Author Topic: How to communicate in space instanly...entagled.  (Read 11990 times)

Offline scott ryan

• Adelaide, Australia.
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
How to communicate in space instanly...entagled.
« on: 04/24/2017 06:36 am »
Long distance com's in space. Talking 100drs of light years away instantly.

In a test looking at atoms/particles, they had the ability to change atoms/particles to op charges or to different atoms or particles then back to the same.

What the test did, was had 2 computers. 1 on the mainland and 1 on an island a small distance away. They had the ability to change the particle to the ops charge and to the same particle as the 1 on the mainland. They then where able to change it back to what it was.

Looking at that, I noticed they could change the atoms/particles and get readings for possible new radar or coms.

Can we also change entangled atoms/particles in the same way? That can work for coms and possible entangled radar.

Even if entangled with other particles they will all change them back giving us sos readings.

Have know idea if it really works, but after I sent china the messages they clamed it works, and are building a Chinese  embassy in Adelaide for me. But saying that I sent them 300 other weapons ideas like fields around tanks and so on.

All I can say it they had particles or atoms separated, and they could talk to each other. The one on the mainland had the ability to change the other particle or atom into a different 1, or the same one on the mainland....then change it back.

So they could 100% change it and change it back.

I am saying we can't read entangled atoms/particles spin, so we can change them then change them back doing sos

Offline Silmfeanor

• Utrecht, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 403
  • Likes Given: 722
Re: How to communicate in space instanly...entagled.
« Reply #1 on: 04/24/2017 10:02 am »
Hello, and welcome to the forum! Threads like these are more well-placed in the advanced topics subforum.

Also, you might want to read up on this subject;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-communication_theorem

Offline Stormbringer

• Liked: 239
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: 04/24/2017 11:48 am »
Yup, advanced topic. Look for a thread called "almost an ansible?" sometime. ;)

But I'm in before someone notes that causality ordering postulates or principle (COP) and similar "laws" forbid FTL comms. nu uh. nope. at least not with complete certainly.

Because this: https://phys.org/news/2017-04-physicists-violate-local-causality.html

and other things like that are popping up more and more. Notice that the title of the article is:

Physicists demonstrate new way to violate local causality

It says "new" to distinguish this latest trick from the *OLD* way(s) that have been discovered to violate causality.

Mind you it's not an ansible ...*yet.* But where there is smoke...

EDIT:  Anyway since the Chinese claim to have made a quantum radar which uses entanglement already; I think they may have already gotten ahead of you with what entanglement can do. Mind you having a quantum entanglement radar does not necessarily mean they have a faster than light way to communicate information or send and receive radar beams. As far as i have read; their QE radar involves entanglement a different way not related to FTL stuff. So far no entanglement application or experiment has implied or verified FTL communications. The closest thing to this would appear (to me) to be the Feynman-Wheeler interpretation of Mach effect theory using advanced and retarded waves which would seem to generate the illusion of FTL communication. Though in this application the word "illusion" does not mean that the effect is imaginary and void because it could accomplish the same thing as FTL communications by a convoluted Rube Goldberg-esque construct that avoids violations of known physical laws.

« Last Edit: 04/24/2017 12:24 pm by Stormbringer »
When antigravity is outlawed only outlaws will have antigravity.

Offline meberbs

• Liked: 3379
  • Likes Given: 777
« Reply #3 on: 05/04/2017 04:27 pm »
Communication with advanced waves allows instantaneous communication at a distance which is in conformity with relativity since all interactions take place at the speed of light.
By advanced waves it will arrive at Earth at 11:20, 40 minutes before first message is sent.
Relativity does not say FTL communication is impossible, it says that FTL communication is equivalent to time travel. You ended up doing a nice job demonstrating that. Since time travel trivially leads to paradoxes, it would make any physical theory that includes it self-inconsistent. As a result physicists have formed the chronology protection conjecture. (Of course if given sufficient evidence of actual time travel, physicists would reject this conjecture and have to figure out how to deal with the paradoxes of time travel.)

As far as detecting advanced waves, this can't happen under the no-communication theorem (note that this is a theorem, so unlike the chronology protection conjecture, you can't handwave it away.)

Offline RotoSequence

• Liked: 2068
  • Likes Given: 1535
« Reply #4 on: 05/04/2017 04:44 pm »
Long distance com's in space. Talking 100drs of light years away instantly.

In a test looking at atoms/particles, they had the ability to change atoms/particles to op charges or to different atoms or particles then back to the same.

What the test did, was had 2 computers. 1 on the mainland and 1 on an island a small distance away. They had the ability to change the particle to the ops charge and to the same particle as the 1 on the mainland. They then where able to change it back to what it was.

Looking at that, I noticed they could change the atoms/particles and get readings for possible new radar or coms.

Can we also change entangled atoms/particles in the same way? That can work for coms and possible entangled radar.

Even if entangled with other particles they will all change them back giving us sos readings.

Have know idea if it really works, but after I sent china the messages they clamed it works, and are building a Chinese  embassy in Adelaide for me. But saying that I sent them 300 other weapons ideas like fields around tanks and so on.

All I can say it they had particles or atoms separated, and they could talk to each other. The one on the mainland had the ability to change the other particle or atom into a different 1, or the same one on the mainland....then change it back.

So they could 100% change it and change it back.

I am saying we can't read entangled atoms/particles spin, so we can change them then change them back doing sos

The idea of utilizing entanglement for FTL communications is one that has appealed to me for a long time - and for an almost equally long time, I didn't understand the reason why "it doesn't work that way." The long and short of it is that there's no form of quantum enganglement that can be read off without communicating how your entangled machine behaved to the receiving end of the experiment. Interference patterns require cross-referencing and analysis to be seen in entangled systems. The structure of nature is strangely, surprisingly adamant that no information be discernible faster than the speed of light.

Offline JasonAW3

• Claremore, Ok.
  • Liked: 410
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #5 on: 05/04/2017 05:32 pm »
What bothers me is that, so long as messages are simultaneous between two points, there should be no violation of causality. A slight delay between them should also be possible, so long as the information cannot be transmitted backwards in time.

So long as actual information can be transmitted between two reference points in such a way as the actual transmitted information does not go backwards in time from the perspective of the initial transmitting reference point, and information is transmitted between both points in a sequential fashion, there should be no temporal violations, no matter the actual physical distance between both points.

Essentially, this appears to be a case of information not being able to exist within the same universe prior to its actual existence.

In other words; so long as there is an actual delay, even if it simply the time it actually takes to encode and transmit that information, ie. typing it in on the transmitting device, while the information is typed out at the receiving device in "Real Time" there should be no violation of causality.

In a case like this, assuming simultaneity of the reference times between the two points, so long as the reply to a transmitted message follows the completion of the initial message, there should be no paradox.  (Yes, I know some people will be impatient and start a reply before the initial transmission is complete, not having the full message, but that doesn't really apply in this case.  Information was received at one end to which a reply was sent, after the initial information was received).
My God!  It's full of universes!

Offline ellindsey

• New Jersey
  • Liked: 54
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #6 on: 05/04/2017 05:39 pm »
Because in relativity, two events which are simultaneous in one reference frame are not guaranteed to be simultaneous in another reference frame.  It is possible to have one reference frame in which two events are simultaneous, and a second reference frame in which those same two events are not simultaneous, and therefore information passing from one point instantly to another in the first will be traveling backwards in time in the second.

Offline meberbs

« Reply #7 on: 05/04/2017 06:14 pm »
As far as detecting advanced waves, this can't happen under the no-communication theorem (note that this is a theorem, so unlike the chronology protection conjecture, you can't handwave it away.)

The no-communication theorem is related to the measurement of an entangled quantum state, and I agree, quantum entanglement can’t be used for instantaneous communication.
But what does this have to do with the detection of advanced waves? This is a completely different phenomenon.
Advanced waves is one explanation/interpretation of how entanglement works. When you talk about advanced waves you are talking about entanglement.

Offline JasonAW3

• Claremore, Ok.
  • Liked: 410
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #8 on: 05/04/2017 06:47 pm »
Because in relativity, two events which are simultaneous in one reference frame are not guaranteed to be simultaneous in another reference frame.  It is possible to have one reference frame in which two events are simultaneous, and a second reference frame in which those same two events are not simultaneous, and therefore information passing from one point instantly to another in the first will be traveling backwards in time in the second.

So, what you are saying is, as an example, a world, deep within a high gravity well, where time has been slowed down, receiving a transmission from between two other locations, whose time reference frame, may be in a simultaneous synchronicity, may receive those same batches of information out of sequence, or even backwards?  That could be a possibility, but so long as the initial transmission or sequence did not start in a reference time prior to that of the ACTUAL transmission, relative to the receiving planet, again, I see no actual paradox issues.

In fact, in computer networking, after the initial beginning of communications, data packets are often transmitted out of sequence, although I imaging this is not quite the same situation.

What it appears to be is, that this is an argument that is essentially saying that any form of information cannot be received over extended distances in a simultaneous fashion, due to the fact that it may go faster than the velocity of light, regardless of whether those two points share the same temporal reference frames.

As an example; say a method of transmitting messages from Earth to Mars were discovered that could reduce the relative delay from between four to twenty-four minutes, down to a delay of two to twelve seconds, this would be impossible as it would exceed the velocity of light, and thus, somehow, violate relativity?

I suspect the truth is much more complicated, but so long as messages are received as, or after they are transmitted, even if the time is compressed between the two locations, I doubt that any causality violations would be in effect.  Causality violations could be in effect for any place where time is flowing in the opposite direction, relative to the transmitting and receiving locations, but other than that, even if the information is received in Planck Time, between the two locations, I don't see how this would be a causality violation.

It would only become an issue if the information transmitted were to arrive prior to it actually being sent.  So, unless information is somehow intrinsically linked to the velocity of light, which quantum entanglement seems to violate, then I'm not really certain how this could violate causality.

Sorry for repeating myself in different ways here, but I wanted to make certain it was understood that I am stating, the reception of the transmitted information would occur AFTER it has actually been sent, relative to the point of origin.  I suspect that even after some form of "FTL" travel is developed, so long as the arrival of a craft sent, is after it left, relative to the origin time frame, there should be no issues.

I don't recall any math, other than that of Special and General Relativity, that actually comes close to covering this, and even then, the concept of Einstein-Rosen Bridges seems to violate this rather profoundly.
My God!  It's full of universes!

Offline meberbs

« Reply #9 on: 05/04/2017 07:14 pm »

Advanced waves is one explanation/interpretation of how entanglement works.

This is true.

When you talk about advanced waves you are talking about entanglement.

This is not true. Read the original Wheeler-Feynman 1945 paper. There is no mention of entanglement there. The concept of advanced waves emerges from classical electrodynamics (advanced solutions of Maxwell’s equations), long before the emergence of quantum mechanics.
Except there are things like self-interaction that we now know to exist that are not part of that original theory. Please provide a modern reference if you think my statement is not valid, the theory of quantum electrodynamics was only just being developed in the 1940s, so of course a 1945 paper would be lacking.

I am well aware of the advanced wave solutions to Maxwell's equations, but these are non-physical (Except interpretations where they get tied in with quantum mechanics as above). If you want to claim that they are physical, you have to both explain how to detect them, and why they haven't ever been detected.

Offline meberbs

« Reply #10 on: 05/04/2017 07:51 pm »
pulses in duration of 6 ns to 24 ns, wavelength from 91 cm to 200 cm
What magical piece of hardware do you think is capable of such a thing? While not directly breaking physical laws, any produced signal is guaranteed to include spurious effects.

Maybe I'll read in detail later to see what other mistakes you made.

Edit: Also, this doesn't explain why this hasn't been noticed by anyone using advanced radars, and RF communication equipment.
« Last Edit: 05/04/2017 07:58 pm by meberbs »

Offline meberbs

« Reply #11 on: 05/04/2017 08:47 pm »
There was not just one run, but many runs with different pulse durations, performed at different wavelengths with different parts of equipment.
And in what way does this change the fact that you are running equipment in a regime guaranteed to generate spurious effects. (Skimming the paper it looks like you are way, way short on doing actual data analysis, and had many null results that you are effectively ignoring.)
The answer is in the paper. One of the reasons is, if you use a receiving antenna of the appropriate size, you can’t detect advanced waves. There are two more reasons explained in the paper.
I didn't notice any other reasons when skimming the paper. This reason seem to amount to saying that the advanced waves will be proportional to the amount of emitted energy that will never be absorbed in the future. This amount is effectively 0, and it doesn't matter where you point the antenna. (You have heard of the Hubble Ultra Deep Field image right?)

Offline meberbs

« Reply #12 on: 05/05/2017 12:37 am »
And in what way does this change the fact that you are running equipment in a regime guaranteed to generate spurious effects. (Skimming the paper it looks like you are way, way short on doing actual data analysis, and had many null results that you are effectively ignoring.)

But if I’m running equipment in a regime guaranteed to generate spurious effects, why I don't see those effects constantly? The null results only appear if the following conditions are not met:

1.  The experiment is carried out at wavelengths greater than 21 cm.   
2. The detection is done with a λ/6.7 or smaller antenna.
3. The antennas are placed so that a line connecting them, when extended behind the receiving antenna, points to the sky at an angle of at least 3° above the horizon (In favorable weather conditions).

I didn't notice any other reasons when skimming the paper. This reason seem to amount to saying that the advanced waves will be proportional to the amount of emitted energy that will never be absorbed in the future. This amount is effectively 0, and it doesn't matter where you point the antenna. (You have heard of the Hubble Ultra Deep Field image right?)

The key part here is “that will never be absorbed in the future”. The Hubble Ultra Deep Field image is image of the past. From Wikipedia: Looking back approximately 13 billion years (between 400 and 800 million years after the Big Bang) it has been used to search for galaxies that existed at that time.
Figures 2A, 3B and 3C clearly show false positives, because the signals are aligned in phase, which is not expected in general if they were advanced waves. Some of the other figures seem to show this as well, but are less clear if this is the case. There are plenty of reasons the different configurations you list could make the signal come and go, there is nowhere near enough data in the paper to make any conclusions, and based on what data is there your judgment of the presence of a signal seems biased.

Also the matter from the galaxies in the Hubble images are still there today, and will still be there in 13 billion years. (Sure, stars will have died, and new ones born, but so what?) You contesting on this point makes it seem like you aren't bothering with critical thinking.

Offline meberbs

« Reply #13 on: 05/05/2017 02:32 pm »
Figures 2A, 3B and 3C clearly show false positives, because the signals are aligned in phase, which is not expected in general if they were advanced waves. Some of the other figures seem to show this as well, but are less clear if this is the case.

The signals can be in phase or out of phase, it depends on exact distance between the antennas at a certain wavelength. When I slowly increase (or decrease) this distance, signals come out of phase, and then in phase, and so on.
Strange coincidence that this doesn't seem to be reflected in any of your pictures.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough before: The data in your paper does not look like valid signals, but you claim it is, the only available conclusion for anyone else is that you don't know what good data looks like, and all of your conclusions must be doubted. It only makes sense for the paper to include your clearest examples, and since those examples are bad, why should I believe that you just didn't share your good data before?

There are plenty of reasons the different configurations you list could make the signal come and go, there is nowhere near enough data in the paper to make any conclusions, and based on what data is there your judgment of the presence of a signal seems biased.

Can you list some of these reasons?
Antenna patterns, reflections/interference, other subtle things that move when you move/swap antennas, changing effects of your equipment when you change frequencies. A proper, detailed list is impossible with the information available to me.

Also the matter from the galaxies in the Hubble images are still there today, and will still be there in 13 billion years. (Sure, stars will have died, and new ones born, but so what?) You contesting on this point makes it seem like you aren't bothering with critical thinking.

The idea that the ever-expanding universe is transparent to electromagnetic radiation of certain wavelengths is not mine. See for example: Davies (1972) “Is the universe transparent or opaque?”
Sorry, less than 50% absorbed ever is not a realistic expectation. Also, the cosmological constant was assumed to be 0 until the 90s, so you again need to be using references that aren't from before directly relevant knowledge became available. (And yes, the accelerating expansion probably is in your favor, but I am not going to bother reading a paper that I know is based on inaccurate data, when the answer clearly is not 0 or 100% transparent and whatever result he came up with is guaranteed to not be correct.)

Offline meberbs

« Reply #14 on: 05/06/2017 12:44 am »
I think we should take a step back and review some of what has already been posted:

- If what you are claiming is true. then you have invented a way to send messages to the past. In other words, time travel.
- The theory you are basing this on has been demonstrated as inconsistent with known effects. The places where a version of this theory is still meaningful (specific interpretations of quantum) explicitly disallow the observation of what you are claiming.
-While you have admitted that your results could be systematic error, you seem to reject any proposal I make about them being systematic error. (If you hadn't at least claimed to be open to accepting that what you have is systematic error, I wouldn't still be here.)

While you think your results are worth follow-up, you are not accounting for the odds that you just invented time travel, which is very close to 0, making the odds of systematic error approximately 1.

As to your most recent points, I haven't measured the wavelengths on your graphs you just posted, but glancing at them does not make it obvious that they aren't in phase. There is some weirdness in the gif, but I think it doesn't quite match what I would expect if the phases were misaligned. Measuring these will be complicated by the fact you don't have constant frequency pulses due to the aforementioned limitations of your wavelength and pulse length choice.

Also, what are you changing in that gif? It really doesn't seem consistent with any of your major variables.

The paper you just cited has some useful information, but it is for old light that reaches Earth. They explicitly expected different results if you change frequency (RF instead of optical) and does not all cover how much of your emitted energy hits stars, planets, nebula, etc.

Also, probably the bigger problem is attenuation in Earth atmosphere, ionospheric refraction, and the original absorption by your antenna. That means that the largest magnitudes you show should be impossible even if the theory you were using had value, and ignoring the time travel.

Offline as58

• Liked: 300
  • Likes Given: 186
« Reply #15 on: 05/06/2017 07:16 am »
The paper you just cited has some useful information, but it is for old light that reaches Earth. They explicitly expected different results if you change frequency (RF instead of optical) and does not all cover how much of your emitted energy hits stars, planets, nebula, etc.

I wouldn't think there to be too much frequency dependence. In most directions (that don't hit stars, particularly dense clouds, etc.) the universe has been very transparent since recombination at z~1100. In fact, I don't understand at all Fearn's claims about 21 cm absorption. There's just not that much HI to absorb everything. For one, most of the hydrogen has been ionised since z~8.

Offline Stormbringer

• Liked: 239
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: 05/06/2017 11:46 am »
Some day something like this will lead to an ansible:  https://phys.org/news/2017-05-counterfactual-quantum.html

Using this effect, the authors of the new study achieved direct communication between sites without carrier particle transmission.

When antigravity is outlawed only outlaws will have antigravity.

Offline robert_d

• Liked: 72
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #17 on: 05/06/2017 02:24 pm »

I am still confused because you have an implied parameter. Not only are the two events no longer simultaneous but that event A in reference frame one precedes event B while the opposite can happen in reference frame two? And that the two events can convey that information to each other?

Does not matter what a third party observer can detect, that does not imply FTL communication.

Offline meberbs

« Reply #18 on: 05/06/2017 05:07 pm »

I am still confused because you have an implied parameter. Not only are the two events no longer simultaneous but that event A in reference frame one precedes event B while the opposite can happen in reference frame two? And that the two events can convey that information to each other?

Does not matter what a third party observer can detect, that does not imply FTL communication.
All inertial reference frames are equally valid, that is the basis of special relativity. If two events happen at the same time in one reference frame, there are reference frames where either  event happens before the other. Note, that this is not "when they appear to happen due to speed of light delay of information reaching one observer, but when they actually happened after any such delays are accounted for.

To turn an ansible into a practical time travel communication device, it generally is simplest to add in a third party as a relay:
-Person A sends person B a message, which is then received at the same time (any amount FTL works, but just assuming instantaneous is simpler)
-Person B forwards the message to Person C who is moving in a reference frame where Person A received the message 5 minutes before Person A sent it.
-Person C forwards the message back to person A, 5 minutes before Person A writes the message.

Offline meberbs

« Reply #19 on: 05/06/2017 05:27 pm »
I agree that it is more likely a systematic error than a real effect. But although the odds are small, I think that it’s worth redoing with other equipment, to determine whether this is real or not, considering that it is a simple and inexpensive experiment.
I am not sure what you think are the small odds, or "inexpensive experiment," but while impossible to quantify, I would put the odds somewhere around one in 10^20 to 1 in 10^100. I wouldn't put $100 on it, let alone thousands of dollars of RF equipment.

Also, what are you changing in that gif? It really doesn't seem consistent with any of your major variables.

Absolutely nothing!  I was 10 meters away, and nothing was changed near the experiment. That is 8 times accelerated, 80-second clip, from one hour video, compressed to 10 seconds. This cyclically repeated more than one hour. My guess is that this is a consequence of sporadic E fading, caused by an unusual condition in the lower ionosphere layer.
When your signal amplitude varies that wildly when you aren't changing anything, it means you have an unaccounted for error of about 100%. This means claiming even 1 sigma above noise would be wrong. Before that gif I had assumed that you were just doing one pulse at a time, using a continuous repeated pulse (what was the period?) Brings up many multiple additional mechanisms by which systematic errors could cause this result.

If you really agree with the fact that your experiment is probably a systematic error, you should be trying to help figure out what that error is. Unless you start doing so, I am done with this conversation.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography