Author Topic: The (nothing to do with NSF but I use) Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 153004 times)

Offline MP99

I thought it might be a good idea to have a separate thread for discussion of the Tapatalk app, so...

1) If I'm browsing a thread and select Menu / Web View, I get taken to page 1 of the thread, not the page that equates to the page I'm browsing on Tapatalk. (Guess it would need to go to whichever page has the first post on-screen in TT).

2) Some sites have a "hey did you know you can browse this via Tapatalk" message if you go to the website on a mobile device. Nice-to-have for the long-term list, maybe.

3) You can select the text of a post by long-clicking in TT, but it only copies the poster's text, not any quotes that provide the context (say one of Jim's "Yes" or "No" answers). Assume this is just a feature of TT itself, but if there's an option to make the quoted text also get copied into the clipboard...

4) Ignore list doesn't work.  ;) (I'm guessing it never will!? Probably not supported in the underlying app!?)

cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 09/10/2013 07:32 am by MP99 »

Offline Lars_J

• California
  • Liked: 677
  • Likes Given: 195
Perhaps you should add "Tapatalk" to the thread title? Because right now, it seems like a duplicate thread.

Offline MP99

Perhaps you should add "Tapatalk" to the thread title? Because right now, it seems like a duplicate thread.

Yup, you got me.  :D

Done.

cheers, Martin

Offline rdale

• Assistant to the Chief Meteorologist
  • Lansing MI
  • Liked: 1414
  • Likes Given: 171

Done.

cheers, Martin

Using Tap I selected your post and hit the button in the upper right. Seems to have pulled in all quotes just fine?

Offline MP99

Done.

cheers, Martin

Using Tap I selected your post and hit the button in the upper right. Seems to have pulled in all quotes just fine?

I don't seem to have a button upper right, but do have a toolbar that pops up in middle of screen after I tap.

I tap in your post, select ...more, "copy post content", paste into Evernote, and the text starts "Using Tap...".

I'm on Android. You?

Cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 09/10/2013 12:14 pm by MP99 »

Offline wholmeswa

• Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 143
- My timestamps are all off by 8 hours when using Tapatalk, but are correct when I access via the web.  I have deleted/installed the app, updated NSF profile and removed/added the NSF forum multiple times, but no go.

It is my understanding that at least one other Tapatalk user on NSF is not seeing this problem, so I reported it on the Tapatalk support forums. Have yet to hear back. I see this problem with the iOS 2.0.2 Community version on two iDevices using my profile name. See https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/incorrect-time-displayed.20295/

- Unable to attach pictures to messages. Get message "Image Upload / Your forum has disabled image sharing from this app." Is that related to the forum rule about pictures not being loaded inline? If so, is there a way to attach pictures that  supports the NSF guidelines?

Wayne

Offline mtakala24

On the subject of tapatalk, any recommendations on which client to use on android? Preferably free.

Offline wholmeswa

I haven't heard back from Tapatalk, so want to get some additional info on my timestamp issue..

- Can another Tapatalk user verify that the correct timestamps are shown when "Unread" is selected?
- What version of Taptalk are you using? (I am especially interested if anyone using Tapatalk Community 2.0.2 for iOS is having the problem.)

Based on feedback, I will update the thread over on the Tapatalk support forum and see if I can get someone to take notice.

Thanks!

Wayne

Offline MP99

Times are good for me.

My profile (website) is configured as +1. Server was recently re-configured fro US time to GMT - make sure your website profile has the correct time offset since server time change. (BTW, I find I need to manually correct this each time DST comes / goes, but that's not a big hassle. Will see what happens come "fall back" on the new platform.)

cheers, Martin

Offline wholmeswa

Times are good for me.

My profile (website) is configured as +1. Server was recently re-configured fro US time to GMT - make sure your website profile has the correct time offset since server time change. (BTW, I find I need to manually correct this each time DST comes / goes, but that's not a big hassle. Will see what happens come "fall back" on the new platform.)

cheers, Martin

Martin: Thanks for the info. I have tried what you suggested, but no go. What client are you running?

Wayne

Offline MP99

Offline wholmeswa

Android, using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity.

cheers, Martin

Martin: Thank-you. I have passed the information on to Tapatalk support.

Wayne

Offline Stephan

• Veteran
  • Paris
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 2
I'm not very familiar with tapatalk, which free client do you recommend ?
« Last Edit: 09/11/2013 06:18 pm by Stephan »
Best regards, Stephan

Offline wholmeswa

I'm not very familiar with tapatalk, which free client do you recommend ?

I am using this iOS client on an iPad and iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-community-reader/id307880732

As reported up thread, I have an issue with timestamps that looks to be a problem with how the forum plugin interacts with that client. Hopefully will know more as soon as Tapatalk support gets back to me in the next day or so.

Wayne

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6533
  • Likes Given: 157
For the timezone issue reported on the support thread, I've just updated the package to 3.8.1
The fixes don't list any timezone issues but addresses other issues that I wanted to have installed here.

Offline wholmeswa

For the timezone issue reported on the support thread, I've just updated the package to 3.8.1
The fixes don't list any timezone issues but addresses other issues that I wanted to have installed here.

My problem persists. I have updated the support thread on the Tapatalk forum to let them know I am seeing the issue with the 3.8.1 plugin.

Many thanks for your help. The support people at Tapatalk also been very helpful, so with any luck this will be quickly resolved.

Wayne

(Edited for horrible grammar. I blame it on posting before my morning coffee kicked in.  ;) )
« Last Edit: 09/13/2013 05:14 pm by wholmeswa »

Offline MP99

Minor Tapatalk bug...

Go to Forums section, then select a forum, press menu. I get options for:-
Refresh
Search
Mark Forum as Read
Subscribe

Issue is that it always says "Subscribe", even for threads that I am already subscribed to (as confirmed on website). [Also, none of the forums show the yellow "favourite" star in the forum list.]

However, menu within the individual threads does correctly offer Subscribe or Unsubscribe depending on status of the thread. Yellow favourite star also shows correctly within the thread list.

cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

Think this is another issue with Tapatalk (but not sure).

Under Settings / Signature, Tt is configured with a "Tapatalk signature" of "Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2".

Would I expect this to appear in something I post from Tt into the forum? It doesn't.

BTW, I find myself wondering whether that only applies with a Tapatalk ID?

cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 09/14/2013 12:19 pm by MP99 »

Offline MP99

Sorry guys, another one.   :-[

Visited this forum in Tt:-
    NASASpaceFlight.com Forum »
    HLV / SLS / Orion / Constellation »
    Missions To The Near Earth Asteroids (HSF)

The topic "SLS Block 1 performance needed to visit captured asteroid?" is listed twice.

cheers, Martin

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6533
  • Likes Given: 157
Not much I can do about that, I suggest you raise a ticket with TT as on the forum its fine.
sorry.
https://support.tapatalk.com/

Or if you really know what you are doing ie you are a software dev., fix the issue an do a pull request here
https://github.com/tapatalk/tapatalk-smf2
« Last Edit: 09/14/2013 01:49 pm by Jester »

Tags: Space galaxy astronomy 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography