Author Topic: SpaceX Falcon 9 : Spaceflight SSO-A (Sun Synch Express) : Q2 2018  (Read 45700 times)

Offline Rik ISS-fan

• the Netherlands
  • Liked: 115
  • Likes Given: 13
Some details from the pictures that stand out to me.
1) Are they going to use plates with 4x24U deployers on SSO-A. I didn't know these 24U deployers.
2) The 6x6U Cubestack, in replies #55 & #59 from gongora image of a mockup of this ring are shown.
3) Detail of the stack on the laptop on image 2.
It looks like they are using the ASAP-S at the bottom. Above that are a Sherpa-0 ring with the 6x6U CubeStack. Than a (moog) SoftRide ring with another Sherpa-0 24" ESPA-ring on top. Then the adapter to the payload on top, it looks like there are several (~6) 6U dispensers mounted on this adapter structure. Very nice and complicated stack.

Edit: I watched the video added to the spaceflight modal survey article.
I noted that the bottom Sherpa looks more spherical instead of cilindrical, could this be a Sherpa with propulsion module, or did they need clearance for the payload underneath ASAP-S/ this Sherpa?

(I've removed the ugly detail images)
I just realized this was already discussed on Reddit
Final edit: Spaceflight is releasing an updated "general payload user's guide' at the end of 2017. Hopefully this will explain a lot.
« Last Edit: 10/06/2017 01:48 PM by Rik ISS-fan »

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 1207
  • Likes Given: 921
Does anyone know if these U.S. Coast Guard "Polar Scout" cubesats will be on SSO-A?  It says launching on a SpaceX rocket in 2018.

[The Day] Can tiny satellites help the Coast Guard do its job?

Offline Rik ISS-fan

• the Netherlands
  • Liked: 115
  • Likes Given: 13
On this SSO-A launch, a Sherpa(-0) payload carriing ring will be debuted.
This was reported in the Spacenews Q&A Curt Blake article.
Most likely the bulbous ring is the maiden Sherpa-0 (without propulsion module).

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 1207
  • Likes Given: 921
On this SSO-A launch, a Sherpa(-0) payload carriing ring will be debuted.
This was reported in the Spacenews Q&A Curt Blake article.
Most likely the bulbous ring is the maiden Sherpa-0 (without propulsion module).

SHERPA should be the ring(s) at the top.

I wonder when/if they are going to file FCC documents like they did for the cancelled SHERPA flight.

Tags: