Author Topic: Soyuz salvage truck Zil 4906 with Soyuz capsule 1/25 paper model  (Read 795 times)

Offline Paper Kosmonaut

• Grunn NL
    • PK's blog
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 4
The last ten months I have been working on and off at the build of this big paper model of the "Bluebird", the Zil 4906. It is a 6x6 amphibian used to salvage the landed Soyuz capsule from the steppes of Kazakhstan.
The model is designed by MaksArt. I did a little redesigning here and there (the engine cover and the crane arms) but the accompanying Soyuz is completely scratch built by myself.
The cabin, the suspension, the wheels and the crane arms themselves almost are little model kits themselves.
At first I wanted to incorporate it all in a diorama but unfortunately it would have been too big for me to put anywhere.
The Soyuz is made from several types of paper and the hull is painted with a black paint in which I mixed some fine grained sand to imitate the burnt-up skin of the capsule.

PK - dei t dut mout t waiten!

Offline Oersted

• Liked: 341
  • Likes Given: 198
Kudos, that is not just a labour of love but also a work of art.

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
  • Liked: 751
  • Likes Given: 1503
That is PAPER!!  WOW!!  Amazing!  Very well done!

Offline Ben the Space Brit

• A spaceflight fan
  • London, UK
  • Liked: 553
  • Likes Given: 637
Off topic but it raises a chuckle with me that a huge heavy-lift low-loader like that was built by the same factory/design bureau as the limousine of choice of the Soviet hierarchy!
"Oops! I left the silly thing in reverse!" - Duck Dodgers

~*~*~*~

The Space Shuttle Program - 1981-2011

The time for words has passed; The time has come to put up or shut up!
DON'T PROPAGANDISE, FLY!!!

Offline Oersted

• Liked: 341
  • Likes Given: 198
Off topic but it raises a chuckle with me that a huge heavy-lift low-loader like that was built by the same factory/design bureau as the limousine of choice of the Soviet hierarchy!

...Probably the same chassis...  ;-)

Offline supermeerkat

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
That is amazing! You, sir, are skilled artist!

Tags: