Author Topic: LIVE: TG-2 Tiangong-2 - CZ-2F/T2 - JSLC - September 15, 2016 (14:04 UTC)  (Read 203934 times)

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 16
China to conduct brain-computer interaction experiments on Tiangong-2
by People's Daily
September 18, 2016
Share0 Tweet0 Share0 Email0 Share2
image: http://www.mb.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/china-launches-tiangong-2-liftoff_mb.jpg

China's Tiangong-2 space laboratory for astronauts launches into space atop a Long March 2F rocket in this view from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China on Sept. 15, 2016. Credit: China Manned Space Program | space.com | mb.com.ph
China’s Tiangong-2 space laboratory for astronauts launches into space atop a Long March 2F rocket in this view from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China on Sept. 15, 2016.
Credit: China Manned Space Program | space.com | mb.com.ph
Tiangong-2, China’s first space lab in a real sense, was successfully launched into space on Sept. 15. A brain-computer interaction test system, developed by Tianjin University and installed in the lab, will conduct a series of experiments in space.

Ming Dong, the leader of the research team in charge of the brain-computer test system, said that brain-computer interaction will eventually be the highest form of human-machine communication. China will conduct the first ever space brain-machine interaction experiments, ahead even of developed countries.

The brain-computer interaction test system in Tiangong-2 boasts 64 national patents. The research team has long been devoted to the research of brain-computer interactions, previously developing two idiodynamic artificial neuron robotic systems that can help with the rehabilitation of stroke patients.

The brain-computer interaction technology will also help Tiangong-2 astronauts to more easily accomplish their assigned tasks.
For instance, Ming explained that brain-computer interaction can transfer the astronauts’ thoughts into operations, while at the same time monitoring their neurological function.

Read more at http://www.mb.com.ph/china-to-conduct-brain-computer-interaction-experiments-on-tiangong-2/#QUlWAMWhUfFPRIM7.99

Offline Chris Bergin

Check out the start of the video!! ;)

Massive LOLZ. ;D

That's the front page of the site and shows our twitter followers. Imagine if NASA only had 16,700 followers! ;D
« Last Edit: 09/19/2016 06:46 pm by Chris Bergin »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline eeergo

The other half of the fairing has also been retrieved...

dragged by a tractor across the field  ;D
-DaviD-

Offline jcm

• Jonathan McDowell
  • Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
    • Jonathan's Space Report
  • Liked: 1290
  • Likes Given: 775
Space-Track is still confused about the objects from this launch.

Until today, objects A, D, E and F were the motor separation covers
Object B/41766 is Tiangong. Object C was, until today, the rocket second stage.

With the latest TLEs it looks like the rocket orbit is now being issued as object A (41765)
and what was A, which has already reentered, will be retrospectively considered to be C.

But probably tomorrow they'll further swap A and B so that the payload ends up as A.  Maybe.
For the time being, observers wanting to look at Tiangong should use TLEs for 41766.

-----------------------------

Jonathan McDowell
http://planet4589.org

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 32738
  • Likes Given: 8196
Tianhe space station???

That's the name of the core module, which I'm using as the name of the modular space station, similar to how Mir was name after its core module. Just using Tian Gong might cause confusion, unless they call the modular space station Tian Gong 3.
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
I will call the modular station the Tiangong Complex.

For some reason the Zarya Complex never caught on for what is now called ISS. :(
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1969
  • Likes Given: 1156
Tianhe space station???

That's the name of the core module, which I'm using as the name of the modular space station, similar to how Mir was name after its core module. Just using Tian Gong might cause confusion, unless they call the modular space station Tian Gong 3.

Steven, have you check the link? Tiangong IS the name of the modular complex given by the Chinese, no confusion here.

Offline jcm

• Jonathan McDowell
  • Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
    • Jonathan's Space Report
  • Liked: 1290
  • Likes Given: 775
Space-Track is still confused about the objects from this launch.

Until today, objects A, D, E and F were the motor separation covers
Object B/41766 is Tiangong. Object C was, until today, the rocket second stage.

With the latest TLEs it looks like the rocket orbit is now being issued as object A (41765)
and what was A, which has already reentered, will be retrospectively considered to be C.

But probably tomorrow they'll further swap A and B so that the payload ends up as A.  Maybe.
For the time being, observers wanting to look at Tiangong should use TLEs for 41766.

And indeed A and B have now been swapped so from today onwards it's

41765  57A   Tiangong
41766  57B   CZ-2F 2nd stage
41767  57C   sep motor cover
41768  Not allocated - reserved for BX-1 perhaps?
41778  57D   sep motor cover
41779  57E    sep motor cover
41780  57F    sep motor cover
41781  57G    small debris, reentered quickly

Be very careful however with TLEs issued prior to Sep 20.

It appears that C and F reentered Sep 18, G reentered Sep 16, and D on Sep 19. But Space-Track has not yet issued decay notices for any of these objects

Tiangong-2 is in a 370 x 378 x 42.8 deg orbit at this time.
-----------------------------

Jonathan McDowell
http://planet4589.org

Offline DF2MZ

• Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 0
I can positively confirm that Tiangong-2 is now Object A / 41765. I can receive Tiangong-2's S-Band signals on 2232.22 MHz and on 2250.70 MHz. Doppler correction with the respective TLE is very accurate. Tiangong-1 was using the same frequencies.

Yesterday reception was only possible using TLE from Object B/41766. They swapped the numbers.
« Last Edit: 09/21/2016 07:00 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline lucspace

• Hilversum, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 179
  • Likes Given: 3

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
On September 22 all the tests and experiments were activated on the Tiangong-2 space lab.

« Last Edit: 09/23/2016 01:35 pm by Satori »

Online Satori

• Global Moderator

Online Satori

• Global Moderator

Online ace5

• Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 62
TG-2´s antenna dish is extensible

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
On September 25 the orbit of Tiangong 2 was raised from 92.16 min, 374-387 km to 92.27 min, 382-389 km.   This is slightly above the altitude for a 46-circuits repeating orbit (period 92.249 min).

This repeating pattern means that launch opportunities (as do notional landing opportunities) come at three-day intervals, but approx. 76.5 minutes earlier in the day for each opportunity.

Have the Chinese announced the time of this manoeuvre please?   We seem to have had the times of the previous manoeuvres announced.
« Last Edit: 09/29/2016 04:47 pm by Phillip Clark »

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
Continuing from my last post, this is what I have just posted on Facebook:

"A Shenzhou 11 calculation, although it will be a few minutes in error because of current uncertainties. In my paper about Tiangong 1 I showed that a simple formula could be used to calculate the flight times of Shenzhou visits to the laboratory. Using the same logic the formula for Tiangong 2 missions with the different repeating orbit pattern should be close to 20h 54m + 70.7416*k hours where k is an integer. For the higher orbit the first term will probably be a few minutes longer than 20h 54m. For k = 11 the Shenzhou 11 flight should last approx 33d 7h 4m which fits with nearly two days to reach the lab, a residency of ~30 days and a day for the return to Earth. I wonder how wrong I will be."

The paper I refer to is the Tiangong 1 analysis which I presented at the British Interplanetary Society's Sovit/Russian and Chinese space conference in May this year: the paper is awaiting publication.

Online Liss

• Moscow, Russia
  • Liked: 1084
  • Likes Given: 88
That's way too close for a rocket like this.
Remote camera. No chance the reporter was at this distance.
Don't know of CZ-2F but my boss Igor Marinin several times observed and filmed Soyuz launch from 70 meters. He's still alive and not deaf.
This message reflects my personal opinion based on open sources of information.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
I have not seen it commented on here, but there was something interesting in the Tiangong 2 pre-launch discussion on CCTV.

It was said that the increase in scientific equipment on Tiangong meant that it was launched partially-fueled and that Tianzhou 1 will carry the propellant to fill up the tanks on Tiangong.

Of course, this might be a garbled story and all that it means is that Tianzhou will replace the propellant which has been used on Tiangong and that the latter was actually launched with its full propellant load.

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4673
  • Likes Given: 768
I have not seen it commented on here, but there was something interesting in the Tiangong 2 pre-launch discussion on CCTV.

It was said that the increase in scientific equipment on Tiangong meant that it was launched partially-fueled and that Tianzhou 1 will carry the propellant to fill up the tanks on Tiangong.

Of course, this might be a garbled story and all that it means is that Tianzhou will replace the propellant which has been used on Tiangong and that the latter was actually launched with its full propellant load.
I have heard the same but have not seen anything officially confirming it except that TZ-1's prop transfer is considered very important to ensure that TG-2's semi-manned/autonomous instruments complete their planned full duration mission. I have also heard a couple of years previously that TZ-1 is also sporting its own compliment of instruments.

Offline hal9000

• Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0

Interview with chief designer of Tiangong-2

http://china.org.cn/china/2016-10/14/content_39487895.htm

Most interesting comment for me was:

"Zhu added that Tiangong 2 will have no other mission after it docks with Tianzhou 1 next year."

which indicates no Shenzhou-12 visit.    Pity.

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography