Author Topic: Investing in Space 2.0, or how to sell AJR stock ...  (Read 696 times)

Offline Space Ghost 1962

• Whatcha gonna do when the Ghost zaps you?
  • Liked: 2164
  • Likes Given: 1571
Not for the weak of stomach ...
Space 2.0 - A Small Step For Tech Investors
Note - not the best of investment advice (debt structure, ratios, ... stock history, future outlook).

Looks like everyone wants to climb on the Musk bandwagon. Apparently he's not the only crazy one ...

Offline SWGlassPit

• I break space hardware
  • Liked: 249
  • Likes Given: 35
Re: Investing in Space 2.0, or how to sell AJR stock ...
« Reply #1 on: 10/02/2017 06:27 PM »
While the analysis seems detailed, it appears to fail to grasp the nuances of the industry and the key differences in what the various companies offer.

All that said, I'm reminded of this quote: "The best way to become an aerospace millionaire is to start off as an aerospace billionaire."

Offline deruch

• California
  • Liked: 1112
  • Likes Given: 1516
Re: Investing in Space 2.0, or how to sell AJR stock ...
« Reply #2 on: 10/11/2017 02:00 PM »
While the analysis seems detailed, it appears to fail to grasp the nuances of the industry and the key differences in what the various companies offer.

All that said, I'm reminded of this quote: "The best way to become an aerospace millionaire is to start off as an aerospace billionaire."

It's a droll quote and it surely captures the truth that financial success in the industry is pretty elusive, but I don't think it's factually true.  Which aerospace identities that started out as billionaires are now millionaires?  Musk, nope.  Allen, nope.  Bezos, nope.  Branson, nope. Beal Aerospace is gone but Andy Beal himself still has a net worth of $10B.  Heck, I'm pretty sure all of their net worths have gone up.  (For unrelated reasons though, of course.)
Shouldn't reality posts be in "Advanced concepts"?  --Nomadd

Tags: