Author Topic: IAC 2017 -- BFR v0.2 - DISCUSSION THREAD 2 (Post Speech)  (Read 84984 times)

Online jpo234

• Liked: 353
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: IAC 2017 -- BFR v0.2 - DISCUSSION THREAD 2 (Post Speech)
« Reply #860 on: 10/06/2017 07:48 AM »

An awful lot of talk in here about Musk not doing what he said. It's true that he has made statements and plans which he has changed when more information has been available. For me that's his strength not his weakness. His one unwavering goal is to be to create a completely reusable spaceship which can take large amounts of people and material to Mars.

John Maynard Keynes:
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?
You want to be inspired by things. You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great. That's what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It's about believing in the future and believing the future will be better than the past. And I can't think of anything more exciting than being out there among the stars.

Online Chris Bergin

Long, mass interest thread was always going to go off the rails at some point, as much as it's been moderated as a few "one on one" conversations were a mix of dragging the topic off course and unacceptable for the standards of this forum, including people quoting those bad posts, which you really shouldn't do (you were warned, in the opening post!) :)

So needs a new thread.

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=43920.0

This current thread is now locked.

Tags: