Author Topic: Hello Mars VR  (Read 836 times)

Offline Blizzzard

• United Kingdom
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 207
Hello Mars VR
« on: 01/04/2017 05:05 PM »
I hope this is relevant enough to keep in here and apologies if it's already been covered somewhere...

All of this work is absolutely amazing and highly skilled on the modelling front! I can't help thinking that it would be incredible to take some of these models past rendered images and provide some form of VR / 3D content for these visions for SpaceX' future...

I've recently acquired a Google Daydream (a less expensive VR platform than say, the HTC Vive). One of my highlights includes a very cool Mars experience. There's an app called Hello Mars, where you essentially sit over Mars surface, follow a fictional-mars spaceship and experience a cool VR perspective on it. Things get a bit more animated and involved from there in orbit and you eventually land on Mars surface.

After the experience, I just thought how much better it would be if it was ITS and models from L2 in place of what they had there.

Anyway, just a fleeting thought from me - would there ever be interest in a means with which to provide a basic alternative, to experience some of these amazing SpaceX models you've all made but in a 3D VR environment?

Online dglow

• Liked: 644
  • Likes Given: 1569
Re: Hello Mars VR
« Reply #1 on: 01/04/2017 05:36 PM »
YES. And I would think SpaceX and/or Elon might be willing to fund such an effort. Great PR for them.

Tags: