsville will gain 400 jobs. So good for them and the other sites, but bad for Huntinting Beach.
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline russianhalo117

• AR USA / Berlin, DE / Moscow, RF
  • Liked: 655
  • Likes Given: 416
Huh. My old stomping grounds of Boeing Huntsville will gain 400 jobs. So good for them and the other sites, but bad for Huntinting Beach.
I'm hearing that the above consolidation through 2020 is just phase I of a multiphase plan and that the board could authorize the start of phase II as early as 2021.

Online Herb Schaltegger

I'm hearing that the above consolidation through 2020 is just phase I of a multiphase plan and that the board could authorize the start of phase II as early as 2021.

Not at all surprised. There's nothing corporate boards like more than "consolidation," "reorganizations" and corporate "belt-tightening." Yet profits continue to rise and the company post a negative federal tax bill every year. Hmmm ...
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline edkyle99

• Expert
    • Space Launch Report
  • Liked: 3366
  • Likes Given: 560
Huntington Beach has been a shell of it's former glory for awhile.  Big empty parking lots, with some parts already leased away to other companies.  I'm actually surprised that Seal Beach keeps on trucking in this plan.

- Ed Kyle
« Last Edit: 11/19/2016 10:04 PM by edkyle99 »

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 700
  • Likes Given: 728

know what your talking about Herb.  I've been in memory lane with a few plants around the country.

Never had the opportunity to enjoy Alabama it might be worth a visit to see the sights.

2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~ by Thomas Alva Edison

Offline russianhalo117

• AR USA / Berlin, DE / Moscow, RF
  • Liked: 655
  • Likes Given: 416
Huntington Beach has been a shell of it's former glory for awhile.  Big empty parking lots, with some parts already leased away to other companies.  I'm actually surprised that Seal Beach keeps on trucking in this plan.

- Ed Kyle
Reminds me of the British Parliamentary "Ghost" Train Services that railway operators must operate one train a day even though it needs to be closed but doing so would be to costly and time consuming with the hurdles that the operators would have to jump over.

Tags: