Author Topic: How to communicate in space instanly...entagled.  (Read 4742 times)

Offline meberbs

• Liked: 823
  • Likes Given: 245
Re: How to communicate in space instanly...entagled.
« Reply #20 on: 05/16/2017 06:46 AM »
One last chance: Have you even tried to consider how that second image could be explained without using advanced waves?

If you are posting in good faith and understand that you are claiming to have invented time travel, so it is all probably systematic error (you previously have agreed with this), then you should at least be suggesting possible sources of systematic error. If you can't think of any suggestions, even questionable ones, you either don't have enough background to analyze your experiment results, or you are just refusing to seriously consider the fact that you almost certainly have not invented a way to send messages to the past.

Offline meberbs

• Liked: 823
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #21 on: 05/16/2017 03:41 PM »
Yes of course. I know of two causes for this, but it does not mean there are no other causes for which I do not know.
I know that a long coax cable run can cause pre-echo ghosting, so I used a very short cable (about 12 cm long). I also tested this without a cable, just with a piece of short wire directly connected to the antenna input.
Also, the ghost  can be on the left of the main picture when the direct path is partially blocked and attenuated, so that the signal coming from the reflection of an object is stronger. But in that case, the reflection should be even more visible in the first image. The only difference between these two images is the length of the receiving antenna.
Thank you for replying with this information. You seem to not be thinking of how the smaller your receiving antenna, the weaker the primary signal will be. This in turn means that the effects such as the cable itself acting as a poor antenna picking up the signal will be more pronounced. A short wire lacks the shielding of a cable so even if it is shorter, it will still act as a significant antenna.

I also introduced the third antenna in the line, a half-wave dipole, while the receiving antenna is a λ/24 monopole. When the half-wave dipole antenna is not connected to a load, there are no visible changes in the image. When the half-wave dipole antenna is connected to a load (e.g. VHF handheld radio), the ghost image on the left completely disappears. This looks rather weird to me, and I really do not know how to explain this without advanced waves. Again, this does not mean that such an explanation does not exist.
I'll leave out my guesses at what classical phenomena could be causing that, because you haven't explained how it would happen with advanced waves. I see the general assumptions you are making, but you have no theoretical foundation. You have previously cited obsolete theories, and seem to miss some of the implications of the symmetry that originally motivated the idea. Without actual theory behind what you are doing, it is unclear what you should actually expect as results. Try figuring how much amplitude each signal should have under the advanced wave hypothesis, also other information such as the expected delay, (If you are going to do the TV experiment, figure out what distance corresponds to what delay). I think you would find that it doesn't match your experimental results, which would then save you the trouble of finding the systematic error.

Seeing that an analog TV signal gets noisy when you use a poor antenna will never be good evidence of time travel.

Offline ChrisWilson68

• Sunnyvale, CA
  • Liked: 2013
  • Likes Given: 2336
« Reply #22 on: 06/10/2017 06:40 AM »
Because in relativity, two events which are simultaneous in one reference frame are not guaranteed to be simultaneous in another reference frame.  It is possible to have one reference frame in which two events are simultaneous, and a second reference frame in which those same two events are not simultaneous, and therefore information passing from one point instantly to another in the first will be traveling backwards in time in the second.

So, what you are saying is, as an example, a world, deep within a high gravity well, where time has been slowed down, receiving a transmission from between two other locations, whose time reference frame, may be in a simultaneous synchronicity, may receive those same batches of information out of sequence, or even backwards?  That could be a possibility, but so long as the initial transmission or sequence did not start in a reference time prior to that of the ACTUAL transmission, relative to the receiving planet, again, I see no actual paradox issues.

No.

No gravity wells are needed.  For *any* two points, anywhere in space, "simultaneous" depends on the frame of reference of the observer.  If two events are simultaneous at these two points from the point of view of one observer, they will not be simultaneous from the point of view of a different observer moving relative to the first observer, unless that movement happens to be perpendicular to the line between the two points.

Further, any faster-than-light communication, for any two points, as seen by one observer, is communication backward in time from the point of view of some other observer.

Offline Eric Hedman

• Liked: 169
  • Likes Given: 148

Offline ChrisWilson68

• Sunnyvale, CA
  • Liked: 2013
  • Likes Given: 2336
« Reply #24 on: 06/19/2017 11:01 AM »
The reason people are doing experiments with using quantum entanglement over distances for communication is for security.  You can tell if your communication has been intercepted that way.  It is not because the communication is faster-than-light, because it is not.

Tags: