Author Topic: LIVE: STS-134 Flight Day 6 - Focused Inspection, Pope, EVA-2 Prep  (Read 76265 times)

Offline John44

• Elite Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • space-multimedia
  • Liked: 155
  • Likes Given: 0

Offline Frandolf

• Germany
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 94
I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone on site that you're doing fine work for us all in Houston :)

I totally agree with that, I get a big smile every time when our man in Houston has the first question  ;D

And I would like to thank all the folks around here for the coverage of the mission, which is at terrible times for most of us.  :'(

Offline brueyh1976

• Armchair Astronaut
  • Southampton, UK
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 3
I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone on site that you're doing fine work for us all in Houston :)

I totally agree with that, I get a big smile every time when our man in Houston has the first question  ;D

And I would like to thank all the folks around here for the coverage of the mission, which is at terrible times for most of us.  :'(

I can totally echo this. To hear our Philip get that first question, sends tingles. First Chris G at KSC and now Philip in JSC, doesn't get much better than that.

I would also like to add my thanks for the coverage so far. The timeline is a weird one this time and at the time of the typing of this, I'm working a nightshift. If it wasn't for NSF.com I wouldn't have a clue as to what is happening, thank you again
"Disovery, Houston - Roll Program"  "Roger Roll Discovery"

Offline Melroy Fan

• Peoria, Arizona
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 39
Absolutely agree with the comments here.

Many, many thanks to Chris, Philip, Chris G., Ron and everyone else.

We have the best site on the web, hands down and it is thanks to everyone who participates here.  :)

Offline psloss

• Veteran armchair spectator
  • Liked: 1721
  • Likes Given: 951
It's good and "bad."  It's good in terms of opportunities, particularly when there are questions to ask.  It's "bad" in that there's not a lot of competition for the mic.

I am a little surprised at how few reporters came to Houston for this one, but it's not the last flight.  Probably going to be different for that.

Offline Mark Max Q

• Going Supersonic
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 15
Great catching up on here today.

Thanks to Chris for the article http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2011/05/sts-134-obss-focused-inspection-pope-call-iss/

and thanks to the coverage here and on L2.

And thanks to Philip for being at JSC.

Offline Space Pete

From 4:10 onwards in this video, Greg Chamitoff gives an HD fly-through tour of the Shuttle/Station stack.

Too bad the NASA TV editors cut some parts of it out to compress it - I'd love to see it all.

Also, Greg's knowledge of the Russian Segment needs a little work - he though there was a Docking Compartment at MRM-1 Nadir, he called MRM-2 a Docking Compartment, and he thought that there were three Soyuzes present at the station. :D

NASASpaceflight ISS Editor

Offline Chris Bergin

Alignment bump.

Tags: