Author Topic: Flooding in Houston, Tx  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Lawntonlookirs

• Veteran
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Flooding in Houston, Tx
« on: 04/28/2009 04:14 pm »
I just received notice that our Houston Office is closed today because of flooding.  With checking on some articles in the Houston Paper, the flooding is some of the worse they have had since 2001.  Hope JSC is okay.  Anyone hear.
Everyman is my superior in that I may learn from him.  Albert Einstein

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: Flooding in Houston, Tx
« Reply #1 on: 04/28/2009 04:22 pm »
There's people in at JSC, as I've been speaking to a few, but hope the flooding isn't bad for our Houston area visitors.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline dwmzmm

• Extreme Veteran
  • Far West Houston, TX
    • Challenger 498 NAR Section
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: 04/28/2009 08:11 pm »
I live in the Houston area (Katy, just west of the city) and was called by my boss
early this morning not to report for work.  Also, school for Cy-Fair ISD were closed
today (my kids school & my employer).  Made for great opportunity to work on some model rockets!

The street connecting to our driveway early this morning was much too high, I wouldn't have driven my car (2001 Saturn) anyway.  Everyone has been begging for more rain in the Houston area (we've been well below normal year-to-date, until recently), so you can say they got what they asked for.
Dave, NAR # 21853 SR.

Offline Antares

• ABO^2
  • Done arguing with amateurs
  • Liked: 371
  • Likes Given: 228
If I like something on NSF, it's probably because I know it to be accurate.  Every once in a while, it's just something I agree with.  Facts generally receive the former.

Offline Danny Dot

• Rocket Scientist, NOT Retired
  • Houston, Texas
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: 04/28/2009 08:34 pm »
Looks like last night's rainfall was mostly on the west side:
http://www.srh.weather.gov/hgx/climate/reviews/042809pns.txt

http://ahps.srh.noaa.gov/precip.php?wfo=hgx&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6

I live down here by JSC (SE side of Houston) and we didn't get dumped on like NW Houston did.  I have been driving around and the streets are OK.  I am sure JSC is OK.  But more rain is in the forecast.

Danny Deger
Danny Deger

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography