Author Topic: New Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 52413 times)

Offline MP99

New Tapatalk Feedback Thread
« on: 09/10/2013 07:30 AM »
I thought it might be a good idea to have a separate thread for discussion of the Tapatalk app, so...

1) If I'm browsing a thread and select Menu / Web View, I get taken to page 1 of the thread, not the page that equates to the page I'm browsing on Tapatalk. (Guess it would need to go to whichever page has the first post on-screen in TT).

2) Some sites have a "hey did you know you can browse this via Tapatalk" message if you go to the website on a mobile device. Nice-to-have for the long-term list, maybe.

3) You can select the text of a post by long-clicking in TT, but it only copies the poster's text, not any quotes that provide the context (say one of Jim's "Yes" or "No" answers). Assume this is just a feature of TT itself, but if there's an option to make the quoted text also get copied into the clipboard...

4) Ignore list doesn't work.  ;) (I'm guessing it never will!? Probably not supported in the underlying app!?)

cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 09/10/2013 07:32 AM by MP99 »

Offline Lars_J

• California
  • Liked: 664
  • Likes Given: 195
Re: New Tapatalk Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: 09/10/2013 07:31 AM »
Perhaps you should add "Tapatalk" to the thread title? Because right now, it seems like a duplicate thread.

Offline MP99

« Reply #2 on: 09/10/2013 07:32 AM »
Perhaps you should add "Tapatalk" to the thread title? Because right now, it seems like a duplicate thread.

Yup, you got me.  :D

Done.

cheers, Martin

Offline rdale

• Assistant to the Chief Meteorologist
  • Lansing MI
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #3 on: 09/10/2013 11:45 AM »

Done.

cheers, Martin

Using Tap I selected your post and hit the button in the upper right. Seems to have pulled in all quotes just fine?

Offline MP99

« Reply #4 on: 09/10/2013 12:12 PM »

Done.

cheers, Martin

Using Tap I selected your post and hit the button in the upper right. Seems to have pulled in all quotes just fine?

I don't seem to have a button upper right, but do have a toolbar that pops up in middle of screen after I tap.

I tap in your post, select ...more, "copy post content", paste into Evernote, and the text starts "Using Tap...".

I'm on Android. You?

Cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 09/10/2013 12:14 PM by MP99 »

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #5 on: 09/10/2013 02:00 PM »
- My timestamps are all off by 8 hours when using Tapatalk, but are correct when I access via the web.  I have deleted/installed the app, updated NSF profile and removed/added the NSF forum multiple times, but no go.

It is my understanding that at least one other Tapatalk user on NSF is not seeing this problem, so I reported it on the Tapatalk support forums. Have yet to hear back. I see this problem with the iOS 2.0.2 Community version on two iDevices using my profile name. See https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/incorrect-time-displayed.20295/

- Unable to attach pictures to messages. Get message "Image Upload / Your forum has disabled image sharing from this app." Is that related to the forum rule about pictures not being loaded inline? If so, is there a way to attach pictures that  supports the NSF guidelines?

Wayne

Offline mtakala24

« Reply #6 on: 09/10/2013 02:39 PM »
On the subject of tapatalk, any recommendations on which client to use on android? Preferably free.

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #7 on: 09/10/2013 04:08 PM »
I haven't heard back from Tapatalk, so want to get some additional info on my timestamp issue..

- Can another Tapatalk user verify that the correct timestamps are shown when "Unread" is selected?
- What version of Taptalk are you using? (I am especially interested if anyone using Tapatalk Community 2.0.2 for iOS is having the problem.)

Based on feedback, I will update the thread over on the Tapatalk support forum and see if I can get someone to take notice.

Thanks!

Wayne

Offline MP99

« Reply #8 on: 09/10/2013 05:07 PM »
Times are good for me.

My profile (website) is configured as +1. Server was recently re-configured fro US time to GMT - make sure your website profile has the correct time offset since server time change. (BTW, I find I need to manually correct this each time DST comes / goes, but that's not a big hassle. Will see what happens come "fall back" on the new platform.)

cheers, Martin

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #9 on: 09/10/2013 05:12 PM »
Times are good for me.

My profile (website) is configured as +1. Server was recently re-configured fro US time to GMT - make sure your website profile has the correct time offset since server time change. (BTW, I find I need to manually correct this each time DST comes / goes, but that's not a big hassle. Will see what happens come "fall back" on the new platform.)

cheers, Martin

Martin: Thanks for the info. I have tried what you suggested, but no go. What client are you running?

Wayne

Offline MP99

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #11 on: 09/11/2013 02:01 PM »
Android, using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity.

cheers, Martin

Martin: Thank-you. I have passed the information on to Tapatalk support.

Wayne

Offline Stephan

• Veteran
  • Paris
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: 09/11/2013 04:29 PM »
I'm not very familiar with tapatalk, which free client do you recommend ?
« Last Edit: 09/11/2013 06:18 PM by Stephan »
Best regards, Stephan

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #13 on: 09/11/2013 06:24 PM »
I'm not very familiar with tapatalk, which free client do you recommend ?

I am using this iOS client on an iPad and iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-community-reader/id307880732

As reported up thread, I have an issue with timestamps that looks to be a problem with how the forum plugin interacts with that client. Hopefully will know more as soon as Tapatalk support gets back to me in the next day or so.

Wayne

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
  • Liked: 2695
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #14 on: 09/12/2013 10:45 AM »
For the timezone issue reported on the support thread, I've just updated the package to 3.8.1
The fixes don't list any timezone issues but addresses other issues that I wanted to have installed here.

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #15 on: 09/12/2013 01:53 PM »
For the timezone issue reported on the support thread, I've just updated the package to 3.8.1
The fixes don't list any timezone issues but addresses other issues that I wanted to have installed here.

My problem persists. I have updated the support thread on the Tapatalk forum to let them know I am seeing the issue with the 3.8.1 plugin.

Many thanks for your help. The support people at Tapatalk also been very helpful, so with any luck this will be quickly resolved.

Wayne

(Edited for horrible grammar. I blame it on posting before my morning coffee kicked in.  ;) )
« Last Edit: 09/13/2013 05:14 PM by wholmeswa »

Offline MP99

« Reply #16 on: 09/14/2013 08:56 AM »
Minor Tapatalk bug...

Go to Forums section, then select a forum, press menu. I get options for:-
Refresh
Search
Mark Forum as Read
Subscribe

Issue is that it always says "Subscribe", even for threads that I am already subscribed to (as confirmed on website). [Also, none of the forums show the yellow "favourite" star in the forum list.]

However, menu within the individual threads does correctly offer Subscribe or Unsubscribe depending on status of the thread. Yellow favourite star also shows correctly within the thread list.

cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

« Reply #17 on: 09/14/2013 12:19 PM »
Think this is another issue with Tapatalk (but not sure).

Under Settings / Signature, Tt is configured with a "Tapatalk signature" of "Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2".

Would I expect this to appear in something I post from Tt into the forum? It doesn't.

BTW, I find myself wondering whether that only applies with a Tapatalk ID?

cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 09/14/2013 12:19 PM by MP99 »

Offline MP99

« Reply #18 on: 09/14/2013 12:27 PM »
Sorry guys, another one.   :-[

Visited this forum in Tt:-
    NASASpaceFlight.com Forum
    HLV / SLS / Orion / Constellation
    Missions To The Near Earth Asteroids (HSF)

The topic "SLS Block 1 performance needed to visit captured asteroid?" is listed twice.

cheers, Martin

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #19 on: 09/14/2013 01:46 PM »
Not much I can do about that, I suggest you raise a ticket with TT as on the forum its fine.
sorry.
https://support.tapatalk.com/

Or if you really know what you are doing ie you are a software dev., fix the issue an do a pull request here
https://github.com/tapatalk/tapatalk-smf2
« Last Edit: 09/14/2013 01:49 PM by Jester »

Offline MP99

« Reply #20 on: 09/14/2013 06:36 PM »
Not much I can do about that, I suggest you raise a ticket with TT as on the forum its fine.
sorry.
https://support.tapatalk.com/

Or if you really know what you are doing ie you are a software dev., fix the issue an do a pull request here
https://github.com/tapatalk/tapatalk-smf2

Thanks. I downloaded the ZIP from github. Can't imagine why they didn't write it in COBOL  :o, but given they didn't...

I think my re-training needs to go quite a bit further before I can contribute to that. Consider it in the long-term to-do list.

cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 09/14/2013 06:37 PM by MP99 »

Offline pechisbeque

• Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: 09/14/2013 06:58 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread!
I decided to install the Tapatalk app for the iPad since I saw it is supported for NSF.

Maybe somebody can help with something:
Until now I had email notifications for the topics of my choosing. Tapatalk recognizes this subscriptions and notifies me over the Notification Center in iOS as well.
With this app the emails kind of become obsolete since you get the notifications on iOS.

Does anybody know how to get notifications on the topics only on Tapatalk and not also over email?

Offline MP99

« Reply #22 on: 09/14/2013 07:11 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread!
I decided to install the Tapatalk app for the iPad since I saw it is supported for NSF.

Maybe somebody can help with something:
Until now I had email notifications for the topics of my choosing. Tapatalk recognizes this subscriptions and notifies me over the Notification Center in iOS as well.
With this app the emails kind of become obsolete since you get the notifications on iOS.

Does anybody know how to get notifications on the topics only on Tapatalk and not also over email?

Go to Profile / Modify Profile / Notifications.

Go to "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of:". Change this to "Nothing at all" or "Moderation only if I started the topic". (There's an argument, now that we have Tapatalk, that maybe there should be an option for "only moderation".)

(BTW, I'm assuming this won't stop Tapatalk notifications.)

cheers, Martin

Offline pechisbeque

• Liked: 23
« Reply #23 on: 09/15/2013 12:05 PM »
Go to Profile / Modify Profile / Notifications.

Go to "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of:". Change this to "Nothing at all" or "Moderation only if I started the topic". (There's an argument, now that we have Tapatalk, that maybe there should be an option for "only moderation".)

(BTW, I'm assuming this won't stop Tapatalk notifications.)

cheers, Martin
Thanks! It worked perfectly. I'm happy to confirm your assumption.
« Last Edit: 09/15/2013 12:06 PM by pechisbeque »

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #24 on: 09/16/2013 01:36 PM »
So I installed tapatalk. Had no idea what to expect.

It's really not for me. Maybe because it's a Windows Phone, but it was really slow, fiddly and crashes a lot. Might explain why it has 2 out of 5 stars on the ratings, with people posting a similar experience to my own.

Much easier to fire up the phone's browser and do things that way.

Offline MP99

« Reply #25 on: 09/16/2013 03:56 PM »

It's really not for me. Maybe because it's a Windows Phone, but it was really slow, fiddly and crashes a lot. Might explain why it has 2 out of 5 stars on the ratings, with people posting a similar experience to my own.

Opposite of my experience with Android - faster, much easier to read, and completely stable.. Yeah - could be the Windows app doing that.

Cheers, Martin

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #26 on: 09/16/2013 09:07 PM »
Yep, googling says the same. When I've saved up the pennies I'll be getting a better phone, so will re-try then.

Offline Lars_J

• California
  • Liked: 664
  • Likes Given: 195
« Reply #27 on: 09/25/2013 05:04 PM »
There's an interesting issue with attachments through the iOS tapatalk client. I will attach a screenshot taken of this post (in progress).

When viewing this post in a regular browser, there is no image preview.

Since iPhone screenshots are in PNG format, I will also attach a JPG from the phone camera.

EDIT: Yep, as I expected, neither the JPG nor the PNG created a preview, although the download links work. I'm not sure if this is a Tapatalk generic issue, or the iOS client (v2.0.3), or something with this forum.

EDIT 2: It looks like at some point in the process, the PNG was converted to a JPG. (not necessarily a problem but interesting)
« Last Edit: 09/25/2013 05:11 PM by Lars_J »

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #28 on: 09/25/2013 07:00 PM »
Looks like the forum classes attachments via this client as potentially unsafe.

There is a SMF feature that Re-encode potentially dangerous image attachments.

There's an interesting issue with attachments through the iOS tapatalk client. I will attach a screenshot taken of this post (in progress).

When viewing this post in a regular browser, there is no image preview.

Since iPhone screenshots are in PNG format, I will also attach a JPG from the phone camera.

EDIT: Yep, as I expected, neither the JPG nor the PNG created a preview, although the download links work. I'm not sure if this is a Tapatalk generic issue, or the iOS client (v2.0.3), or something with this forum.

EDIT 2: It looks like at some point in the process, the PNG was converted to a JPG. (not necessarily a problem but interesting)

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 1234
  • Likes Given: 168
« Reply #29 on: 09/26/2013 01:42 PM »

I had a Nokia 920 briefly & believe me I am afraid to see that Tapatalk on WP is completely unrepresentative of how it is on iOS & Android. The WP version still seems more like a Beta build than anything.

Offline rdale

• Assistant to the Chief Meteorologist
  • Lansing MI
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #30 on: 10/14/2013 02:42 AM »
I noticed that my timestamps when accessing through Tapatalk were good but here were off. Appears you reset time to UTC? In any case, I reset that here and they are now good here, but way off in Tapatalk.

Also am not getting alerts in TT either anymore.

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #31 on: 10/14/2013 06:15 AM »
Nothing changed on this end that I know of..... maybe the tapatalk site was doing maintenance ? not sure

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #32 on: 10/18/2013 01:21 PM »
Plugin updated, release notes below:

SMF 2.0 RC5/Final - Version 3.9.0

Update note:

add mobile welcome screen
    add moderation function back
    add tapatalk image link
    add poll browser view for poll thread
    add link on image back on Tapatalk
    fix tapatalk key warning problem
    fix a push bug
    remove in-app registration problem
    optimize plugin installation to avoid errors

Offline MP99

« Reply #33 on: 12/05/2013 06:18 PM »
It looks like Tapatalk misinterprets double- quote followed by capital D as a smiley.

I believe the web version requires the smiley to be surrounded by spaces to avoid triggering false positives.

Is that something that might be fixable? Not a biggy once you know what's going on.

Edit: actually it looks like there are other combos which cause the same issue, but they do seem to include that capital D.

Cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 12/05/2013 06:32 PM by MP99 »

Offline A_M_Swallow

• Elite Veteran
  • South coast of England
  • Liked: 248
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #34 on: 12/08/2013 04:48 PM »
8) I am not cool about 8 ) being a smiley   8)
« Last Edit: 12/08/2013 04:49 PM by A_M_Swallow »

Offline MP99

« Reply #35 on: 12/24/2013 11:35 AM »
Just a quick note re an issue I'm having with the EVA-25 thread via Tapatalk 4.3.4 on Galaxy Note 8 tablet.

All images appear as broken. See attached screenshot.

However, if I navigate to the EVA-24 thread, images appear fine. See second screenshot.

I'm wondering if there might be something different in the way the two threads were setup, which is causing them to be seen differently via Tapatalk?

cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

« Reply #36 on: 12/28/2013 11:06 AM »
Just a quick note re an issue I'm having with the EVA-25 thread via Tapatalk 4.3.4 on Galaxy Note 8 tablet.

All images appear as broken. See attached screenshot.

However, if I navigate to the EVA-24 thread, images appear fine. See second screenshot.

I'm wondering if there might be something different in the way the two threads were setup, which is causing them to be seen differently via Tapatalk?

cheers, Martin

I eventually reinstalled Tt to get image display back again.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Ford Mustang

• Live Coverage Editor
  • Global Moderator
  • Virginia
    • Astro95Media
  • Liked: 68
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #37 on: 12/28/2013 03:07 PM »
I did notice in the EVA-25 thread, the post by Galactic Penguin, his images were .PNG and not .JPG, but the other two posts directly below were .JPG and still didn't show up.  That's really the only difference I can see in the two threads, I'm sure they were both set up the same, however.  Glad you got it working again.

Offline MP99

« Reply #38 on: 12/28/2013 08:47 PM »
I did notice in the EVA-25 thread, the post by Galactic Penguin, his images were .PNG and not .JPG, but the other two posts directly below were .JPG and still didn't show up.  That's really the only difference I can see in the two threads, I'm sure they were both set up the same, however.  Glad you got it working again.

I got to the stage where most threads were not showing me images.

I re-installed, then went back to a previously no-image thread, and did get images.

Not sure if it's related, but if I clicked on a web link in a post, it would take me to a tapatalk redirect address, but just stick there without redirecting to the correct target address.

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #39 on: 12/28/2013 08:48 PM »
Has anyone else had the issue of repeated threads?

When I go into the unread threads section I often get the same threads appear twice.

Offline A12

• ROME, ITALY
  • Liked: 31
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #40 on: 12/28/2013 10:05 PM »

When I go into the unread threads section I often get the same threads appear twice.

Same happens here.
Moreover, in Forum submenu, often I have several areas in bold, but clicking on them, I cannot see any new message. Refreshing with the proper button doesn't cure the problem.

Offline MP99

« Reply #41 on: 12/29/2013 11:40 AM »

I reported this upthread.

It's not an issue with the forum software apparently,  so needs fixing in the Tt client.

Cheers, Martin

Online pippin

• Regular
  • Liked: 271
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #42 on: 12/29/2013 12:47 PM »
It happens if you load another page full of threads and a new one has sprung to the top. Tapatalk doesn't re-load the first page and if the last threads on he first page have moved to the second page in the meantime, they appear twice.

Offline MP99

« Reply #43 on: 01/01/2014 02:28 PM »
It happens if you load another page full of threads and a new one has sprung to the top. Tapatalk doesn't re-load the first page and if the last threads on he first page have moved to the second page in the meantime, they appear twice.

In my case, I was seeing two repeats of the same thread right next to each other, partway down the list of topics. This was not with Tt v4.

I'm using Tt v4 on my new tablet, and can't say I've noticed this issue on that. (BTW, lots of people not happy with that version, so upgrade at your peril. Google it first.)

cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

« Reply #44 on: 02/13/2014 09:31 AM »
Quick query re quoted text in Tt.

Tt has stopped highlighting quotes for me, so nothing differentiates that from the following response. Is anyone else seeing this?

Quotes still format as expected on other fora, eg XDA Developers.

I suspect the issue is in identifying quotes rather than quote formatting, since the "copy post" function now also copies the original quote, and it didn't do that previously. (That has it's own benefits, but I'll not go there).

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #45 on: 02/13/2014 03:16 PM »

Tt has stopped highlighting quotes for me, so nothing differentiates that from the following response. Is anyone else seeing this?

I suspect the issue is in identifying quotes rather than quote formatting, since the "copy post" function now also copies the original quote, and it didn't do that previously. (That has it's own benefits, but I'll not go there).

Cheers, Martin

Noticed the same & can confirm it only appears to happen on this forum.

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #46 on: 02/13/2014 03:37 PM »

Cheers, Martin

I happen to be active on the other forum (xda) they run other forum software, only suggestion I can make is to contact the tt devs, its for them to address these issues....

ps we do run the latest release of the plugin (3.9.2)
« Last Edit: 02/13/2014 03:38 PM by Jester »

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #47 on: 02/13/2014 04:06 PM »

Cheers, Martin

I happen to be active on the other forum (xda) they run other forum software, only suggestion I can make is to contact the tt devs, its for them to address these issues....

ps we do run the latest release of the plugin (3.9.2)

Is it my or did this only arise with the last Tapatalk update?

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 1433
  • Likes Given: 4467
« Reply #48 on: 03/13/2014 05:55 PM »
I'm using Tapatalk and in many cases quotes are broken. The oute most opening quote is replaced with a "dummyquote" word.

Offline MP99

« Reply #49 on: 12/16/2014 07:16 AM »
Tapatalk (on Android) has just released a new version that has absolutely destroyed its functionality. It's just absolutely shocking.

This has been my go-to way to come to NSF up to now. Some frustrations, but generally a great experience on a tablet. Then, *poof* - gone.

Ugh.

Martin

PS for anyone who hasn't yet received the update on their Android, you can turn off auto Updates in the Play Store. Tap the three bars, My Apps, select Tapatalk, tap the three dots, and un-tick the auto-update option.

Offline mfck

• Office Plankton Representative
  • Israel
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #50 on: 12/16/2014 10:29 AM »
Tapatalk (on Android) has just released a new version that has absolutely destroyed its functionality. It's just absolutely shocking.

This has been my go-to way to come to NSF up to now. Some frustrations, but generally a great experience on a tablet. Then, *poof* - gone.

Ugh.

Martin

PS for anyone who hasn't yet received the update on their Android, you can turn off auto Updates in the Play Store. Tap the three bars, My Apps, select Tapatalk, tap the three dots, and un-tick the auto-update option.
I concur. The "enhancement" of the Home screen in TT is devastating. 60% of the screen space is wasted, the dimming of read threads is gone and "Show unread only" option locks the scroll. What were they thinking?

Offline MP99

« Reply #51 on: 12/17/2014 01:39 PM »
I'm having a little play with this today:-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ape.apps.forumfiend

My feedback, and how to contact the developer:-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2733755&page=7

It's not quite a daily driver replacement as yet, but might not take a lot of further enhancement to get there.

I haven't tried posting yet, but apparently it offers BBcode support, where Tapatalk doesn't.

cheers, Martin

Online TrevorMonty

« Reply #52 on: 12/17/2014 05:11 PM »
Mine has just been DOWNgraded to new version.

Offline MP99

« Reply #53 on: 12/17/2014 05:54 PM »
:-(

In theory, it's possible to "sideload" one of the older versions.

Not really recommended (need to turn off a security feature on the device, plus download software from an unofficial location), but I may end up doing that anyway myself.

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #54 on: 12/17/2014 07:02 PM »
Luckily on iOS it's far more usable than on Android. Wish they would stop playing around with it for no good reason on Android.

Online TrevorMonty

« Reply #55 on: 12/17/2014 07:10 PM »
Is there an alternative App?

Offline MP99

« Reply #56 on: 12/24/2014 03:46 PM »
Is there an alternative App?

See post #51, but if you try it make sure to update the settings to stop it adding its sig on the bottom of anything you post.

It's a new app, and I don't think it's quite ready for prime-time yet - crashes a little too often for comfort, and missing some features I personally need in a daily driver. But it's promising.

cheers, Martin

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #57 on: 12/30/2014 01:03 AM »
They just updated the iOS version with what sounds like the same interface changes that hit the Android users up thread.

No more "just show subscribed threads with unread messages" capability. (Or at least I can't find it.) I am back on the web interface and filtering out all the noise using my Mark II eyeball.

Offline MP99

« Reply #58 on: 12/30/2014 06:27 PM »
They just updated the iOS version with what sounds like the same interface changes that hit the Android users up thread.

No more "just show subscribed threads with unread messages" capability. (Or at least I can't find it.) I am back on the web interface and filtering out all the noise using my Mark II eyeball.

IIRC, the Android version lets you select the Subscribed view, then toggle All or Unread via a menu option. However, this view only shows the top few few threads unless "all" is selected (it only allows scrolling under "all").

Make sure to put up a negative review on the App Store.

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #59 on: 12/30/2014 06:44 PM »

I can confirm the apps on both OS types are identical.

Offline MP99

« Reply #60 on: 01/19/2015 08:40 AM »
I suspect this is a change, but not completely certain.

Normally, if I reply to a thread, I'd expect to also become subscribed to that thread (this is in the user options, IIRC).

This seems to have stopped happening when posting via Tapatalk, and I'm pretty sure it used to. I'm guessing this is something that the forum software handles as part of accepting a post, so would be down to forum setup rather than Tt.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #61 on: 01/30/2015 12:13 PM »
They've just pushed out an update at least on iOS they have which is stated to be the first of a number of updates to be made in response to recent feedback to their changes.

Offline MP99

« Reply #62 on: 02/10/2015 08:29 AM »
They've just pushed out an update at least on iOS they have which is stated to be the first of a number of updates to be made in response to recent feedback to their changes.

Yup, just seen it.

Everything's changed again. Have I missed it, or have the idiots now completely removed the option to display "subscribed" threads?

There is a "contributed" view. I guess that might be them just using a stupid / misleading name for it, which I wouldn't put past them. I'll dig further.

Cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

« Reply #63 on: 02/10/2015 08:43 AM »
OK, there it is.

Go to "subscribed forum" (the star). Gives you a list of the forums you're subscribed to.

But, if you persevere and scroll down multiple pages, there it is - the list of threads to which you are subscribed.

At least the "unread" filter now works again, so that's a positive.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #64 on: 02/10/2015 11:55 AM »

Yup, just seen it.

Everything's changed again. Have I missed it, or have the idiots now completely removed the option to display "subscribed" threads?

There is a "contributed" view. I guess that might be them just using a stupid / misleading name for it, which I wouldn't put past them. I'll dig further.

Cheers, Martin

To be fair they did state this is the first of a number of updates, so I'll wait until they've finished before passing judgement.

By the way this first update has now turned up on Android.

Offline MP99

« Reply #65 on: 02/11/2015 05:08 PM »

Yup, just seen it.

Cheers, Martin

To be fair they did state this is the first of a number of updates, so I'll wait until they've finished before passing judgement.

By the way this first update has now turned up on Android.

OK, thanks (and I am on Android).

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #66 on: 02/18/2015 10:39 PM »
Just to let people know a second update has been delivered today on the Android version.

Offline MP99

« Reply #67 on: 02/21/2015 07:30 PM »
OK, so in Tt I select the a thread from my list of subscribed threads.

It takes me to page 1/57, but says this was pasted 1 day ago.

When I go to page 2/57, the post is from Jan 9th.

Page 57/57 then repeats the same posts that were shown on page 1!

:'(

Chris - can you get the webmaster to investigate?

cheers, Martin

Edit: PS I'm running v4.11.4
« Last Edit: 02/21/2015 07:33 PM by MP99 »

Offline mtakala24

« Reply #68 on: 02/21/2015 07:55 PM »
That looks like Tapatalk bug or a forum software tapatalk plugin bug to me.

Offline nlec

• Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #69 on: 06/17/2015 11:53 PM »
it looks like the Tapatalk app on my Windows 8.1 tablet has been updated. Now the "unread" section says "no data found". Any suggestions? Known bug? Works for other forums, just not NSF.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #70 on: 11/26/2015 06:38 AM »
Every time I post on here I get a Thread Error 2211 message, this has only been occurring since the last app update on iOS. It also happens on other forums & seems it is something to do with the forum plugin.
« Last Edit: 11/26/2015 06:38 AM by Star One »

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #71 on: 11/27/2015 07:40 AM »
Every time I post on here I get a Thread Error 2211 message, this has only been occurring since the last app update on iOS. It also happens on other forums & seems it is something to do with the forum plugin.

i've updated the plugin to the latest version, let me know if it helps

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #72 on: 11/27/2015 03:54 PM »
Seems to have fixed it.

Just noticed I can finally like posts on here through Tapatalk. Though they seem to appear but then disappear afterwards.
« Last Edit: 11/27/2015 03:56 PM by Star One »

Offline MP99

« Reply #73 on: 11/28/2015 10:27 AM »
Seems to have fixed it.

Just noticed I can finally like posts on here through Tapatalk. Though they seem to appear but then disappear afterwards.
It's something specific to Tapatalk, I think. Not the same likes shown on the main site.

Cheers, Martin

Offline fgonella

• Liked: 11
« Reply #74 on: 12/04/2015 09:16 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has the same problem. Tapatalk for iPhone doesn't load any image , they all appear as broken links. If I do open the page in browser, however, it loads them correctly. Also I don't have issues with pictures in Tapatalk with other forums I follow.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #75 on: 12/04/2015 10:07 PM »

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem. Tapatalk for iPhone doesn't load any image , they all appear as broken links. If I do open the page in browser, however, it loads them correctly. Also I don't have issues with pictures in Tapatalk with other forums I follow.

What iPhone do you have?

I recently changed from an older iPhone to a 6S+ & the images load much faster on the latter compared to the former.

Offline MP99

« Reply #76 on: 12/04/2015 10:16 PM »
Tapatalk does this for most images, and I'm on Android.

Tapatalk only survives because of a lack of competition.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #77 on: 12/04/2015 10:36 PM »

Tapatalk does this for most images, and I'm on Android.

Tapatalk only survives because of a lack of competition.

Cheers, Martin

Again I don't get this issue.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #78 on: 12/05/2015 08:46 AM »
New update of Tapatalk on iOS just turned up & one of the bug fixes is fixes some photos not being able to display.

Offline MP99

« Reply #79 on: 12/05/2015 05:36 PM »
Just had an android update. Mentions something about photos.

Still no better as far as I can tell.

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #80 on: 12/05/2015 05:52 PM »

Just had an android update. Mentions something about photos.

Still no better as far as I can tell.

cheers, Martin

Might be worth contacting the developers which you can do through the app.

Online Herb Schaltegger

« Reply #81 on: 01/12/2016 12:57 PM »
Not sure if it's a problem on my end, but there was an "update" - I use the term lightly - to Tapatalk on iOS last night and now all images are broken in the app. Not having this problem on several other forums I checked, only NSF.
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline rsnellen4

• Liked: 1
« Reply #82 on: 01/12/2016 02:59 PM »

Not sure if it's a problem on my end, but there was an "update" - I use the term lightly - to Tapatalk on iOS last night and now all images are broken in the app. Not having this problem on several other forums I checked, only NSF.
Seeing the same thing -

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA
  • Liked: 795
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #83 on: 01/12/2016 03:09 PM »

Seeing the same thing -
Generally speaking, when Tapatalk updates, the server's Tapatalk plug-in also needs to be updated as well. My guess is the NSF Tapatalk plug-in is out of date...
John Hanzl. Author, action / adventure www.johnhanzl.com

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #84 on: 01/12/2016 03:15 PM »
Does anyone know what's the logic behind Tapatalk keeping on changing the look of the UI?
« Last Edit: 01/12/2016 03:16 PM by Star One »

Online Herb Schaltegger

« Reply #85 on: 01/12/2016 03:28 PM »

Does anyone know what's the logic behind Tapatalk keeping on changing the look of the UI?

I'm gonna go with "lack of clear UI design vision" + "lack of confidence in what they're doing" + "borderline incompetence." :p
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #86 on: 01/12/2016 04:29 PM »
I've updated the plug-in, hopefully its better now...

Online Herb Schaltegger

« Reply #87 on: 01/12/2016 04:51 PM »
Thanks Jester but still not working here. Alas.
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #88 on: 01/13/2016 04:31 AM »

Thanks Jester but still not working here. Alas.

I am also seeing this problem. I reported via "Contact us" in Tapatalk.

Wayne

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #89 on: 01/13/2016 07:20 AM »
Same here. Images showing as broken links.

Offline fgonella

« Reply #90 on: 01/13/2016 07:31 AM »
Same here, as it was the case in the past several months. The preview pics in topics list work, though.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #91 on: 01/13/2016 10:07 AM »
Personally I'd say got to "full site" to view images and view the site how it was intended.....

Going to "full site" is the *first thing I do* when my phone "decides" it wants to load up the forum in that horrible tapatalk format (which seems to be some annoying default rather than an option. It really should only be an option).

Offline MP99

« Reply #92 on: 01/13/2016 10:27 AM »
Personally I'd say got to "full site" to view images and view the site how it was intended.....

Going to "full site" is the *first thing I do* when my phone "decides" it wants to load up the forum in that horrible tapatalk format (which seems to be some annoying default rather than an option. It really should only be an option).
Concensus of opinion in our local developer community is that web has had its day, and that in the future it will become more and more critical to offer a good user experience via apps (or at minimum an excellent "responsive" version of the website. Otherwise, the pain of viewing the content will outweigh the attraction of the content itself for all but the most committed.

Frankly SMF are falling down on the job here by not offering an app front end.

Personally, if my laptop is on, it's because I'm working on it. It's once I switch it off that I want to do my leisure activities (or snatching a few minutes on the move between client meetings). I've missed a fair bit of content because of Tapatalk issues (mostly images, but text formatting is often mangled, too). Your users are inexorably moving to a world of mobiles and tablets. You can be left behind and lose your user base, or you can embrace it.

Cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 01/13/2016 11:08 AM by Chris Bergin »

Offline MP99

« Reply #93 on: 01/13/2016 10:45 AM »
Oh, and another reason not to use the web version on my tablet - basically just doesn't work when I try to reply to a thread.

See http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=32918.msg1474123#msg1474123

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #94 on: 01/13/2016 12:18 PM »

Concensus of opinion in our local developer community is that web has had its day, and that in the future it will become more and more critical to offer a good user experience via apps (or at minimum an excellent "responsive" version of the website. Otherwise, the pain of viewing the content will outweigh the attraction of the content itself for all but the most committed.

Personally, if my laptop is on, it's because I'm working on it. It's once I switch it off that I want to do my leisure activities (or snatching a few minutes on the move between client meetings). I've missed a fair bit of content because of Tapatalk issues (mostly images, but text formatting is often mangled, too). Your users are inexorably moving to a world of mobiles and tablets. You can be left behind and lose your user base, or you can embrace it.

Cheers, Martin

But these issues at least for me always come through the app version of it.

Online Herb Schaltegger

« Reply #95 on: 01/13/2016 12:33 PM »
Well, all I'm saying is I use Tapatak with at least a dozen forums and they're all pretty much working as normal except NSF, and NSF was working great until the most recent Tapatalk update. Personally I like READING forums (including the pretty pictures) on my phone. When I want to write a post, I prefer my laptop. But I don't have my laptop with me all the time ... So anyway, yeah. Something's broken. :)
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #96 on: 01/13/2016 05:40 PM »
They released another server update, which I just installed, better ??

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #97 on: 01/13/2016 06:52 PM »

Sorry still a bunch of broken links for me.:(

Online Herb Schaltegger

« Reply #98 on: 01/14/2016 03:08 PM »

Ditto. Darn it. :(
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #99 on: 01/15/2016 06:33 AM »

Ditto. Darn it. :(

It's getting really annoying.

Offline mtakala24

« Reply #100 on: 01/15/2016 06:37 AM »
I feel you pain(s), but I doubt there is much that can be done, if the plugins are up to date.

I used Tapatalk, but it was just way too buggy in general, and reverted to just using the browser. Having a high resolution display on the phone (moved from Samsung Galaxy S2 to Nexus 5) helped. Hearing these continued shortcomings of Tapatalk does not sound good :(

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #101 on: 01/15/2016 06:53 AM »
I've reported the issue to them which is all I think people can do on this side.:(
« Last Edit: 01/15/2016 06:53 AM by Star One »

Online Herb Schaltegger

« Reply #102 on: 01/15/2016 04:55 PM »
I just noticed that some images in the most recent posts in public OG-2 thread (vertical S1 on LC-40) are appearing along with a weather radar image. Links versus attachments maybe?
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #103 on: 01/15/2016 05:09 PM »

I just noticed that some images in the most recent posts in public OG-2 thread (vertical S1 on LC-40) are appearing along with a weather radar image. Links versus attachments maybe?

I noticed the same in today's EVA thread.

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #104 on: 01/15/2016 05:37 PM »
As a result of my support request Tapatalk added me up to their beta program and will make a test build available to me to once it goes through review.

Not sure about when that will happen (entering a three day weekend in the states), but wanted to at least let people know the issue is being actively worked by Tapatalk.

Will update the thread when I have some results.

Wayne

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #105 on: 01/15/2016 11:25 PM »
I cannot understand why this issue seems limited to this forum of the ones I use.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #106 on: 01/16/2016 09:02 AM »
Sorry for bumping the thread. Apparently Tapatalk are rolling out a patch for the broken images today.

Offline the_other_Doug

• Minneapolis, MN
  • Liked: 1480
  • Likes Given: 2543
« Reply #107 on: 01/16/2016 07:10 PM »

Cheers, Martin

Disagree.  I can type 60 to 80 wpm on a real keyboard, and about 15 wpm on my tablet.  It goes down to about 10 wpm on my phone.  The virtual keyboards are too small for me to type on them very quickly.  And before you tell me to just attach a real, full-size keyboard to my phone or tablet, consider that those devices are portable, while a full-size keyboard is not.

I prefer to use the full site format, even on my tablet, mainly *because* Tapatalk doesn't intervene and muck up the forum or its functionality when I do so.  I vote to keep the full forum formatting as much as possible, regardless of platform...
-Doug  (With my shield, not yet upon it)

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #108 on: 01/17/2016 01:02 AM »
Tapatalk made a new build for me that fixes the problem.

Will update thread when I hear news of a general release date.

Wayne

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #109 on: 01/17/2016 01:42 AM »
The full fix is for both the client and the Tapatalk servers. Just verified for Tapatalk support that can get images back by delete/install the released client. So you can give that a try or wait for the next client release.

Wayne

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #110 on: 01/17/2016 09:13 AM »

The full fix is for both the client and the Tapatalk servers. Just verified for Tapatalk support that can get images back by delete/install the released client. So you can give that a try or wait for the next client release.

Wayne

So uninstall the app & reinstall it is then.

Offline MP99

« Reply #111 on: 01/17/2016 09:44 AM »
I have v5.4.8 of the app on my tablet (Samsung Note 8.0, N5120, Android 4.4.2), and phone (Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1).

Browsing the same thread, images are displaying on the phone but not the tablet.

Looking forward to the fix being released.

Cheers, Martin

PS phone was new in mid December, so TT was first installed on phone then.
« Last Edit: 01/17/2016 09:46 AM by MP99 »

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #112 on: 01/17/2016 09:47 AM »
Yep uninstalling & reinstalling the app worked on my iPhone, images are now back on here.

Offline MP99

« Reply #113 on: 01/17/2016 09:51 AM »
Hmm, I wonder if the fix will also stop the "unfortunately, Tapatalk has stopped" fails?

Not sure if this only happens on the tablet. It used to mostly happen when tapping through to the full sized images. That seems to have been fixed a little while ago. Fails now just happen when browsing threads.

Cheers, Martin

Offline fgonella

« Reply #114 on: 01/17/2016 10:48 AM »
Images are back on my iPhone, too, without the need for reinstall. Thank you all!  Today I'll be able to follow properly the Jason 3 launch coverage!

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #115 on: 01/17/2016 02:24 PM »

Images are back on my iPhone, too, without the need for reinstall. Thank you all!  Today I'll be able to follow properly the Jason 3 launch coverage!

They were working on a server side only fix. Sounds like they were able to get that working as well.

Online Herb Schaltegger

« Reply #116 on: 01/18/2016 12:48 PM »
Just wanted to confirm that Tapatalk on iOS is now displaying images properly. Thanks to the fine folks at NSF who installed the server plugin patches and such to make it work. Very much appreciated.
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #117 on: 03/25/2016 11:52 AM »
Just updated Tapatalk again on iOS & keep getting an error that when making a post that includes quote or multi-quote a message comes up saying you cannot post as there has been a value error, but when you look it has actually posted.
« Last Edit: 03/25/2016 11:53 AM by Star One »

Offline Jester

• NSF Night Flyer
  • Administrator
  • Some Space Agency
« Reply #118 on: 03/25/2016 03:48 PM »
Just updated Tapatalk again on iOS & keep getting an error that when making a post that includes quote or multi-quote a message comes up saying you cannot post as there has been a value error, but when you look it has actually posted.

Not sure if this is the client on the server plugin, but i've updated the server part to the latest version.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #119 on: 03/26/2016 10:06 AM »

Not sure if this is the client on the server plugin, but i've updated the server part to the latest version.

Now only occurring when featuring a post with multi-quotes like this one.

Offline NovaSilisko

• Liked: 1433
  • Likes Given: 1305
« Reply #120 on: 04/09/2016 08:16 AM »
Not super important, but it seems like people posting with Tapatalk now automatically have a "Posted from my ____ with Tapatalk" added to the end of their posts, and it's a little annoying. I don't recall seeing it do this before now.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #121 on: 04/09/2016 09:33 AM »
Not super important, but it seems like people posting with Tapatalk now automatically have a "Posted from my ____ with Tapatalk" added to the end of their posts, and it's a little annoying. I don't recall seeing it do this before now.

I thought it always did that as its one of the first things I change in the settings on a fresh install.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #122 on: 04/12/2016 11:40 PM »
Any way to stop the crap:

"Sent by my phone via tapatalk" on every post when someone's posted with tapatalk?

It looks stupid on so many posts.

Offline the_other_Doug

• Minneapolis, MN
  • Liked: 1480
  • Likes Given: 2543
« Reply #123 on: 04/13/2016 12:11 AM »
Any way to stop the crap:

"Sent by my phone via tapatalk" on every post when someone's posted with tapatalk?

It looks stupid on so many posts.

As a guy with prior experience in user interface development for software products, if I had to guess, I'd say that Tapatalk just came out with an update that reset the "Tapatalk signature" option (or whatever they call it) to "on" -- and understandably so, they want the public to see how they are handling all these people with their forum management software.  In other words, it's free advertising for their product.

I would also guess that this option can be turned off again, but I bet it can't be filtered externally.  I'd also guess the people whose posts are being adorned by this free ad aren't really aware of it.  Perhaps a few PMs in the right direction could get them to turn the option off on their devices.

I'd be disgusted and upset if Tapatalk took out any option control for this and are insisting that, going forward, every post made through their app must include their ad line.

(I will note that I have never been impressed with Tapatalk and preferentially display the full website on my tablet and phone; it works a whole lot better, IMHO.  But because I don't use Tapatalk, I obviously can't directly verify my suspicions.  And I won't start using it just to verify it; the one time it tried to get a hold of my forums, I had the devil's own time getting it to let go!)
-Doug  (With my shield, not yet upon it)

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #124 on: 04/13/2016 12:34 AM »
Thanks! Yeah, it's really started turning up on so many posts just recently. Wasn't sure if it's something we can filter here or if individuals have to turn it off.

*Sent by my overworked PC via my fingers* ;D

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #125 on: 04/13/2016 07:07 AM »
Thanks! Yeah, it's really started turning up on so many posts just recently. Wasn't sure if it's something we can filter here or if individuals have to turn it off.

*Sent by my overworked PC via my fingers* ;D
I just checked at least with me it hasn't between reset & signature is still set to none as it should be.

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 2411
  • Likes Given: 789
« Reply #126 on: 04/13/2016 09:15 AM »
I've been caught out by tapatalk on this. If you use Reply from the top right menu in the app (at least on iOS) then it automatically ticks the 'Sent from ...' tag line addition. It's trivial to just untick it before posting, but you have to spot on the screen that you need too!

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #127 on: 04/13/2016 10:28 AM »
I've been caught out by tapatalk on this. If you use Reply from the top right menu in the app (at least on iOS) then it automatically ticks the 'Sent from ...' tag line addition. It's trivial to just untick it before posting, but you have to spot on the screen that you need too!

Sounds more like a bug than anything else.

Offline sanman

• Liked: 417
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #128 on: 04/19/2016 07:44 AM »
I always seem to get chatroom chatter in my notifications - does anybody else have this problem?

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #129 on: 04/19/2016 10:16 AM »
I always seem to get chatroom chatter in my notifications - does anybody else have this problem?

Can you explain what you mean?

Offline sanman

• Liked: 417
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #130 on: 04/20/2016 10:41 PM »

Is there some kind of chatroom on this forum site? Because I've gotten Tapatalk notifications from NasaSpaceFlight.com which say stuff like:

"Hey"
"Hi"
"How are you?
"Good, what's up?"
etc, etc

And along with that, there's some Tapatalk checkbox which says "Ignore chatroom" or something like that. I've checked the checkbox, but I'm not sure it's working.
« Last Edit: 04/20/2016 10:42 PM by sanman »

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #131 on: 04/21/2016 08:24 PM »

Is there some kind of chatroom on this forum site? Because I've gotten Tapatalk notifications from NasaSpaceFlight.com which say stuff like:

"Hey"
"Hi"
"How are you?
"Good, what's up?"
etc, etc

And along with that, there's some Tapatalk checkbox which says "Ignore chatroom" or something like that. I've checked the checkbox, but I'm not sure it's working.

There's no chat room on this site. So that's got nothing to do with us. No idea about tapatalk and whatever bug that may be, but it'll be with tapatalk, not this site. :-\

Offline Star One

• UK
New NSF Feedback Thread
« Reply #132 on: 05/24/2016 04:04 PM »
Since the most recent Tapatalk update every time I post in a thread it may or may not auto subscribe me to it whether I like it or not. The instances seem entirely random.
« Last Edit: 05/24/2016 04:05 PM by Star One »

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #133 on: 05/27/2016 10:25 AM »
Can everyone using tapatalk please turn off the:

"Sent via my iPotato via Tapatalk" options, as I'm getting tired of it being automatically posted in posts. It can be rather annoying, especially if it is like this:

Yes Jim, you're right yet again.

SENT VIA MY HTC-7439123APlusGoldStandard Amazing Phone that plays Angry Birds really Well V2"

It's not the forum, it's your phone/tapatalk doing it via one of its latest updates, as noted above.

Such bylines get quotes as part of your post in quotes. If anyone sees anyone posting with that line in their post, PM this post to inform them.

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 4903
  • Likes Given: 3326
« Reply #134 on: 05/27/2016 10:47 AM »
Now I want an iPotato...
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #135 on: 05/27/2016 04:28 PM »
Is there a fix for Tapatalk keep subscribing you to threads you've posted in whether you like it or not? It never used to do this until the most recent update of the app.

Offline Retired Downrange

• Turks & Caicos Islands
  • Liked: 78
  • Likes Given: 115

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #137 on: 02/02/2017 11:19 PM »
A reminder, before we can get rid of tapatalk use on here, anyone posting via that awful app needs to REMOVE the setting that automatically posts ""Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" in every post you make.

They are just using you to spam.

Remove the setting, or edit it out of your post, or we'll delete the post.
« Last Edit: 02/02/2017 11:20 PM by Chris Bergin »

Online pippin

• Regular
« Reply #138 on: 02/03/2017 12:20 AM »
A problem is that Tapatalk keeps re-activating that setting automatically from time to time and it scraps it from what you see yourself so usually you don't even notice you posted this. Plus, you then need to EDIT the post to remove it.

Online pippin

• Regular
« Reply #139 on: 02/03/2017 12:21 AM »
Oh, and please don't "get rid of" Tapatalk. You'd also get rid of users like me who heavily rely on it.

Offline wholmeswa

• Wayne Holmes
  • Seattle, WA
« Reply #140 on: 02/03/2017 04:03 AM »
Another vote for leaving Tapatalk support on this forum. I use it every day to track just the forums I have an interest in.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #141 on: 02/03/2017 10:46 AM »
A problem is that Tapatalk keeps re-activating that setting automatically from time to time and it scraps it from what you see yourself so usually you don't even notice you posted this. Plus, you then need to EDIT the post to remove it.

Ha! Wow, that's so poor of them.

Anyone had any success in talking with that company? I don't want this place covered in "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk". I've even noticed one person PMing me, had that as a link at the bottom of his message and that showed me all the places he was using tapatalk, which I doubt he opted into it (based on some of the places linked ;D)

Won't be getting rid of it until we have a good alternative, but yeah, people using need to edit it out of their posts or find a way to remove it via settings each time they force it on again. People complaining to me think NSF is adding it to posts.

Offline RemoveBeforeFlight

• Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #142 on: 02/03/2017 11:35 AM »
I'm having an issue with images loading. I have checked settings etc and they should be loading. Anyone else been having this issue?

Edit: Removed sig
« Last Edit: 02/03/2017 11:53 AM by RemoveBeforeFlight »

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #143 on: 02/03/2017 11:49 AM »
By the way, I'm just having a moan. Nothing will be "removed" unless we have something better. For the meantime, I just want people using this to get rid of that silly message. That will ease the complaints I have to deal with per people seeing it.

For the interim, imagine me as Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man reviewing K-Mart.

"Tapatalk sucks". ;D

Online pippin

• Regular
« Reply #144 on: 02/03/2017 12:16 PM »
Well, I agree Tapatalk kind of sucks in many things but it's still quite convenient if you can browse outside Safari since at least on iOS it lets you open temporary web views for images and all.

Even goes so far that I once considered writing an own app based on their plugin (they can't claim it's their interface because it's you hosting it not them).
If I just found a supplier for those 48h days....

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #145 on: 02/03/2017 02:27 PM »
It's easy to remove the signature they usually only reactivate it on major updates so providing you keep that in mind you can usually successfully keep the option turned off.

Offline nukie19

• Liked: 314
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #146 on: 02/07/2017 03:02 PM »
I'm having an issue with images loading. I have checked settings etc and they should be loading. Anyone else been having this issue?

Edit: Removed sig

I've had the same problem with pictures as well.  I thought maybe it was just the larger ones, but even regular pictures don't seem to display properly.

Tags: