Author Topic: Current NSF Forum Feedback Thread 2  (Read 169168 times)

Offline david1971

• Liked: 136
  • Likes Given: 16536
Re: Current NSF Forum Feedback Thread 2
« Reply #20 on: 01/05/2018 06:58 pm »
Has the time delay between forum post likes been dropped?  I seem to be able to like at will.

Speaking of things I like, I find the back-to-top button to be very useful, and would be sad to see it go.
I flew on SOFIA four times.

Offline WulfTheSaxon

• #geekpolitics on DALnet
  • Liked: 29
  • Likes Given: 1033
« Reply #21 on: 01/06/2018 12:32 am »
Has the time delay between forum post likes been dropped?  I seem to be able to like at will.

Speaking of things I like, I find the back-to-top button to be very useful, and would be sad to see it go.

I’m honestly curious here. Why not press the home key, or the top menu on a mobile device?

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4548
  • Likes Given: 13523
« Reply #22 on: 01/06/2018 01:18 am »
Lookee here... NSF with Firefox Dark addon 8)
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Offline Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3603
  • Likes Given: 327
« Reply #23 on: 01/06/2018 01:36 am »
The other forum I follow that uses this forum software has this link prominant on the top, and it's my most-used feature.  Not having something similar here makes it MUCH harder for me to follow discussions in which I'm participating.

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 1700
  • Likes Given: 6867
« Reply #24 on: 01/07/2018 08:50 pm »

In the 1st post of this thread, Chris mentions it has been reduced to 2 seconds.
Paul

Online Jimmy_C

• Liked: 200
  • Likes Given: 6589
« Reply #25 on: 01/20/2018 02:20 am »
I had problems logging in with Microsoft Edge on iOS with the mobile site. I got an error message indicating my session expired. Workaround that worked for me: switch to full site, login, and then switch to mobile site.

Offline Bananas_on_Mars

• Liked: 448
  • Likes Given: 251
« Reply #26 on: 01/26/2018 04:56 pm »
Currently I don't get the "mobile" view when visiting the forums from my phone using Firefox 58.0 on Android 7.0.

With Chrome on the same phone everything is fine.

Regards, Max

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #27 on: 01/30/2018 02:44 am »
Lookee here... NSF with Firefox Dark addon 8)

We need to get on with that. Will remind Mark when I tell him to buy in as many Server Hamsters he can find at the pet shop for the Falcon Heavy launch.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #28 on: 02/01/2018 07:38 pm »
Mark's been installing more server hamster tricks into the forum to help us (try to) survive Falcon Heavy. Let us know if you see anything off-nominal since a few hours ago. I've done a check, and all now seems to be good, but I might have missed something.
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline mn

• United States
  • Liked: 865
  • Likes Given: 332
« Reply #29 on: 02/01/2018 07:50 pm »
Currently I don't get the "mobile" view when visiting the forums from my phone using Firefox 58.0 on Android 7.0.

With Chrome on the same phone everything is fine.

Regards, Max

There is a link to the mobile site at the very bottom of the page, try that.

Offline Stan Black

• Liked: 377
  • Likes Given: 228
« Reply #30 on: 02/01/2018 08:10 pm »
For some reason all colours are black in Safari?

red
white
grey

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #31 on: 02/02/2018 08:06 am »
To add to the list, because it's unlikely those with the issue will be able to post it, but....

Session Verification Error. Obviously most people don't have this as the forum is active, but some overnight e-mails to me note it. Letting you know I've passed it on to Mark and I'll report back when fixed or advice on how to solve locally is forthcoming.
« Last Edit: 02/02/2018 08:06 am by Chris Bergin »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #32 on: 02/02/2018 08:28 am »
This issue has now been resolved by Mark :)

To all: A firm fix may result in everyone logged in being logged out in the next hour (a lot of people stay logged in all the time, so don't worry, this is on purpose). Any issues when you can't login, thus can't post an issue here, always e-mail me [email protected]

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81286
  • Likes Given: 36776
« Reply #33 on: 02/02/2018 10:07 am »
For some reason all colours are black in Safari?

red
white
grey

Happening on Firefox on my PC too. Give away is when editting a post the colour drop-down pick list no longer appears with all the other text formatting icons. So it appears that colour is switched-off/disabled?

Online Galactic Penguin SST

« Reply #34 on: 02/02/2018 10:29 am »
Relaying another bug found for the words coloring on this forum....

The color codes are not working for me. Anyone else with the same problem?
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8575
  • Likes Given: 7674
« Reply #35 on: 02/02/2018 11:30 am »

To all: A firm fix may result in everyone logged in being logged out in the next hour (a lot of people stay logged in all the time, so don't worry, this is on purpose). Any issues when you can't login, thus can't post an issue here, always e-mail me [email protected]

Will I got up at 4:25 PST and I'm getting the "Session Verification Error" each time I hit the 'Unread Topics" link.  I'll clear my cache and ss if that fixes it.  I'm also not able to check the "Stay On indefinitely" checkbox or erase the number of minutes to "stay login" box either.

Update:
I cleaned cashed, but no improvement.  After logging in again, each and every time I press the "Unread Topics" button I get thrown back to the login page.  As a workaround, I then use the back page key to return to the topic I was reading and then scroll up to the top and press the "Forums" button to avoid the login page and use the "Unread Post" button at the end of each Thread Section instead.  I can then continue onward so long as I avoid hitting the "Unread Topics" button.  \

Kinda painful right now.

Update at 4:58 a.m. PST
The "Unread Topics" button appears to be working now.  I tried it several times to be sure.  Don't know what occurred between my last update to make this work again, but as is well.
« Last Edit: 02/02/2018 12:02 pm by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #36 on: 02/02/2018 12:41 pm »

Update at 4:58 a.m. PST
The "Unread Topics" button appears to be working now.  I tried it several times to be sure.  Don't know what occurred between my last update to make this work again, but as is well.

That's the main thing! :)

Will ask about the color thing others mentioned.
« Last Edit: 02/02/2018 12:42 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
« Reply #37 on: 02/02/2018 01:13 pm »

Yep, this  happened to me... of course didn't see the notice here till after I logged in again. :) All seems well now, feel free to delete this post :)
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #38 on: 02/02/2018 01:48 pm »
OK, neither myself and Mark understand what you all mean.

What is missing? Not sure what this drop down box is about....but if someone can explain better than "all the colors are black", then Mark can go after it :)

Offline gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13845
  • Likes Given: 5915
« Reply #39 on: 02/02/2018 01:50 pm »
On the SpaceX manifest the past flights are colored to indicate success or failure.  They're all showing as the same color right now.  The forum isn't displaying the color codes.

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=43418.msg1702572#msg1702572

edit: This should show several different colors
Colors: Successful / Unsuccessful / Mars!!!! / Footnotes
« Last Edit: 02/02/2018 01:52 pm by gongora »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography