Author Topic: Dr. Harold (Sonny) White.  (Read 10338 times)

Offline jaiii

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Dr. Harold (Sonny) White.
« on: 03/04/2011 12:43 pm »
Hello.

Can someone tell me the details of the theory of "Dr. Harold (Sonny) White. " Or where would I find something more about it?

Thank you very much.

Online AnalogMan

• Cambridge, UK
  • Liked: 1602
  • Likes Given: 50
Re: Dr. Harold (Sonny) White.
« Reply #1 on: 03/04/2011 01:24 pm »
Hello.

Can someone tell me the details of the theory of "Dr. Harold (Sonny) White. " Or where would I find something more about it?

Thank you very much.

There is a reference to a paper in this post:
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=13020.msg694349#msg694349

The abstract is free, however, you will need to purchase the full paper in order to read it.

Offline jaiii

« Reply #2 on: 03/04/2011 03:33 pm »
Thank.

I am new in this forum.

Online AnalogMan

• Cambridge, UK
« Reply #3 on: 03/05/2011 12:37 am »
Thank.

I am new in this forum.

Welcome to the forum  :) (should have said this the first time)

This may also be of interest to you - from the Von Braun Symposium October 2009:
http://astronautical.org/files/vonbraun/2009/Von_Braun_Symposium_2009-10-21_7b_White.pdf
« Last Edit: 03/05/2011 12:38 am by AnalogMan »

Offline jaiii

« Reply #4 on: 03/05/2011 09:12 am »
Thank veri much.

Offline space_man

« Reply #5 on: 03/15/2011 01:21 pm »
Quantum Vacuum Propulsion - beautiful idea. I think this is far more realistic then any of these worm-hole/hyper-drive things people have been proposing.

Offline mlorrey

• International Spaceflight Museum
  • Grantham, NH
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: 03/15/2011 02:20 pm »
Quantum Vacuum Propulsion - beautiful idea. I think this is far more realistic then any of these worm-hole/hyper-drive things people have been proposing.

Actually, if you look at this powerpoint in detail, and read it, you would see that he is showing some Mach thrusters (which use crossed E and B fields to produce propellantless thrust, as he describes). This is Mach thruster work being repackaged under a new theory to explain how they work. However, if you look in the equations section near the end, he's essentially replicating the work of Woodward while claiming it as his own.
VP of International Spaceflight Museum - http://ismuseum.org
Founder, Lorrey Aerospace, B&T Holdings, ACE Exchange, and Hypersonic Systems. Currently I am a venture recruiter for Family Office Venture Capital.

Online AnalogMan

• Cambridge, UK
« Reply #7 on: 10/18/2011 11:57 am »
Already noted in this forum thread, but thought I'd also post details of this latest paper here as well.

Warp Field Mechanics 101 - Dr Harold "Sonny" White [DARPA-NASA 100 Year Starship Symposium] 30 Sep 2011

ABSTRACT:
This paper will begin with a short review of the Alcubierre warp drive metric and describes how the phenomenon might work based on the original paper. The canonical form of the metric was developed and published in [6] which provided key insight into the field potential and boost for the field which remedied a critical paradox in the original Alcubierre concept of operations. A modified concept of operations based on the canonical form of the metric that remedies the paradox is presented and discussed. The idea of a warp drive in higher dimensional space-time (manifold) will then be briefly considered by comparing the null-like geodesics of the Alcubierre metric to the Chung-Freese metric to illustrate the mathematical role of hyperspace coordinates. The net effect of using a warp drive technology coupled with conventional propulsion systems on an exploration mission will be discussed using the nomenclature of early mission planning. Finally, an overview of the warp field interferometer test bed being implemented in the Advanced Propulsion Physics Laboratory: Eagleworks (APPL:E) at the Johnson Space Center will be detailed. While warp field mechanics has not had a Chicago Pile moment, the tools necessary to detect a modest instance of the phenomenon are near at hand.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20110015936_2011016932.pdf

Copy also attached.

Offline space_man

« Reply #8 on: 10/25/2011 07:41 pm »
Very interesting article! Really puts a good prespective on how to vector the warp...

So the point is to generate a localized negative energy density field inside the spacecraft, which would boost its initial velocity to an effective "super-luminal" velocity.

Quantum mechanics allows for such field, so we would essentially need a "squeeze machine", which would squeeze the negative energy state from say a beam of photons, did I understand this correctly?

Because of the York-time factor, I predict that such boosts would be especially useful to spacecraft equipped with anti-matter drives so that you are boosting a craft already traveling at a good fraction of the speed of light...

yes its all on the verge of sci-fi, but what do you guys think?

Offline Star-Drive

• TX/USA
  • Liked: 1031
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #9 on: 10/27/2011 11:34 am »

Actually, if you look at this powerpoint in detail, and read it, you would see that he is showing some Mach thrusters (which use crossed E and B fields to produce propellantless thrust, as he describes). This is Mach thruster work being repackaged under a new theory to explain how they work. However, if you look in the equations section near the end, he's essentially replicating the work of Woodward while claiming it as his own.

Mike:

Sonny's QVF work is based on QM, cosmology and plasma physics, NOT Mach's Principle and GRT as Woodward's M-E conjecture is, yet they both reach similar conclusions.  I find that rather suprising outcome to be very encouraging for propellantless propulsion research and it tells me at least that both approaches have something truly profound to say about how the universe really works.  IMO if both Woodward and White could find ways to pool their theoretical marbles in a consturctuve way, I believe they could come up with a viable quantum-gravity theory that would replace both GRT and QM, while providing the rest of us the keys to the galaxy and even usable time travel. 

Best,

Paul M.
Star-Drive

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography