Author Topic: SpaceX announce successful activation of Dragon’s CUCU onboard ISS  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Article:
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/03/spacex-activation-dragons-cucu-onboard-iss/

Wrote it up as we covered it ahead of STS-129, so it was nice to update things.

I took some content from a SpaceX presser that was sent out about 30 mins ago, located here:
http://spacex.com/press.php?page=20100329
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Sparky

• Connecticut
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Does anyone know where on station the CUCU will be located?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Garrett

• France
  • Liked: 128
  • Likes Given: 113
Nice update. Just goes to show how much planning is needed ahead of launches!

The description of the demo tests wasn't very clear to me. Looking on the Falcon 9 Wikipedia article, it'll only be the third demo test that will actually dock with the ISS, right?
- "Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist." - Indiana Jones

Online ugordan

• My mainly Cassini image gallery
  • Liked: 3543
  • Likes Given: 759
Looking on the Falcon 9 Wikipedia article, it'll only be the third demo test that will actually dock with the ISS, right?

Yes. Demo 2 would just close in to the vicinity of the station and maneuver around.

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48
  • Liked: 60431
  • Likes Given: 1305
 I'm a little surprised they're using half duplex for a relatively simple single channel system.  I suppose there might be a reason I'm not thinking of they wouldn't want to keep the carriers up full time during docking. Maybe the antennas are fairly low gain, so it would take more power than I realize at maximum distance.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography