Author Topic: The (nothing to do with NSF but I use) Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 153001 times)

Offline MP99

Not much I can do about that, I suggest you raise a ticket with TT as on the forum its fine.
sorry.
https://support.tapatalk.com/

Or if you really know what you are doing ie you are a software dev., fix the issue an do a pull request here
https://github.com/tapatalk/tapatalk-smf2

Thanks. I downloaded the ZIP from github. Can't imagine why they didn't write it in COBOL  :o, but given they didn't...

I think my re-training needs to go quite a bit further before I can contribute to that. Consider it in the long-term to-do list.

cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 09/14/2013 06:37 pm by MP99 »

Offline pechisbeque

• Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 3
Thanks for starting this thread!
I decided to install the Tapatalk app for the iPad since I saw it is supported for NSF.

Maybe somebody can help with something:
Until now I had email notifications for the topics of my choosing. Tapatalk recognizes this subscriptions and notifies me over the Notification Center in iOS as well.
With this app the emails kind of become obsolete since you get the notifications on iOS.

Does anybody know how to get notifications on the topics only on Tapatalk and not also over email?

Offline MP99

Thanks for starting this thread!
I decided to install the Tapatalk app for the iPad since I saw it is supported for NSF.

Maybe somebody can help with something:
Until now I had email notifications for the topics of my choosing. Tapatalk recognizes this subscriptions and notifies me over the Notification Center in iOS as well.
With this app the emails kind of become obsolete since you get the notifications on iOS.

Does anybody know how to get notifications on the topics only on Tapatalk and not also over email?

Go to Profile / Modify Profile / Notifications.

Go to "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of:". Change this to "Nothing at all" or "Moderation only if I started the topic". (There's an argument, now that we have Tapatalk, that maybe there should be an option for "only moderation".)

(BTW, I'm assuming this won't stop Tapatalk notifications.)

cheers, Martin

Offline pechisbeque

• Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 3
Go to Profile / Modify Profile / Notifications.

Go to "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of:". Change this to "Nothing at all" or "Moderation only if I started the topic". (There's an argument, now that we have Tapatalk, that maybe there should be an option for "only moderation".)

(BTW, I'm assuming this won't stop Tapatalk notifications.)

cheers, Martin
Thanks! It worked perfectly. I'm happy to confirm your assumption.
« Last Edit: 09/15/2013 12:06 pm by pechisbeque »

Offline Chris Bergin

So I installed tapatalk. Had no idea what to expect.

It's really not for me. Maybe because it's a Windows Phone, but it was really slow, fiddly and crashes a lot. Might explain why it has 2 out of 5 stars on the ratings, with people posting a similar experience to my own.

Much easier to fire up the phone's browser and do things that way.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline MP99

It's really not for me. Maybe because it's a Windows Phone, but it was really slow, fiddly and crashes a lot. Might explain why it has 2 out of 5 stars on the ratings, with people posting a similar experience to my own.

Opposite of my experience with Android - faster, much easier to read, and completely stable.. Yeah - could be the Windows app doing that.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Chris Bergin

Yep, googling says the same. When I've saved up the pennies I'll be getting a better phone, so will re-try then.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Lars_J

• California
  • Liked: 677
  • Likes Given: 195
There's an interesting issue with attachments through the iOS tapatalk client. I will attach a screenshot taken of this post (in progress).

When viewing this post in a regular browser, there is no image preview.

Since iPhone screenshots are in PNG format, I will also attach a JPG from the phone camera.

EDIT: Yep, as I expected, neither the JPG nor the PNG created a preview, although the download links work. I'm not sure if this is a Tapatalk generic issue, or the iOS client (v2.0.3), or something with this forum.

EDIT 2: It looks like at some point in the process, the PNG was converted to a JPG. (not necessarily a problem but interesting)
« Last Edit: 09/25/2013 05:11 pm by Lars_J »

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6533
  • Likes Given: 157
Looks like the forum classes attachments via this client as potentially unsafe.

There is a SMF feature that Re-encode potentially dangerous image attachments.

There's an interesting issue with attachments through the iOS tapatalk client. I will attach a screenshot taken of this post (in progress).

When viewing this post in a regular browser, there is no image preview.

Since iPhone screenshots are in PNG format, I will also attach a JPG from the phone camera.

EDIT: Yep, as I expected, neither the JPG nor the PNG created a preview, although the download links work. I'm not sure if this is a Tapatalk generic issue, or the iOS client (v2.0.3), or something with this forum.

EDIT 2: It looks like at some point in the process, the PNG was converted to a JPG. (not necessarily a problem but interesting)

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3968
  • Likes Given: 220

I had a Nokia 920 briefly & believe me I am afraid to see that Tapatalk on WP is completely unrepresentative of how it is on iOS & Android. The WP version still seems more like a Beta build than anything.

Offline rdale

• Assistant to the Chief Meteorologist
  • Lansing MI
  • Liked: 1414
  • Likes Given: 171
I noticed that my timestamps when accessing through Tapatalk were good but here were off. Appears you reset time to UTC? In any case, I reset that here and they are now good here, but way off in Tapatalk.

Also am not getting alerts in TT either anymore.

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
Nothing changed on this end that I know of..... maybe the tapatalk site was doing maintenance ? not sure

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
Plugin updated, release notes below:

SMF 2.0 RC5/Final - Version 3.9.0

Update note:

add mobile welcome screen
    add moderation function back
    add tapatalk image link
    add poll browser view for poll thread
    add link on image back on Tapatalk
    fix tapatalk key warning problem
    fix a push bug
    remove in-app registration problem
    optimize plugin installation to avoid errors

Offline MP99

It looks like Tapatalk misinterprets double- quote followed by capital D as a smiley.

I believe the web version requires the smiley to be surrounded by spaces to avoid triggering false positives.

Is that something that might be fixable? Not a biggy once you know what's going on.

Edit: actually it looks like there are other combos which cause the same issue, but they do seem to include that capital D.

Cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 12/05/2013 06:32 pm by MP99 »

Offline A_M_Swallow

• Elite Veteran
  • South coast of England
  • Liked: 500
  • Likes Given: 223
8) I am not cool about 8 ) being a smiley   8)
« Last Edit: 12/08/2013 04:49 pm by A_M_Swallow »

Offline MP99

Just a quick note re an issue I'm having with the EVA-25 thread via Tapatalk 4.3.4 on Galaxy Note 8 tablet.

All images appear as broken. See attached screenshot.

However, if I navigate to the EVA-24 thread, images appear fine. See second screenshot.

I'm wondering if there might be something different in the way the two threads were setup, which is causing them to be seen differently via Tapatalk?

cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

Just a quick note re an issue I'm having with the EVA-25 thread via Tapatalk 4.3.4 on Galaxy Note 8 tablet.

All images appear as broken. See attached screenshot.

However, if I navigate to the EVA-24 thread, images appear fine. See second screenshot.

I'm wondering if there might be something different in the way the two threads were setup, which is causing them to be seen differently via Tapatalk?

cheers, Martin

I eventually reinstalled Tt to get image display back again.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Ford Mustang

• Live Coverage Editor
  • Global Moderator
  • Virginia
    • Astro95Media
  • Liked: 375
  • Likes Given: 36
I did notice in the EVA-25 thread, the post by Galactic Penguin, his images were .PNG and not .JPG, but the other two posts directly below were .JPG and still didn't show up.  That's really the only difference I can see in the two threads, I'm sure they were both set up the same, however.  Glad you got it working again.

Offline MP99

I did notice in the EVA-25 thread, the post by Galactic Penguin, his images were .PNG and not .JPG, but the other two posts directly below were .JPG and still didn't show up.  That's really the only difference I can see in the two threads, I'm sure they were both set up the same, however.  Glad you got it working again.

I got to the stage where most threads were not showing me images.

I re-installed, then went back to a previously no-image thread, and did get images.

Not sure if it's related, but if I clicked on a web link in a post, it would take me to a tapatalk redirect address, but just stick there without redirecting to the correct target address.

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3968
  • Likes Given: 220
Has anyone else had the issue of repeated threads?

When I go into the unread threads section I often get the same threads appear twice.

Tags: Space galaxy astronomy 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography