Author Topic: STS-135: Personal Photos (Pre-launch to post-landing) Thread  (Read 164870 times)

Online jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 8560
  • Likes Given: 320
Just like for the STS-134 mission:
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=25083.0

Setting up a thread specific to personal photos surrounding STS-135.

Feel free to attach selected photos you've taken (providing they aren't massive file sizes), embed (again, only selective, no more than TWO per post and not "wider" than the page size) or link up to your personal album.

Jacques :-)

Offline ELinder

• Cleveland, OH
    • Erich Linder Photography
  • Liked: 94
  • Likes Given: 36
Yesterday I was able to take the Discover KSC: Today and Tomorrow tour. I've done a number of different tours there in the past, and I'd have to say this one was just OK, except for one thing. This was my first time at the photo stop location between the pads. That alone was worth the price of the ticket.

larger version of the image here: http://gallery.mac.com/erichlinder/100359/STS-135_on_pad-20001/large.jpg

Erich

Offline MarekCyzio

« Last Edit: 06/27/2011 02:37 am by Ronsmytheiii »

Offline Captain Kirk

• Ad Astra
  • Harrisburg, PA
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Yesterday I was able to take the Discover KSC: Today and Tomorrow tour. I've done a number of different tours there in the past, and I'd have to say this one was just OK, except for one thing. This was my first time at the photo stop location between the pads. That alone was worth the price of the ticket.

larger version of the image here: http://gallery.mac.com/erichlinder/100359/STS-135_on_pad-20001/large.jpg

Nice photo!  I haven't taken that particular tour, but did take the other one [think its something like Inside Nasa, or similar]. Got great photos of Discovery on the pad [well, her boosters and tank as the RSS was covering her up].  Unforgettable and loads of fun! 

Edit:  put the end quote where it belongs!
« Last Edit: 06/15/2011 03:30 pm by Captain Kirk »
"Well, as you can see, we have another problem."
 - James T. Kirk, Captain, USS Enterprise

Offline mdeep

• NSF Photographer
  • Tampa Bay
  • Liked: 1138
  • Likes Given: 6
Full album link: http://www.mikedeep.com/Space-Shuttle/STS-135/
I'll be tossing everything in there as events come and go.

Rollout:

On the pad June 1:
« Last Edit: 06/27/2011 02:35 am by Ronsmytheiii »

Offline Eksath

• Liked: 1
my two.

« Last Edit: 06/27/2011 02:34 am by Ronsmytheiii »

Offline SkierDude

• Liked: 0
Show-Offs!  ;D

I'll be at NASA the 7th, 8th, and part of the 9th. Any recommended tours? I know they aren't going out on the 8th. So that leaves the 7th and 9th. As for the 7th, which tour might get me to see the pad?

Thanks.

Offline stuart_wildcat

• Space Junkie
  • Davenport, FL
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 2
Show-Offs!  ;D

I'll be at NASA the 7th, 8th, and part of the 9th. Any recommended tours? I know they aren't going out on the 8th. So that leaves the 7th and 9th. As for the 7th, which tour might get me to see the pad?

Thanks.

Dot take this as official but with launch relatively early on the 8th there may not be many tours going out on the 7th that could see the pad.  The 7th is also going to be crazy busy.

You might ask in the viewing thread when tours might stop the day before based on the launch time.  I don't remember the schedule for how long before launch they stop because of other launch activities.

Offline MadameConcorde

• The sky is my home
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 5
my two

you are so lucky - though i am not sure if you are conscious of how lucky you are
For once you have tasted Concorde you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde

Offline SomaFM

• Likes Given: 2
Here's a timelapse I made of the rollover, which I apparently titled wrong on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/v/iRdOr0M7ebE?version=3

And my favorite shot:

Offline yorky10

• West Yorkshire, UK
Will they still be doing stops there on Thursday. I would have thought not but can anyone confirm?

Erich

Launches - STS-115, STS-117, STS-123, STS-125, STS-132, STS-135, WGS3, Kepler, MSL
Endeavour Flyout From SLF
Scrubs - STS-122, STS-133

Offline mdeep

• NSF Photographer
  • Tampa Bay
  • Liked: 1138
  • Likes Given: 6
What's the rule on total attachments per page? Would like to post imagery from the June 17 media event, I can edit my existing post if need be.

Offline Carl G

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 260
  • Likes Given: 140
What's the rule on total attachments per page? Would like to post imagery from the June 17 media event, I can edit my existing post if need be.

Two per post, but that doesn't mean 50 posts of 100 photos, just pick out good ones ;)

Offline ELinder

• Cleveland, OH
    • Erich Linder Photography
  • Liked: 94
  • Likes Given: 36
I'm not sure, but if you go here http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/discover-nasa.aspx you can call to ask and try to buy a ticket online. They'll probably sell out, so do it soon.

Erich

Will they still be doing stops there on Thursday. I would have thought not but can anyone confirm?

Erich

Offline kimmern123

• Veteran
  • Norway
  • Likes Given: 1
Here“s a couple of pictures from today“s visit to the press site. Unfortunately didn“t get to attend the RSS rollback, but at least got signed up for the walkout tomorrow.

Offline Thorny

• Regular
  • San Angelo, Texas
  • Liked: 300
  • Likes Given: 457
The clouds broke enough for me to see the launch for about one minute from Rockledge, on the Indian River about 20 miles southwest of the pad.

Large numbers of people were out on the riverbank and on the docks.

Offline K466

• Central Florida
    • I post my NASA pictures here- plus other stuff
Here's the links to my images, already posted them elsewhere:

Crowds on Max Brewer Bridge Before Launch
NASA Heli (With Charles Boldin- I'm guessing?)
Liftoff 1
Liftoff 2
Liftoff 3 (Best shot?)
Crowds after launch

mdeep, I love you shots!!! Yours too SomaFM.
""There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil, to one who is striking at the root."" ~Henry David Thoreau

Offline Walter S

• WV/FL
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 3
Here are three shots from my remote cameras. Had hoped to set up in four locations but had to pull one of the cameras last night as the battery went dead. Enjoy!

Offline Chris Bergin

Great thread already and oh my - nicely done Walter!
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Oystein

• Launches: STS-125,127,129-133,135
    • My launch pictures
  • Likes Given: 11
Here are two shots from my camera at the NASA causeway.

More shots and shots from previous missions at:
http://twitpic.com/events/oyssko

--
Oystein
Spacecraft retirement homes I've visited:
[x] Space shuttle Enterprise @ Dulles
[x] Space shuttle Enterprise @ Intrepid
[x] Space shuttle Discovery @ Dulles
[x] Space shuttle Atlantis @ KSC
[x] Space shuttle Endeavour @ LA
[x] All Apollo capsules
[x] All Gemini capsules