Author Topic: The (nothing to do with NSF but I use) Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 153003 times)

Offline wholmeswa

• Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 143
Another vote for leaving Tapatalk support on this forum. I use it every day to track just the forums I have an interest in.

Offline Chris Bergin

A problem is that Tapatalk keeps re-activating that setting automatically from time to time and it scraps it from what you see yourself so usually you don't even notice you posted this. Plus, you then need to EDIT the post to remove it.

Ha! Wow, that's so poor of them.

Anyone had any success in talking with that company? I don't want this place covered in "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk". I've even noticed one person PMing me, had that as a link at the bottom of his message and that showed me all the places he was using tapatalk, which I doubt he opted into it (based on some of the places linked ;D)

Won't be getting rid of it until we have a good alternative, but yeah, people using need to edit it out of their posts or find a way to remove it via settings each time they force it on again. People complaining to me think NSF is adding it to posts.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline RemoveBeforeFlight

• Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 49
I'm having an issue with images loading. I have checked settings etc and they should be loading. Anyone else been having this issue?

Edit: Removed sig
« Last Edit: 02/03/2017 11:53 am by RemoveBeforeFlight »

Offline Chris Bergin

By the way, I'm just having a moan. Nothing will be "removed" unless we have something better. For the meantime, I just want people using this to get rid of that silly message. That will ease the complaints I have to deal with per people seeing it.

For the interim, imagine me as Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man reviewing K-Mart.

"Tapatalk sucks". ;D

**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline pippin

• Regular
  • Liked: 312
  • Likes Given: 45
Well, I agree Tapatalk kind of sucks in many things but it's still quite convenient if you can browse outside Safari since at least on iOS it lets you open temporary web views for images and all.

Even goes so far that I once considered writing an own app based on their plugin (they can't claim it's their interface because it's you hosting it not them).
If I just found a supplier for those 48h days....

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3968
  • Likes Given: 220
It's easy to remove the signature they usually only reactivate it on major updates so providing you keep that in mind you can usually successfully keep the option turned off.

Offline nukie19

• Liked: 990
  • Likes Given: 44
I'm having an issue with images loading. I have checked settings etc and they should be loading. Anyone else been having this issue?

Edit: Removed sig

I've had the same problem with pictures as well.  I thought maybe it was just the larger ones, but even regular pictures don't seem to display properly.

Offline x15_fan

• United States
  • Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 433
Has anyone else had the following error in TT when trying to access L2 content for the last few days?

Offline Chris Bergin

Has anyone else had the following error in TT when trying to access L2 content for the last few days?

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=44520.msg1781110#msg1781110

Tapatalk.....

Offline starsilk

• Denver
  • Liked: 268
  • Likes Given: 115
just a minor niggle with the site's tapatalk support - it seems to use the old logo for the site thumbnail. I tried unsubscribing/resubscribing but it stays the same...

Offline CyndyC

Is there a way to like a post in Tapatalk?
"Either lead, follow, or get out of the way." -- quote of debatable origin tweeted by Ted Turner and previously seen on his desk

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA
  • Liked: 8095
  • Likes Given: 943
I don't think directly. You need to right click on the post, select web view (make sure you're signed on in the web view), and like it from there. One thing I also do is from the web view scroll all the way to the bottom and set it to desktop formatting instead of mobile. Mobile web view is really annoying to work with (IMO). Once you set it to the desktop version it pretty much stays defaulted to that view from then on.
John Hanzl. Author, action / adventure www.johnhanzl.com

Offline CyndyC

I don't think directly. You need to right click on the post, select web view (make sure you're signed on in the web view), and like it from there. One thing I also do is from the web view scroll all the way to the bottom and set it to desktop formatting instead of mobile. Mobile web view is really annoying to work with (IMO). Once you set it to the desktop version it pretty much stays defaulted to that view from then on.

Good to know I couldn't find "Like" because it's not there. If by "right click" using Tapatalk on a phone you meant the mini-options button at the top right of each post, I don't have a web view option there, but at the bottom right of the whole page is a "Full site" button which took me to web view. I like the larger view of posts on Tapatalk, but I consider liking posts to be a significant part of the spirit of the threads, so will stay with web view. Thx Hinbos! :)
"Either lead, follow, or get out of the way." -- quote of debatable origin tweeted by Ted Turner and previously seen on his desk

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA

LOL - that's what I get for posting from my desktop.

What I was meaning to saw (at least from an iOS device) is, from the post you want to like, tap the screen to bring up a context menu. Should say something to the effect of, Quote | Share | Report | More

Click More and two more options slide up from thee bottom, Multi-Quote (hate it!) and Web View.

That Web View will bring with to the thread, scrolled to the post. From there you can like the post. Just hit the Done in the upper left of the screen to return to Tapatalk.

I'm going to like your post right now...

Good to know I couldn't find "Like" because it's not there. If by "right click" using Tapatalk on a phone you meant the mini-options button at the top right of each post, I don't have a web view option there, but at the bottom right of the whole page is a "Full site" button which took me to web view. I like the larger view of posts on Tapatalk, but I consider liking posts to be a significant part of the spirit of the threads, so will stay with web view. Thx Hinbos! :)

Offline yokem55

• Oregon (Ore-uh-gun dammit)
  • Liked: 468
  • Likes Given: 13
Attached images don't seem to be loading in Tapatalk on Android.

Is it just me, or is anyone else having this?

Offline Andy Smith

• Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 3

I'm having the same problem with Tapatalk on an iPad

Offline Star One

• UK

I'm having the same problem with Tapatalk on an iPad

The same now on my iPhone.

Offline Star One

• UK
This issue is getting ridiculous as something like the SES-12 update thread made no sense as all the images were broken.

I don’t know about other forum members but I have reported it to the app developers.
« Last Edit: 06/04/2018 11:20 am by Star One »

Offline tyrred

• Seattle
  • Liked: 749
  • Likes Given: 20558
Odd. Nothing changed on my Winphone 😁

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA
Touch wood, but everything’s copacetic with my iPhone.

Tags: Space galaxy astronomy 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography