Author Topic: LIVE: GSLV MkIII-D1 - SLP - GSAT-19 - June 5, 2017 (11:58 UTC)  (Read 142921 times)

Offline vyoma

• India
  • Liked: 850
  • Likes Given: 127
LEAD ARTICLE - By William Graham:
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2017/06/glsv-mark-iii-rocket-launch-gsat-19-satellite/

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/science/science/230716/isro-to-undertake-the-heaviest-launch-in-december.html

Chennai: Isro to undertake the heaviest launch in December with GSLV Mk-III rocket which will carry 3.2-tonne GSAT-19E communication satellite from Sathish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.

While speaking at the golden jubilee celebrations of Madras Institute of Technology Alumni Association in Chennai on Friday Isro Chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar said the GSLV Mk-III rocket’s flight hardware is getting assembled for the launch.
« Last Edit: 06/05/2017 11:25 am by Chris Bergin »

Offline vyoma

• India
Re: LVM3-D1 - GSAT-19E - NET December, 2016
« Reply #1 on: 07/23/2016 02:50 am »
GSAT-19E
· Payload for the first developmental flight of GSLV MK-III
· Experimental satellite to act as test bed for several new technologies like unified modular bus, deployable thermal radiators, electrical propulsion, indigenous Li-Ion batteries and C-band TWTAs, optical payload, etc.

GSAT-19
GSAT-19 is planned as the payload for the first developmental flight of the indigenous GSLV-Mk III-D1 Launcher. The satellite is planned to carry Ka and Ku band payload along with a Geostationary Radiation Spectrometer (GRASP) payload to monitor and study the nature of the charged particles and influence of space radiation on spacecraft and electronic components.

GSAT-19 satellite will employ advanced spacecraft technologies including bus subsystem experiments in Electrical propulsion System, indigenous Li ion battery, indigenous Bus bars for power distribution, etc.

Offline vyoma

• India
« Reply #2 on: 08/16/2016 06:54 pm »
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/science/science/160816/new-gslv-launch-in-september.html

In addition to this, the first test flight of GSLV Mk-III, the giant among India’s rockets, using active cryogenic stage is expected in December.

Offline vineethgk

• India
  • Liked: 187
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #3 on: 08/17/2016 01:51 pm »
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/science/science/160816/new-gslv-launch-in-september.html

In addition to this, the first test flight of GSLV Mk-III, the giant among India’s rockets, using active cryogenic stage is expected in December.
The target is still December even now when we are only a few months away. Good going!

Offline worldtimedate

• Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #4 on: 08/30/2016 07:45 pm »
Now this report of timesofindia is saying that the first development test of LVM3 will happen by next year.

Simultaneously, an advanced cryogenic engine double the capacity with higher thrust is planned for the GSLV-Mk III launch by next year, Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC) scientists said.

Source :
Preparations on for launch of GSLV Mark II

--- [ --- ]

Offline vyoma

• India
« Reply #5 on: 09/01/2016 10:34 pm »
http://www.isro.gov.in/gslv-mk-iii-d1-gsat-19

GSLV-Mk III-D1 / GSAT-19

GSAT-19 is planned as the payload for the first developmental flight of the indigenous GSLV-Mk III-D1 Launcher. The satellite is planned to carry Ka and Ku band payload along with a Geostationary Radiation Spectrometer (GRASP) payload to monitor and study the nature of the charged particles and influence of space radiation on spacecraft and electronic components. GSAT-19 satellite will employ advanced spacecraft technologies including bus subsystem experiments in Electrical propulsion System, indigenous Li ion battery, indigenous Bus bars for power distribution, etc.

The satellite is scheduled to be launched during Fourth Quarter of 2016 by GSLV-Mk III-D1 Launcher from SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota.

Offline seshagirib

• terra firma
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #6 on: 09/04/2016 06:59 am »

The target is still December even now when we are only a few months away. Good going!

There is no news on stage testing for the Cryogenic stage (engine testing is done). If the stage testing is still pending, the target date of Dec16, looks unrealistic to me.
astronaut on space ship earth

Offline vineethgk

• India
« Reply #7 on: 09/04/2016 04:39 pm »

There is no news on stage testing for the Cryogenic stage (engine testing is done). If the stage testing is still pending, the target date of Dec16, looks unrealistic to me.
Agree. The launch could very well slip to early next year. But back in 2012 when they had LVM3-D1 marked for a 2017 launch in their reports, I was sceptical and expected it to be delayed further by years. That they have been able to stick to their schedule comes as a pleasant surprise to me. It might owe a lot to the confidence that success of CUS and LVM3-X has given them.

Offline worldtimedate

• Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #8 on: 09/04/2016 08:37 pm »

Agree. The launch could very well slip to early next year. But back in 2012 when they had LVM3-D1 marked for a 2017 launch in their reports, I was sceptical and expected it to be delayed further by years. That they have been able to stick to their schedule comes as a pleasant surprise to me. It might owe a lot to the confidence that success of CUS and LVM3-X has given them.

According to the following report, CE20 cryogenic stage testing seems to have started, even though it unambiguouslay didn't refer to the stage testing.

Stating that GSLV Mk-III cryogenic engine testing had already started, Rakesh said, "We are planning to complete engine readiness in about two months time."

Source :
ISRO Planning Record 68 Satellites' Launch in 2017

--- [ --- ]

Offline input~2

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1540
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #9 on: 09/08/2016 02:50 pm »
Quote from:  VSSC director
The target launch date was December 2016 but there could be slight delay as large number of tests have to be carried out.
http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/isro-puts-one-more-rocket-into-global-satellite-launch-market-116090801192_1.html
« Last Edit: 09/08/2016 02:51 pm by input~2 »

Online zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7394
  • Likes Given: 72424
« Reply #10 on: 09/26/2016 03:07 pm »
From the SCATSat-1 launch thread, post launch speeches:
[ISRO] Chairman says GSLV Mk III assembly has started.
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline tappa

• Liked: 29
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #11 on: 09/27/2016 09:27 am »
I got a chance to visit SDSC last week & the feedback I got during the visit was that it is unlikely that the launch will happen this year. Might get pushed to early 2017.

Offline vineethgk

• India
« Reply #12 on: 09/27/2016 09:37 am »
I got a chance to visit SDSC last week & the feedback I got during the visit was that it is unlikely that the launch will happen this year. Might get pushed to early 2017.
Great! Were you able to visit any of the launch pads?

I too feel that ISRO is just keeping December as an optimistic target. Its a development flight anyways, and there might be a lot of tests that they need to do.

Btw, did you hear any updates about the status of C-25 stage testing for LVM3?

Offline tappa

• Liked: 29
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #13 on: 09/28/2016 12:05 pm »
Yes, I got visit both the launch pads, but since PSLV launch was scheduled we could not go close to FLP. However, I got to see the SLP closely it was very exciting :)

No update on the C-25 though sorry.

Offline vineethgk

• India
« Reply #14 on: 09/28/2016 12:19 pm »
Yes, I got visit both the launch pads, but since PSLV launch was scheduled we could not go close to FLP. However, I got to see the SLP closely it was very exciting :)

No update on the C-25 though sorry.
Wish to see them myself one day.. Thanks!

Offline tehwkd

« Reply #15 on: 09/28/2016 01:09 pm »
Somanath: planning for GSLV Mark III launch in early 2017, as well as increasing GSLV and PSLV launch rates. #IAC2016

https://twitter.com/jeff_foust/status/780483391045021697
Custodian of NextLaunch & LaunchStuff |   Utilizer of Google

Offline vineethgk

• India
« Reply #16 on: 10/08/2016 02:12 am »
ISRO gears up for launch of 3.3-tonne payload
The target is to put into orbit GSAT-19E, an indigenous communication satellite that will weigh about 3.3 tonnes, the heaviest payload to be launched from the Indian spaceport.
However, it will be just a few notches lighter than GSAT-18 (3.5 tonnes) that was sent into space by the European Space Agency from French Guiana on Thursday.
“The satellite assembly and launching process of the GSLV Mk-III are in advanced stages. We are confident that SDSC will make yet another mark among the space-faring nations,” said SDSC Deputy Director M. Badarinarayana Murthy.

« Reply #17 on: 10/08/2016 04:20 am »
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/sifl-develops-forgings-for-isros-gslvmk-3/article9195473.ece

Alpha Titanium Alloy is one of the difficult to forge materials due to its high flow stress coupled with tendency of cracking. With modified processing parameters and design innovation, the problem was eliminated. Due to this effort, direct pay load gain advantage is achieved. Thus more Transponders can be loaded in satellite,” said P.K. Mansoor, Senior Manager, Steel and Industrial Forgings Limited (SIFL).

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/science/isro-gears-up-for-critical-crew-rescue-test/article9194536.ece

The ISRO, he said, planned to achieve this capability in a couple of years. The stage test of semi-cryogenic engine for the GSLV-Mark III would be flight-tested in December.

Offline vineethgk

• India
« Reply #18 on: 10/08/2016 05:29 am »

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/science/isro-gears-up-for-critical-crew-rescue-test/article9194536.ece

The ISRO, he said, planned to achieve this capability in a couple of years. The stage test of semi-cryogenic engine for the GSLV-Mark III would be flight-tested in December.

I guess he meant the CE-20, not SCE-200.

Offline vyoma

• India
« Reply #19 on: 10/09/2016 01:12 am »
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Visakhapatnam/isro-bracing-to-deploy-rover-on-lunar-surface/article9203827.ece

LMV3, a full-fledged vehicle will be launched in the first half of 2017. Mr. Rao said the heavy launch capability launcher would enable ISRO’s self-reliance in launching of satellites. It will send four tonne class geosynchronous satellites into the orbit.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography