Author Topic: Send your best wishes to SpaceX thread  (Read 65846 times)

Online chawleysnow

• California, USA
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 46
Re: Send your best wishes to SpaceX thread
« Reply #100 on: 06/28/2015 11:01 pm »
S#!t happens. Launch, land, and relaunch.

In all seriousness, I know at least one person who works in Hawthorne who was pretty gutted after this morning. The night is darkest before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Offline funkyjive

• Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #101 on: 06/28/2015 11:11 pm »
Always a bad day to see these events happen and I wish them a fast recovery.

On a side note, it's very interesting to see how people are reacting so differently than when Antares had it's accident. I swear a falcon 9 could hit a school bus full of underprivileged kids on their way to Disney World and the spacex amazing peoples would still say "ohhhh it's ok, it's actually a good thing because of X and Y!"

Offline Elmar Moelzer

• Liked: 849
  • Likes Given: 1062
« Reply #102 on: 06/28/2015 11:20 pm »
Poor Elon sure was hoping for a better birthday :(
I hope that they will be able to quickly find and fix the problem. So that they can be back in business and at the launch pad again soon.

Offline Razvan

• United States
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #103 on: 06/28/2015 11:34 pm »
I am a SpaceX fan. Not because I have an interest of any kind, or mystical beliefs, but I do have a high esteem for the work they do, for their dedication to the space industry, to the innovation, and  support of this great Country and its people.
I regard SpaceX as the promoter of the most daring spirit of the human kind, the kind of spirit shining out of darkness and reverberating the essence of the pioneers and discoverers of new worlds.
The Universe, the outer space is something so powerful and frightening when contemplating its grandeur that it takes something of Gods nature to think to its conquest. And yet, SpaceX's dream is our dream, nothing else but the drive finally giving us a reason for being alive.

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 2539
  • Likes Given: 8273
« Reply #104 on: 06/28/2015 11:45 pm »
Everybody has to go through this eventually in this business. SpaceX has shown with Falcon 1 that they simply won't give up and will eventually success and this is the time to tap that extra strength reserve because now is when the great differentiate from the simply good.

Offline Henchman21

• Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #105 on: 06/29/2015 12:47 am »
Sorry to see falcon lose her launch streak, Maybe Spacex could use one of these, seemed to work for the first martian in Futurama!

In all seriousness though Spacex Our thoughts and prayers are with you every step of the way. Of course we still love you.

Offline deadshot462

• Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #106 on: 06/29/2015 01:18 am »
Sorry this happened, thankfully no one was hurt and this will make F9 even safer for crewed missions.

Happy birthday Elon, what a crazy coincidence.

Offline llanitedave

• Nevada Desert
  • Liked: 1545
  • Likes Given: 2052
« Reply #107 on: 06/29/2015 01:22 am »
SpaceX has been down before, but didn't go out.  They won't this time either.  Hopefully Elon's 45th birthday will be much happier.
"I've just abducted an alien -- now what?"

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia
  • Liked: 659
  • Likes Given: 7691
« Reply #108 on: 06/29/2015 01:26 am »
Best wishes to SpaceX for a speedy recovery to flight & chin up to the teams working the days and nights to get to this point - she looked beautiful coming up off the pad.

Space is hard as we all know, and SpaceX will get through this.
So say we all.

Offline GalacticIntruder

• Pet Peeve:I hate the word Downcomer. Ban it.
  • Huntsville, AL
  • Liked: 247
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #109 on: 06/29/2015 01:29 am »
My best wishes (or condolences) to the certain engineers and technicians who are getting the full wrath of Musk's disappointment. I can only guess how bad it is right now.
"And now the Sun will fade, All we are is all we made." Breaking Benjamin

Offline cscott

• Liked: 2867
  • Likes Given: 726
« Reply #110 on: 06/29/2015 02:47 am »
This Sadness will make your eventual Joy that much sweeter.  My toddler son and I watched the launch this morning, wearing my lucky SpaceX shirt (you guys don't sell them in toddler sizes, or he'd be wearing a lucky shirt too).  Luck wasn't enough this morning, but I'm confident solid engineering eventually will be quite sufficient to bring you all through this.  Here's to my son seeing SpaceX on Mars.  Maybe he'll even get a chance to go there himself.

Offline Encelade

• Paris
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #111 on: 06/29/2015 10:23 am »
Sad day for space exploration.
I'd like to extend these wishes to Orbital, Roscosmos... and all the scientific teams who had devices and experiments on board of the failed missions.

It's a sober and humbling reminder of how difficult it is to launch vehicles in space. It's easy to brush away success (like the Ariane, Soyuz, and Atlas records) as being boring, but each launch is an adventure.

As much as I appreciate Space X entrepreneurial spirit, I think they tried too much too fast with the Falcon (launch pad, fins, reusability).
« Last Edit: 06/29/2015 10:27 am by Encelade »

Offline Raj2014

• United Kingdom
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #112 on: 06/29/2015 11:03 am »
Life is full of failures and successes. I am sure SpaceX will learn from this and will be successful. All the best to them and for yesterday, Happy Birthday to Elon Musk.   
« Last Edit: 06/29/2015 11:17 am by Raj2014 »

Offline docmordrid

• Michigan
  • Liked: 4207
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #113 on: 06/29/2015 11:22 am »
Hang in there guys! I'll simply leave you with one of my favorite quotes,

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
~ Theodore Roosevelt

Now, go git 'em!
« Last Edit: 06/29/2015 11:23 am by docmordrid »
DM

Offline clongton

• Expert
  • Connecticut
    • Direct Launcher
  • Liked: 7347
  • Likes Given: 3749
« Reply #114 on: 06/29/2015 12:09 pm »
Working in the nuclear submarine industry, I know how unforgiving the environment is for vehicles operating at the bleeding edge of technology. I remember when we lost the Thresher (SSN593) on her deep diving test mission in April 1963. After all the shock and dismay was relieved, EB figured out why it happened, vowing that they would never again lose another vehicle, another crew, because of anything breaking in the vehicle design. And they succeeded beyond anyone’s wildest dreams. To this day, every designer, every engineer participates in an annual review of the loss, the physical cause and the program put in place to guarantee it never happens again. Until SpaceX came along I had not seen another company anywhere on earth so dedicated to the absolute technical excellence of its product. But you are. Now there are 2. I know you will learn the root cause. I know you will identify anyplace else in the vehicle that could be affected in the future by this cause and I know that you will fix it and return to flight. You will come out of this a better company with an even better product, and we will all be totally behind you, cheering you on as you once again lead the way into the future.
Chuck - DIRECT co-founder
I started my career on the Saturn-V F-1A engine

Offline wolfpack

• Wake Forest, NC
  • Liked: 159
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #115 on: 06/29/2015 01:56 pm »
I missed such a thread for Roscosmos when there Progress failed.... what is the difference ?

Yeah. I'd just use this one to say a collective "DANGIT!!!" (gotta keep it clean) for everyone over the course of the last year. 3 vehicles??? It's crazy. The gremlins have blown up a booster, flipped a spacecraft and now disintegrated a 2nd stage. Curse those little green men and get everyone back to flight.

Chin up, SpaceX. Same for Orb and Rosco. We'll all get better.

Offline Draggendrop

• Canada
  • Liked: 395
  • Likes Given: 524
« Reply #116 on: 06/29/2015 03:11 pm »
This event was traumatic....Huge SpaceX fan....had my guard down and got blindsided.......But deep down I know it will take a lot more than this to stop these guys..........they have a vision.........the future becons....

Online oldAtlas_Eguy

• Florida
  • Liked: 5005
  • Likes Given: 1444
« Reply #117 on: 06/29/2015 04:13 pm »
Best wishes to SpaceX. In the same words as Torry Bruno, it is indeed a heart breaking event for the SpaceX team.

This is from first hand experience for being part of the launch team for Atlas E/F when in 1980-81 3 launch failures occurred out of 4 launches in a row. Then in 1986 as part of the VAFB Space Shuttle Test Group (STG) experiencing the Challenger accident and knowing immediately what it meant for the VAFB Shuttle program.

Offline Joaosg

« Reply #118 on: 06/29/2015 06:08 pm »
Best wishes to SpaceX and all the folks that work there and are working day and night to find out what caused this.

Hope this setback can be an opportunity to improve F9 reliability and add new options in the future (some software update to this version of dragon that enables it to open chuts if FTS in S2 is activated and it's at >x km altitude) :)

Offline Kansan52

• Hutchinson, KS
  • Liked: 570
  • Likes Given: 539
« Reply #119 on: 06/29/2015 06:11 pm »
Good luck. We are pullimg for you!

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island