Author Topic: The (nothing to do with NSF but I use) Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 152999 times)

Offline A12

• ROME, ITALY
  • Liked: 69
  • Likes Given: 487
Has anyone else had the issue of repeated threads?

When I go into the unread threads section I often get the same threads appear twice.

Same happens here.
Moreover, in Forum submenu, often I have several areas in bold, but clicking on them, I cannot see any new message. Refreshing with the proper button doesn't cure the problem.

Offline MP99

Has anyone else had the issue of repeated threads?

When I go into the unread threads section I often get the same threads appear twice.

I reported this upthread.

It's not an issue with the forum software apparently,  so needs fixing in the Tt client.

Cheers, Martin

Offline pippin

• Regular
  • Liked: 312
  • Likes Given: 45
It happens if you load another page full of threads and a new one has sprung to the top. Tapatalk doesn't re-load the first page and if the last threads on he first page have moved to the second page in the meantime, they appear twice.

Offline MP99

It happens if you load another page full of threads and a new one has sprung to the top. Tapatalk doesn't re-load the first page and if the last threads on he first page have moved to the second page in the meantime, they appear twice.

In my case, I was seeing two repeats of the same thread right next to each other, partway down the list of topics. This was not with Tt v4.

I'm using Tt v4 on my new tablet, and can't say I've noticed this issue on that. (BTW, lots of people not happy with that version, so upgrade at your peril. Google it first.)

cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

Quick query re quoted text in Tt.

Tt has stopped highlighting quotes for me, so nothing differentiates that from the following response. Is anyone else seeing this?

Quotes still format as expected on other fora, eg XDA Developers.

I suspect the issue is in identifying quotes rather than quote formatting, since the "copy post" function now also copies the original quote, and it didn't do that previously. (That has it's own benefits, but I'll not go there).

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3968
  • Likes Given: 220

Tt has stopped highlighting quotes for me, so nothing differentiates that from the following response. Is anyone else seeing this?

I suspect the issue is in identifying quotes rather than quote formatting, since the "copy post" function now also copies the original quote, and it didn't do that previously. (That has it's own benefits, but I'll not go there).

Cheers, Martin

Noticed the same & can confirm it only appears to happen on this forum.

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6533
  • Likes Given: 157

Cheers, Martin

I happen to be active on the other forum (xda) they run other forum software, only suggestion I can make is to contact the tt devs, its for them to address these issues....

ps we do run the latest release of the plugin (3.9.2)
« Last Edit: 02/13/2014 03:38 pm by Jester »

Offline Star One

• UK

Cheers, Martin

I happen to be active on the other forum (xda) they run other forum software, only suggestion I can make is to contact the tt devs, its for them to address these issues....

ps we do run the latest release of the plugin (3.9.2)

Is it my or did this only arise with the last Tapatalk update?

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 2539
  • Likes Given: 8267
I'm using Tapatalk and in many cases quotes are broken. The oute most opening quote is replaced with a "dummyquote" word.

Offline MP99

Tapatalk (on Android) has just released a new version that has absolutely destroyed its functionality. It's just absolutely shocking.

This has been my go-to way to come to NSF up to now. Some frustrations, but generally a great experience on a tablet. Then, *poof* - gone.

Ugh.

Martin

PS for anyone who hasn't yet received the update on their Android, you can turn off auto Updates in the Play Store. Tap the three bars, My Apps, select Tapatalk, tap the three dots, and un-tick the auto-update option.

Offline mfck

• Office Plankton Representative
  • Israel
  • Liked: 254
  • Likes Given: 222
Tapatalk (on Android) has just released a new version that has absolutely destroyed its functionality. It's just absolutely shocking.

This has been my go-to way to come to NSF up to now. Some frustrations, but generally a great experience on a tablet. Then, *poof* - gone.

Ugh.

Martin

PS for anyone who hasn't yet received the update on their Android, you can turn off auto Updates in the Play Store. Tap the three bars, My Apps, select Tapatalk, tap the three dots, and un-tick the auto-update option.
I concur. The "enhancement" of the Home screen in TT is devastating. 60% of the screen space is wasted, the dimming of read threads is gone and "Show unread only" option locks the scroll. What were they thinking?

Offline MP99

I'm having a little play with this today:-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ape.apps.forumfiend

My feedback, and how to contact the developer:-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2733755&page=7

It's not quite a daily driver replacement as yet, but might not take a lot of further enhancement to get there.

I haven't tried posting yet, but apparently it offers BBcode support, where Tapatalk doesn't.

cheers, Martin

Offline TrevorMonty

Mine has just been DOWNgraded to new version.

Offline MP99

:-(

In theory, it's possible to "sideload" one of the older versions.

Not really recommended (need to turn off a security feature on the device, plus download software from an unofficial location), but I may end up doing that anyway myself.

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
Luckily on iOS it's far more usable than on Android. Wish they would stop playing around with it for no good reason on Android.

Offline TrevorMonty

Is there an alternative App?

Offline MP99

Is there an alternative App?

See post #51, but if you try it make sure to update the settings to stop it adding its sig on the bottom of anything you post.

It's a new app, and I don't think it's quite ready for prime-time yet - crashes a little too often for comfort, and missing some features I personally need in a daily driver. But it's promising.

cheers, Martin

Offline wholmeswa

• Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 143
They just updated the iOS version with what sounds like the same interface changes that hit the Android users up thread.

No more "just show subscribed threads with unread messages" capability. (Or at least I can't find it.) I am back on the web interface and filtering out all the noise using my Mark II eyeball.

Offline MP99

They just updated the iOS version with what sounds like the same interface changes that hit the Android users up thread.

No more "just show subscribed threads with unread messages" capability. (Or at least I can't find it.) I am back on the web interface and filtering out all the noise using my Mark II eyeball.

IIRC, the Android version lets you select the Subscribed view, then toggle All or Unread via a menu option. However, this view only shows the top few few threads unless "all" is selected (it only allows scrolling under "all").

Make sure to put up a negative review on the App Store.

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK

I can confirm the apps on both OS types are identical.

Tags: Space galaxy astronomy 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography