Author Topic: Don't break the chain - let us know about your cubesat or microsat project/idea  (Read 1127 times)

Offline nadreck

So on this occasion of my 1000th post I felt a need for auspiciousness appropriate to the event.  So here I am starting a new thread.  There was an interesting OpEd I read today Did Elon Musk build a space exploration program and I thought the concepts deserved some discussion. I am posting it here because it really doesn't just refer to Elon, but to many individuals whom are seen as elemental to the future of humanity in space.

Quote from: Noah Smith
it's better to think of causality as a chain, rather than weights on a scale. When a chain pulls, you need every link to hold, or else the chain snaps. Asking "Which link is doing more of the pulling?" doesn't make sense.

My hat is off to all those people who have forged links in the chains that have gotten us thus far, and to those who still struggle to make more links and chains. I see one maker of links and chains headed towards a large goal that would send many people off Earth, I see several lower profile ones working towards technologies for Earth and cis-lunar space, and I see many individuals within large organizations but without enough control working towards smaller goals with far less surety but I know that many will make it through.  Finally there is opening up the cubesat era that allows many ideas to be experimented with within the budget of a modest group. We have many crowd funded projects there trying to start up.

So anyone with a cubesat or microsat project, how about chiming in here with some information about your project so I can get an inventory going of cubesat projects with a representative who can speak about the project, its needs and its goals. Lets see how many of the projects can end up with all the links in their chains and if there is any way to leverage this forum and the internet in general to make that happen.
« Last Edit: 08/13/2015 01:00 am by nadreck »
It is all well and good to quote those things that made it past your confirmation bias that other people wrote, but this is a discussion board damnit! Let us know what you think! And why!

Offline DatUser14

• Liked: 191
  • Likes Given: 651
It's not my project (I contacted them, haven't heard back) , but here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86010-KSP-Community-CubeSat
They are trying to build a 1U cubesat for a maybe? Phobos mission. It's science experiment involves observing several species of moss. More detailed info here: http://forums.mossat.org.
Titan IVB was a cool rocket

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography