Author Topic: Chinese Modular Space Station - circa 2020  (Read 68715 times)

Online Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 237
  • Likes Given: 560
Re: Chinese Modular Space Station - circa 2020
« Reply #160 on: 04/29/2017 08:39 AM »
Re my earlier postings about the launch schedule for the Tiangong Complex and supporting spacecraft, I have now realised that the entry for "巡天号光学舱" is a hyperlink (I can't always tell which are hyperlinks because of my sight problems) and that takes you to a page dedicated to Xuntian.   So there are clearly two entries for this satellite.   The "空间站巡天光学舱(XT)" entry is not a hyperlink.

I am attaching a diagram of Xuntian - are there any Chinese speakers who would be kind enough to translate the captions, please?

Have there been any hints of other free-flying modules that will be associated with the Tiangong Complex and will occasionally dock for servicing operations?
« Last Edit: 04/29/2017 08:41 AM by Phillip Clark »

Online Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 237
  • Likes Given: 560
« Reply #161 on: 04/30/2017 08:49 AM »
It has just struck me ......... most of the animations showing the dockings of Wentian and Mengtian with Tianhe 1 do not have a Shenzhou docked with the latter.   So will the station be unmanned when the modules are launched and docked or is it simply "artistic licence"?

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 2472
  • Likes Given: 355
« Reply #162 on: 04/30/2017 09:05 AM »
It has just struck me ......... most of the animations showing the dockings of Wentian and Mengtian with Tianhe 1 do not have a Shenzhou docked with the latter.   So will the station be unmanned when the modules are launched and docked or is it simply "artistic licence"?

As China has demonstrated automated docking without crew, this could be the plan for the Modular Space Station as well. This also avoids any risk to the crew in case anything goes wrong during docking.
« Last Edit: 04/30/2017 09:05 AM by Steven Pietrobon »
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Tags: