Author Topic: SpaceX EUTELSAT117/ABS2 "Fill the Hangar" Landing Bingo  (Read 190389 times)

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
Re: SpaceX EUTELSAT117/ABS2 "Fill the Hangar" Landing Bingo
« Reply #240 on: 06/17/2016 06:11 am »
Late posters, you can save your picks for the next round, the rules state if the stage doesn't return to port upright, it's a wave off and try next bingo...
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline Jarnis

• Liked: 830
  • Likes Given: 201
« Reply #241 on: 06/17/2016 07:56 am »
It fell over to the "no winners" square :)

Late posters, you can save your picks for the next round, the rules state if the stage doesn't return to port upright, it's a wave off and try next bingo...

Ah HA!  Jokes on you because that's exactly what I was hoping! :P

Seriously though, two or three bingo threads back I did a test and it turns out that not only was I able to make my post for bingo literally minutes after the livestream landing, but it was even counted; I then very much voiced concerns about this being an issue in the future.

So since I forgot to put in my bingo number for this round, I figured I'd see if anything has since changed with regards to this issue.  And while people like yourself are indeed doing the good work to count out any late entries, it turns out that http://asds.dansdoorway.com/ actually still counted my bingo pick!

Maybe it would be wise to implement into the actual bingo bot a cut-off function that can be activated right on liftoff or something?
« Last Edit: 06/18/2016 03:09 am by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Offline IntoTheVoid

• USA
  • Liked: 420
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #243 on: 06/18/2016 03:38 am »
Ah HA!  Jokes on you because that's exactly what I was hoping! :P

Seriously though, two or three bingo threads back I did a test and it turns out that not only was I able to make my post for bingo literally minutes after the livestream landing, but it was even counted; I then very much voiced concerns about this being an issue in the future.

So since I forgot to put in my bingo number for this round, I figured I'd see if anything has since changed with regards to this issue.  And while people like yourself are indeed doing the good work to count out any late entries, it turns out that http://asds.dansdoorway.com/ actually still counted my bingo pick!

As noted in the rules and quoted below, this thread is the official record, not the website; and Helodriver is the judge. The website is a convenient display tool so one doesn't need to read 20 pages of picks to try to find an available location. So, no, your late pick was not counted, it was merely displayed. In the past there has even been some delay between the new bingo starting and updating the website to the new thread. In that case, it was not old picks that counted but a need to manually scan the thread for a valid pick, which can be a nuisance. So, the website doesn't have problems, it remains an extremely helpful resource to assist you in making a valid selection in the appropriate forum thread.

This thread remains the official record of who chose what square when. For that reason any edited pick post is invalid.

Use Dan's scraper to see which spots have gone:

http://asds.dansdoorway.com

Judging is by me, Helodriver. I expect once again there will be many photographs and video of OCISLY sailing back into the harbor to help determine a winner. Maybe even a helpful rocketcam, helicopter or drone shot or two :)

Offline 411rocket

• Retired RCEME w/ tours in Cyprus, Croatia, Bosnia
  • Vancouver Island
  • Liked: 79
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #244 on: 08/10/2016 12:56 am »
A new round of Bingo, should be getting underway soon. As the ASDS, has headed out to sea, to get into position for the launch.....

If I remember correctly, we keep our current squares, as the last ASDS attempt fell down.

For those new to the game, choose an empty square, post it in this thread & DO NOT EDIT the post, otherwise your selection is now Void & someone else can snatch the square.

Offline mark_m

• Austin, Texas
  • Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 808
« Reply #245 on: 08/10/2016 01:12 am »
R-17 for me, thanks!

Offline nat.vincent

• Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #246 on: 08/10/2016 05:18 am »
S-21

Offline Babbaloo

• Australia
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #247 on: 08/10/2016 06:34 am »
S-22 Ta

Offline Earendil

O-13 please

Offline Herbie

• Virginia
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #249 on: 08/10/2016 01:10 pm »
N18

Offline chad1011

• Anderson, SC
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 423
« Reply #250 on: 08/10/2016 01:13 pm »
After weeks in port watching LZ-1 be the center of rocket landing attention, OCISLY is back at sea trying to catch another JCSAT. Like a Pokemon, OCISLY wants to catch them all! Here's to another successful attempt and another returned core!

The game remains exactly as played in prior iterations. If its not broke don't fix it. :)

- CRS-8 ( http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=39977.0 )
 - JCSAT-14 ( http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=40219.0 )

Pick your square, one per player. Closest square to the center engine when it comes to a halt gets the prize!

This includes post landing walkabouts!

No prize for fireballs, debris, or damage on deck!

If it hits the ship, goes kaboom, punctures holes in the deck, falls over in transit, or splashes down in the sea, there is no winner. Only a booster standing tall and triumphant as the ASDS sails into the harbor will generate a win!

Water squares are meaningless, if falls in the sea, no winners - no prize. Feel free to pick a water square just for "I told you so" bragging rights if you wish! ;)

This thread remains the official record of who chose what square when. For that reason any edited pick post is invalid.

Use Dan's scraper to see which spots have gone:

http://asds.dansdoorway.com

NOTE: There may sometimes be a slight delay of a few minutes at most between scraper updates, so check the last few posts before yours too, just to be sure. Scraper is operational as of this edit.  Thanks to DanielW for setting the scraper up, it helps a lot!

Judging is by me, Helodriver. I expect once again there will be many photographs and video of OCISLY sailing back into the harbor to help determine a winner. Maybe even a helpful rocketcam, helicopter or drone shot or two :)

Good luck SpaceX, Good luck JCSAT-16, and Good luck to NSF readers!

Post picks in this thread for JCSAT-16 http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=40894.0.
« Last Edit: 08/10/2016 01:17 pm by chad1011 »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography