Author Topic: ULA - How America’s two greatest rocket companies battled from the beginning  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Space Ghost 1962

• Whatcha gonna do when the Ghost zaps you?
  • Liked: 2030
  • Likes Given: 1494

Offline pippin

• Regular
  • Liked: 271
  • Likes Given: 39
Ah ... there’s that claim again
But finally, in September of that year, SpaceX completed the first orbital launch of a privately funded and developed rocket.
Nope. 18 years too late ...

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 4908
  • Likes Given: 3329
Ah ... there’s that claim again
But finally, in September of that year, SpaceX completed the first orbital launch of a privately funded and developed rocket.
Nope. 18 years too late ...

This isn't the place to have that debate.
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 2421
  • Likes Given: 793
I wondered where to post this article and I ended-up putting it in the SpaceX competition thread:

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=39688.msg1709232#msg1709232

I do wish the media would consider the difficulty of deciding where to reference such articles on this forum ;D

Online kevin-rf

• Elite Veteran
  • Overlooking the path Mary's little Lamb took..
  • Liked: 1015
  • Likes Given: 232
I do wish the media would consider the difficulty of deciding where to reference such articles on this forum ;D
Chris just needs to add a SpaceX vs. ULA section. Problem solved, all he would needsto do is find a couple of dozen moderators to police such a section....
If you're happy and you know it,
It's your med's!

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 9389
  • Likes Given: 296
You mean Boeing/MDAC and Lockheed Martin.

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 4908
  • Likes Given: 3329
The article referenced identifies ULA and SpaceX as the two companies. You may not agree but this isn't the place to debate that identification. I think the article has a comment section, or you could engage Eric Berger via Twitter?
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline russianhalo117

• AR USA / Berlin, DE / Moscow, RF
  • Liked: 655
  • Likes Given: 416
The article referenced identifies ULA and SpaceX as the two companies. You may not agree but this isn't the place to debate that identification. I think the article has a comment section, or you could engage Eric Berger via Twitter?
Personally I would recommend this be moved to either the http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?board=1.0 or http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?board=58.0 as the article does not pertain to only ULA.

Tags: