Author Topic: Photocatalytic systems and a possible connection to the hydrino  (Read 1010 times)

Offline bmcgaffey20

• PNW
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 3
SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photocatalytic_water_splitting#Cd1-xZnxS

I was reading about electrolysis, when I stumbled on this on wiki. This part of it specifically is what I am interested in.

Method of evaluation[edit]
Photocatalysts must conform to several key principles in order to be considered effective at water splitting. A key principle is that H
2 and O
2 evolution should occur in a stoichiometric 2:1 ratio; significant deviation could be due to a flaw in the experimental setup and/or a side reaction, both of which do not indicate a reliable photocatalyst for water splitting. The prime measure of photocatalyst effectiveness is quantum yield (QY), which is:

QY (%) = (Photochemical reaction rate) / (Photon absorption rate) × 100%[3]
This quantity is a reliable determination of how effective a photocatalyst is; however, it can be misleading due to varying experimental conditions. To assist in comparison, the rate of gas evolution can also be used; this method is more problematic on its own because it is not normalized, but it can be useful for a rough comparison and is consistently reported in the literature. Overall, the best photocatalyst has a high quantum yield and gives a high rate of gas evolution.

The other important factor for a photocatalyst is the range of light absorbed; though UV-based photocatalysts will perform better per photon than visible light-based photocatalysts due to the higher photon energy, far more visible light reaches the Earth's surface than UV light. Thus, a less efficient photocatalyst that absorbs visible light may ultimately be more useful than a more efficient photocatalyst absorbing solely light with smaller wavelengths.

So my question is, if this system is more efficient at producing hydrogen with UV light as a catalyst, is it at all plausible that Randell Mills is onto something when he claims hes producing 1MW of UV light with a cup of water?  Does anyone else see the connection im trying to make here?

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography