Author Topic: Shuttle CRM  (Read 450 times)

Offline JAFO

• Liked: 204
  • Likes Given: 160
Shuttle CRM
« on: 01/12/2018 08:47 PM »
I'm not starting this thread to make anyone look bad, but as a  profession pilot I'm always looking to learn, and curious how others types of flying/companies handle a multi-person environment. Over the years I've read bits and pieces about how CRM (Cockpit/Crew Resource Management) worked in the Shuttle program, both good and bad, but don't remember any specific posts.

I don't want names/missions, but is anyone here that was involved in the program interested in giving examples of good situations that contributed to the success of a mission, or bad situations that the program had to confront, overcome, and learn from? (I always like to play the STS-93 video for people as a perfect example of CRM at it's finest.)

PMs are fine if you do not feel comfortable posting in public, all replies will be kept confidential.

If anyone thinks I am trying to cause problems, etc, please note that Shuttle CRM is the subject of an entire chapter in this book  Link

Thanks
« Last Edit: 01/12/2018 09:19 PM by JAFO »
Anyone can do the job when things are going right. In this business we play for keeps.
Ernest K. Gann

Tags: