I started decals on the Saturn VB using the decals from the Airfix model. I decided to move the "USA" and flag on the S-1C so they are visible between the SRBs. I need to get some black decals to make the SRB stripes I want to do, and add "LOADED" marking to them.
I also made up a serial number for the stack, and not just the first stage. Working from the mention of the serial number for the exploding Saturn VB in the book, SA-5B04, I made a list of flight vehicles assuming the unmanned launch was the second launch. I would assume more would have been made of the explosion if it had been the first flight.
SA-5B03:1st unmanned test
SA-5B04:2nd unmanned test, exploded
SA-5B05:3rd unmanned test flight. This was not scheduled as unmanned, but was needed to recover from the explosion, which is why York's cold soak flight is cancelled.
SA-5B06:1st manned flight
SA-5B07:Unmanned test of MEM
SA-5B08:Manned test flight of MEM 009 "Iowa" Crew: Crippen, Bleeker, Gershon
SA-5B09:Manned landing test of MEM 010. Crew: John Young...rest unknown
SA-5B10-SA-5B19: 9 construction and fueling flights for the ARES.
SA-5B20:Crew launch for ARES Crew: Stone, Gershon, York.
So, I made the serial number SA-5B20!
Who knows if it is correct! I have no idea what happened to vehicles SA-5B01 and 02! And yes, I know it should only be the serial number of the first stage, but I wanted the "5B" on there someplace.