Author Topic: SpaceX Falcon Heavy Discussion (Thread 6)  (Read 116285 times)

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 1692
  • Likes Given: 1170
Re: SpaceX Falcon Heavy Discussion (Thread 6)
« Reply #380 on: 01/08/2018 05:13 PM »
Are they targeting tomorrow then? Don't see a reason they will leave it there unless they are gonna do another WDR first.

Another WDR?  They haven't done one yet on this vehicle.  Chris B. said above that they may be targeting Wednesday.

Online TrueBlueWitt

• Space Nut
  • Mars in my lifetime!
  • DeWitt, MI
  • Liked: 63
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #381 on: 01/08/2018 05:13 PM »
Are they targeting tomorrow then? Don't see a reason they will leave it there unless they are gonna do another WDR first.

Did they do a WDR before? Thought it was just fit checks?

Offline FutureMartian97

« Reply #382 on: 01/08/2018 05:17 PM »

Did they do a WDR before? Thought it was just fit checks?

My mistake. Thought the fit check was a WDR.

Online envy887

• Liked: 1377
  • Likes Given: 917
« Reply #383 on: 01/08/2018 07:56 PM »
So the falcon heavy has been pushed back to late January said by Elon musk so whenís the static fire? This week?

Yes, this week. Possibly Wednesday...SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

But they'll fire up when they are good and ready. 27 engines. This is not going to be your usual firing.

Let them get on the pad and ready to prop load. Then we'll know. Dates on this one have been moving around. If I get a good "going for it now" note, it'll be posted here (well the update thread) :)

And I want to see SWARMS of people taking their Facebook live and such to various viewing spots to stream this big girl firing up to the masses. So that makes it doubly important that the SECOND we get a good "going for it" date/time, it'll be posted HERE (well, the update thread ;)) and tweeted out and sent to all reaches of the planet via Pony Express, smoke signals and carrier pigeons.  ;D

I heard the Heavy is back on the pad again. But no confirmation if itís a static fire so we wait.

Yes, the update thread shows they are heading back to the pad and this is for the Static Fire test.

The update thread doesn't show that last bit. If this is official/reliable, can you update the update thread?

Offline deruch

• California
  • Liked: 1290
  • Likes Given: 1917
« Reply #384 on: 01/08/2018 09:22 PM »
This thread is for general discussion of the vehicle.  There is an Update and a Discussion thread in the SpaceX Missions section for discussing particular activities in preparation for the Demo mission specifically.  Much better to not spread any discussion of events over multiple threads in different sections. 

UPDATES:  http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=44376.0 

DISCUSSION: http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=42705.0
Shouldn't reality posts be in "Advanced concepts"?  --Nomadd

Tags: