Robotic servicing is first small step to large scale space industry.
1) service, refuel using earth supplied parts/fuel.
2) in orbit Assembly, eg attach solar panels and antenna dish.
3) in orbit manufacturing (3d print)of simple structures. eg booms for payloads, large antenna dishes.
4) satellites start switching to H2O as fuel as now readily available in orbit, earth supplied.
5) Mining companies now have market in GEO for water and 3D printer feed stock.
6) GEO transport system, using space tugs. Enables satellites to become simpler as LV/ tugs deliver direct to GEO.
7) Large GEO platforms appear hosting multiple payloads. Traditional satellite companies only need to provide payload.
with raw materials and manufacturing available larger structures become possible. Telescopes, space solar power satellites.
9) large scale manufacturing requires humans onsite resulting in space stations. These can be partially construction from materials sourced in space.
It is space solar power that will drive manufacturing on massive scale. 10s of Terawatt stations are needed to meet earth energy demands.