Author Topic: NASASpaceflight L2 - Overview and Q&A  (Read 166320 times)

Offline George CA

• Veteran
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 58
Re: NASASpaceflight L2 - Overview and Q&A (Updated)
« Reply #40 on: 11/19/2007 06:49 pm »
I see you don't get many PMs Chris ;) Nearly 3000??
"One Percent for Space"

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #41 on: 11/19/2007 08:00 pm »
George CA - 19/11/2007  7:49 PM

I see you don't get many PMs Chris ;) Nearly 3000??

And I keep deleting it back!  :laugh:
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline AresWatcher

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: 11/20/2007 04:28 pm »
Chris, love the site, decided to log in and look at L2. Question about the videos. Are they attached like in the second post of this thread, as in are they downloadable, rather than someone you can only play in the screen of the site?
"One Percent for Space"

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #43 on: 11/20/2007 04:53 pm »
AresWatcher - 20/11/2007  5:28 PM

Chris, love the site, decided to log in and look at L2. Question about the videos. Are they attached like in the second post of this thread, as in are they downloadable, rather than someone you can only play in the screen of the site?

Welcome to the site. Yes, they are all downloadable. Nothing is played "in screen" click a download link, download to your hard drive, play as much as you want.
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline AresWatcher

« Reply #44 on: 12/04/2007 12:01 pm »
Chris Bergin - 20/11/2007  11:53 AM

Welcome to the site. Yes, they are all downloadable. Nothing is played "in screen" click a download link, download to your hard drive, play as much as you want.

Been on for a couple of weeks and I recommend it highly. Going to need an external hard drive!
"One Percent for Space"

Offline STS Tony

• Extreme Veteran
  • Los Angeles
  • Liked: 53
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #45 on: 12/06/2007 01:24 am »
AresWatcher - 4/12/2007  7:01 AM

Chris Bergin - 20/11/2007  11:53 AM

Been on for a couple of weeks and I recommend it highly. Going to need an external hard drive!

I've got five data DVDs filled :)

Offline cantuezel

RE: NASASpaceflight L2 - Overview and Q&A (Updated)
« Reply #46 on: 12/07/2007 09:52 pm »
Hi,

just registered to L2 restricted site, very nice indeed!. I heard that there are two very nice incockpit videos (besode of many others), one Endeveour(?) reentry vid (2h full time long) with plasma outside and another full time reentry vid.from deorbit til landing.

I dont know the Title of the vids (nor the STS No.). Could someone just post the title for that videos so that I am able to search for that vids on the multimedia-section of L2.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Can
PS: Respect for the L2-URL, Chris!  :laugh:

Offline Skinny

• NSF Webmaster
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #47 on: 12/07/2007 09:55 pm »

Just use the Tag Cloud (in top menu) to easily find the videos (or other info) you are looking for. In this case, click Video and then Landing and the videos are right there.

-Mark

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #48 on: 12/07/2007 10:03 pm »
cantuezel - 7/12/2007  10:52 PM

Hi,

just registered to L2 restricted site, very nice indeed!. I heard that there are two very nice incockpit videos (besode of many others), one Endeveour(?) reentry vid (2h full time long) with plasma outside and another full time reentry vid.from deorbit til landing.

I dont know the Title of the vids (nor the STS No.). Could someone just post the title for that videos so that I am able to search for that vids on the multimedia-section of L2.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Can
PS: Respect for the L2-URL, Chris!  :laugh:

Welcome :)

I've sent you a PM to help: http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/inbox.asp

Offline apollo13

• Regular
L2 Payment...
« Reply #49 on: 12/09/2007 12:06 am »
There is no place to put my user-name, there is no Payment Notes area, do I need my parents to create an account to see the payment notes part?

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #50 on: 12/09/2007 04:04 am »
apollo13 - 9/12/2007  1:06 AM

There is no place to put my user-name, there is no Payment Notes area, do I need my parents to create an account to see the payment notes part?

Don't worry about entering it, as we have the back up of manually finding your details. No mailbots on this :)

When some people don't see that "box" to enter the username into, we cross reference manually. We only ask as it speeds up the process, but we'll always manually ensure you are upgraded.

I've added you on MSN to help talk you through it if you get stuck.

Offline Jason Davies

• Regular
  • Liked: 66
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #51 on: 12/18/2007 10:47 pm »
How long will the site be shut down for over the holidays? I know a lot of sites do, so wondering how long this one will be?

Offline Andrewwski

• Parrothead
  • Buffalo, NY
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #52 on: 12/18/2007 10:54 pm »
I'm going make a guess and say not at all.
NEW MUSIC VIDEO:
STS-125 DREAMS in HD!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #53 on: 12/18/2007 10:54 pm »
Jason Davies - 18/12/2007  11:47 PM

How long will the site be shut down for over the holidays? I know a lot of sites do, so wondering how long this one will be?

We're an all year - 24/7 site.

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 21451
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #54 on: 12/19/2007 12:06 am »
Chris Bergin - 18/12/2007  6:54 PM

But most of the aerospace business will be shutdown

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #55 on: 12/19/2007 12:41 pm »
Jim - 19/12/2007  1:06 AM

Chris Bergin - 18/12/2007  6:54 PM

But most of the aerospace business will be shutdown

We won't be....as that's not entirely correct. We've got tons of content to come (and expect it still to be coming in through to Christmas Eve. There's a Russian launch on Christmas Day and I know at least three NASA centers working through Christmas with STS-122 and there's examples like MSFC taking just the 24th and 25th off).

Offline bobblebob

« Reply #56 on: 12/23/2007 10:57 pm »
Seriously thinking about signing up to L2 but have a couple of questions if thats ok:

1) I live in the UK, will i still be able to pay and sign up?
2) How active are the forums over at L2?
3) From what ive read there is alot of info available, will it take over my life and will i get addicted to L2 ;) ?

Cheers

Offline Gary

« Reply #57 on: 12/23/2007 11:08 pm »
I'm in the UK and on L2. Chris made it very easy for me to sign up.
The forums are very active when there is a mission or mission troubleshooting but even where there isn't there is a still fresh content.
And for your last question - YES.

Offline Mark Max Q

• Going Supersonic
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #58 on: 12/23/2007 11:38 pm »
Gary - 23/12/2007  6:08 PM

I'm in the UK and on L2. Chris made it very easy for me to sign up.
The forums are very active when there is a mission or mission troubleshooting but even where there isn't there is a still fresh content.
And for your last question - YES.

What he said :)

Doesn't matter what country you're in. It automatically converts it on paypal, and the Brits have a great exchange rate. Apparently showing if you pay the 19.99 for two months, you'd only be charged nine pounds. And so on.

L2 rocks. It's not just the content, as it seems to be on the adverts, it's the real NASA and Shuttle engineers who are on there talking us all through the information and presentations. Very interactive, you can ask questions, you can even request stuff on the shopping lists and so on.

Offline Ford Mustang

• Live Coverage Editor
  • Global Moderator
  • Virginia
    • Astro95Media
  • Liked: 375
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #59 on: 12/23/2007 11:43 pm »
bobblebob - 23/12/2007  6:57 PM

Seriously thinking about signing up to L2 but have a couple of questions if thats ok:

1) I live in the UK, will i still be able to pay and sign up?
2) How active are the forums over at L2?
3) From what ive read there is alot of info available, will it take over my life and will i get addicted to L2 ;) ?

Cheers

I know Gary answered, but..  I feel like puttin' my two cents in.  :laugh:

1) Yep.  You will.

2) Very.  When there's a mission going on, you get up to the minute updates (as they come in to the people WORKING for the Shuttle and such), and even updates that other sites don't get for hours.  NSF is truly the master at getting information.

3) Yes, there is a lot of information available.  It will get you addicted.  When I get on, I check the mission pages on L2 and then the other forums.  I'm hooked for life.  ;)

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography